Cinco de Mayo will be celebrated with food, fun and festivities in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort! Our favorite Cocina de Mexico, Tortilla Jo’s, will offer a special three-course Cinco de Mayo menu for $27, which will include:
First Course (choice of):
- Soupa de Chorizo con Pappas – Creamy Russet Potato Soup served with sautéed leeks and Mexican chorizo topped with a cilantro oil drizzle and crema fresca
- Ensalada de Berros – Crisp watercress tossed in orange bacon vinaigrette topped with shaved fennel, diced tomatoes, sunkist orange segments and grated parmesan cheese
Second Course (choice of):
- Pescado Estilo Veracruz – Pan-seared red snapper served with seasoned green onion fingerling potatoes topped with a jalapeno caper Veracruz sauce
- Tinga de Carne – Slow-roasted, shredded beef tinga on a bed of boston lettuce topped with cotija cheese and lemon crema fresca accompanied with Fresno chile frijoles and tortilla ribbons
- Panna Cotta de Vino Rojo – Creamy, slow-baked custard served with three dipping sauces: strawberry and red wine syrup, mint julip and lime glaze and coconut milk creme anglaise
Complete the celebration with specialty margaritas, including:
- Blanco Traditional Margarita – Karma Blanco tequila, fresh lime juice, simple syrup
- Margarita de Raspberry Rojo – Karma Reposado Tequila, fresh lime juice, raspberries, simple syrup with a float of Grand Marnier
- Green Melon Margarita – Karma Blanco tequila, fresh lime juice, simple syrup and float of Midori Melon Liqueur
Tortilla Jo’s will offer something for everyone! The entire family can join in the fun of the celebration with three pinata sessions at 3 p.m., 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. Early in the evening, the traditional sounds of Mexico will fill Tortilla Jo’s as we proudly present the Grammy award-winning Mariachi Divas from 6 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Audiences will also be delighted by the South American music played by the popular band Alturas nearby in the Downtown Disney District.
We invite you to join us in the Downtown Disney District for our Cinco de Mayo celebration – I hope to see you there!