I just came across this magical photo, and I had to share it with you! It’s such a perfect example of how the creative team at Disney Fine Art Photography & Video can capture your family’s magical memories here at the Walt Disney World Resort!
Imagine capturing your perfect little pixie in the midst of the enchanting magic of Neverland with Tinker Bell herself. Take your child’s magical flitteriffic moment and capture it in a lifelong lasting memory!
And now, I’m going to let you in on a little secret… You don’t even have to be staying on Walt Disney World Resort property or visiting one of the parks to have a session with Disney Fine Art Photography & Video! Anyone can book a session!
With a little faith, trust, and pixie dust, the talented and creative photographers at Disney Fine Art Photography & Video can not only create a private, personal photo session for you and your family while you are visiting the Walt Disney World Resort, they can also create an image enhanced with magic and, well a little pixie dust!
If you want to learn more about the enhanced photo experience or the enchanting memories Disney Fine Art Photography & Video can help capture for your family, visit Disneyeventphotography.com or call (407) 934-4004.
You know I am always looking for ways to bring the pixie dust to you at home and this week I have a special surprise for you! As your Dream Maker, I wanted to include a “taste” of Neverland just for you. So I met up with Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer, to include a recipe topped with pixie dust!
For a “Taste of Neverland” you can experience at home, here’s a favorite sugar cookie recipe with a sprinkling of “pixie dust” from the pastry chefs at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa . The “pixie dust” is colored sugar sprinkles – you can let the kids make a wish as they decorate their own.
For neat edges, dip your cookie cutters in flour before cutting out each cookie. Have fun making magical memories!
Neverland Sugar Cookies
Makes 2 dozen cookies
2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
12 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 vanilla bean
2 1/2 cups pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup colored “pixie dust” (colored sugar sprinkles), for decorating
- Cream sugar and butter in large bowl until smooth, using an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add egg and almond extract. Split vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds with the back of a knife. Add directly to butter mixture; mix until combined.
- Sift together flour and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture, using electric mixer on low until a dough forms. Be sure to scrape sides ofbowl while mixing.
- Remove dough from bowl and wrap in plastic wrap; place in refrigerator until firm, 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 330˚F. Allow dough to sit at room temperature until pliable, about 15 minutes. Divide in half and place on floured work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll dough out until about 1/8 inch thick. While rolling, flour the work surface and rolling pin as needed.
- Cut out desired shapes with cookie cutters. Transfer to an ungreased cookie sheet, placing 1 inch apart. Generously sprinkle with sugar sprinkles.
- Place cookie sheet on rack in center of oven and bake until edges are firm and bottoms very lightly browned, 10 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet for a minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.