Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
“it’s a small world” Holiday at Disneyland Park

Disney Theatrical Group Welcomes Disney Cruise Line Guests to New York City This Summer

posted on April 6th, 2012 by Arnaldo Zanonato, Port Adventures Manager

For guests sailing on the Disney Magic voyages from New York City this summer, Disney Cruise Line and the Disney Theatrical Group put together an amazing experience that I want to tell you about!

Before or after their cruise, guests are able to book a Disney-exclusive tour of the historical New Amsterdam Theatre. Disney Theatrical tour guides will share information on future productions and guests will visit areas not open to the general public, such as the props archive room…

Disney Cruise Line Guests Take an Exclusive Tour of the Theatre Disney Cruise Line Guests Take an Exclusive Tour of the Theatre

After the tour, guests will enjoy a performance of one of two Disney Broadway hits: The Lion King or Mary Poppins!

Disney Cruise Line Guests Can Enjoy the Disney Broadway Hit, ‘The Lion King’ Disney Cruise Line Guests Can Enjoy the Disney Broadway Hit, ‘Mary Poppins’

This offer, exclusively for Disney Cruise Line guests, is a great way to extend a magical cruise vacation in the grand city of New York. Who will be joining us in the Big Apple this summer?

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Leslie on April 6th, 2012 at 9:59 pm

This is so exciting! I’ll be going on the Eastern Canada voyage. I mainly want to see the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park Zoo, and maybe the Bronx Zoo. I was thinking it would be difficult to get to see a play and the Disney Store in Times Square, and this looks like the perfect solution. Mary Poppins for me! Where do I sign up?

Pamela on April 9th, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Where can I find information on this? We sailing on one of the Canadian cruises this summer and this looks really cool.

Melissa on April 9th, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Having seen both shows, I would vote for The Lion King.

Adriana from Zuid-Holland on April 9th, 2012 at 3:57 pm

I vote for The Lion King. It’s the best musical of the World!

David on April 9th, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Where can I find information on adding this tour and a show? We are taking a cruise in Sept. to Nova Scotia from NYC. This would be a nice add-on.

Bryan from ON on April 10th, 2012 at 9:02 am

I love both but the great singing and dancing of Mary Poppins would be fantastic! Then to see backstage, to see how the magic happens, that would just be a once in a life time experience. I’m soooo jealous!

Timothy from OH on April 10th, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Saw them both and my favorite was Mary Poppins…The best show of all was Beauty and The Beast when Donnie Osmond played Gaston…All the Disney plays we saw on Broadway where good.

Susan from CA on April 12th, 2012 at 4:54 pm

If you go to Disney Cruise Line’s website and look under Port Adventures (Cruises & Adventures drop down), I think you will find it.