Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion

Disney’s Art of Animation Resort: One Month From Opening

posted on April 30th, 2012 by Michelle Baumann, Walt Disney World Public Relations

It is hard to believe but Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is set to open in just one month. A whimsical, watery world unfolds for guests in the Finding Nemo wing, the first phase set to open May 31. This resort, which includes family suites, celebrates rich storytelling while immersing guests inside the sketch books of animators to the playful “worlds” of favorite Disney•Pixar classics. Take a look at the newest video in the “From the Drawing Board” series…

For more in this series about Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, check out the posts below:

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Hotels & Resorts, Walt Disney World Resort

Colleen from TX on April 30th, 2012 at 12:40 pm

So exciting! Thanks for the sneak peeks. Can’t wait to test out the swimming pool.

Michele on April 30th, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Just booked a stay in the Cars section for September! Can’t wait to stay at this new resort. It looks amazing so far!

Trudy on April 30th, 2012 at 2:47 pm

I wish you had some value resorts that didn’t cater to children. We’re older & all our son is grown. It’s not that we don’t like kids. But I feel in this day & age people are suspicious of you if you are @ a place like that without kids.

Eric on April 30th, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I’m definitely going, but I’m only one person, and don’t need a suite. (And no one ever looks at me suspiciously. :) )
If Cars and Lion King don’t have singles, how long until the Little Mermaid wing opens?

Shawn on April 30th, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Little Mermaid Is the last section to be opening and is the only one that will have single rooms everything else will be suites.

Skip from FL on April 30th, 2012 at 6:25 pm

#4 – Eric

The Little Mermaid is to open September 15th.

Nathan on May 4th, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Trudy – you should check out All Star Music resort. My wife and I stayed there pre-kids and didn’t feel like it catered to just kids. A lot of the theme is based on different genres of music the last 50 years, adult music that is!

Veronica from KY on May 7th, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Trudy-My hubby and I stayed at the All Star Sports resort for our one year anniversary B.K. (Before Kids) and had a lot of fun. Did not feel funny and no one treated us any different. 12 years later, we took our 2 girls and had a lot of fun-again!

Elaine on May 8th, 2012 at 9:19 am

Trudy – My sister and I are going in December and we are staying at the All Star Movies. We have always stayed one of the All Star resorts because we can’t afford any of the other ones. We have never felt funny or felt out of place. If other guests are noticing you don’t have any kids with you they must not be busy or having a good time! it’s not like you are lurking – you walk to and from your room or the pool. Go and have a good time.

Karlie from LA on May 8th, 2012 at 3:55 pm

We are going to Disney World & a cruise in September, I made my reservations already, but I want to see if we can stay at the new Animation Resort! My 8 year old loves the Little mermaid, we’re so excited!

Skip from FL on May 8th, 2012 at 8:27 pm

#10 – Karlie from LA

I hope the Disney World part of your vacation is after the 15th when The Little Mermaid section of The Art of Animation Resort is scheduled to open.

Ronnie on May 9th, 2012 at 11:36 pm

We are arriving for our 7 day stay on June 2nd in the Nemo Family Suites. Will there still be any Opening Ceremony activities going on that weekend?

Claudia on May 18th, 2012 at 2:27 pm

We are going on December 12th in the Lion King Family Suites. Children can’t hardly wait to this new resort!

Shelley on May 19th, 2012 at 6:09 pm

See you in Sept…. Excited…… Very!!!!