'World of Color' at Disney California Adventure Park

Exclusive: Cast Your Eyes on the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card Spoiler List

posted on April 4th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

In a previous post here on the Disney Parks Blog, I gave you a look inside the new Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom role-playing game, as well as a peek at five of the spell cards guests can use in their battle against Disney villains.

“Sorcerers

To refresh your memory, here’s how the cards work: Each day a guest plays the game, they receive five complimentary cards that help them foil the plans of Disney villains who are running amok throughout Magic Kingdom Park. The cards each feature a Disney character that offers a spell unique to him or her. And, multiple cards can be used at once to cast several spells on a villain, simultaneously.

There will be 70 different spell cards available, and here’s an exclusive look at 60 cards from the game, so you can see exactly which ones you need to complete your collection.

RARE

70. Merryweather’s Stone Spell
  71. Mr. Incredible’s Power Heave
  72. Mushu’s Fiery Breath
  73. Winnie the Pooh’s Honey Bees

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Jaime on April 4th, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Love that there are so many diverse characters involved. SOunds super exciting. Need to plan a trip to world so we can play.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 4th, 2012 at 3:03 pm

It is a lot of fun. I like Bolt’s Super Bark. That one is fun. :)

Jeffrey on April 4th, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Woohoo! Got them all!!!! Love playing this game at Magic Kingdom, can’t wait for more stuff like it!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 4th, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Wow, you’re quite a collector! You must be pretty good at the game by now.

Brian on April 4th, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Does this mean cards 61 – 70 will finally be released?

Michael on April 4th, 2012 at 3:18 pm

This game is absolutely fantastic! It’s fun not only for the young, but the young at heart as well. I already have 1-60 as well as one of the super rare cards and I can’t wait for more to be released!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 4th, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Wow, that’s amazing. I have four (lost one).

Daniel on April 4th, 2012 at 3:19 pm

*pokes the imagineers with a stick* I am noticing a lack of Meeko on the cards list. :P Just a suggestion… please?

Katrina from CA on April 4th, 2012 at 3:26 pm

This looks like so much fun! Any ideas on if it’s coming to Disney in CA? My kids would love playing this!

Dana on April 4th, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Awesome addition to the park experience!!! We have heard of the 61-70. There were rumors of the cards being sold in packages & being in holographic form – or – they were randomly going to be placed in the packages we all receive now each day. Also, is there any information regarding how some cards are cut different at the top?

Thanks Jennifer, we are all very excited & we really do enjoy the game! Hoping Disney has plans of making it a real card game for the guests so we can play when we are not at the parks if we wanted to. Kinda like a Pokemon or Yugioh Card Game – But a Disney version :)

Dana – FL

Eric from MA on April 4th, 2012 at 3:55 pm

I read that the game is currently locked to Easy mode during busy times. Is there any word on how long this will last? I hope that Medium and Hard are available for my trip in May!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 5th, 2012 at 9:58 am

Let me look into this.

J. on April 4th, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Love this game. The trading cards are really fun (got Robin Hood recently…been looking for him) and it’s cool to be able to feel like you’re interacting with the characters.

There are lots of rumors swirling about cards 61-70 and possible additional cards to be released. Hopefully we will hear the definitive story on them soon! (And that Pluto and Goofy will be in a new batch!)

Allie on April 4th, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I played this game during the testing period… it was SO much fun! :) I can’t wait to play it again during our next trip to WDW. I’ll definitely be collecting the cards!

Do you know if the cards from testing are the same as the cards used now? I’m curious if the ones I have will count in the collection.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 5th, 2012 at 9:58 am

Yes, I believe they are the same.

Jessica on April 4th, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I love the Princess cards and the Quasimodo card!!! Are there any plans to make more as more films are made?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 5th, 2012 at 9:58 am

I honestly don’t know. We’ll have to see.

Steven from FL on April 4th, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I wanmt to see a card with Oswald The Lucky Rabbit on it. That’s about as rare as they come.

Wendy from NH on April 4th, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Loved it when we played during testing, and am so sad…when we took the questionnaire at the end they told us we had to turn in our cards. I now hear that people kept them, but we did as we were told, and now have none. Sigh. Just have to come back and start over!!!

steven on April 4th, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Jennifer,

Thank you for posting the list of the first 60 cards for the Guests that are curious what cards are in the game and in which group. I have collected the first 60 and am waiting on the Ultra Rare to be released to finish the set of 70.

I am curious about where the Thumper card image you posted came from though. The Thumper card used in game has a foot pattern in the circles and background not snowflakes.

Jason on April 4th, 2012 at 4:59 pm

DisneySorcerers has an awesome list with pictures of cards #1 – #60. Apprentice Mickey is probably my favorite!

Rochelle on April 4th, 2012 at 6:17 pm

There’s an Oswald card?!?! That’s enough for my autistic daughter to go as soon as we can afford it. SHE LOVES OSWALD! This makes getting a park hopper an even better idea.

Brian from CA on April 4th, 2012 at 8:51 pm

I hope there is a DLR game planned. And not just for DL but for Downtowndisny, the hotels, and DCA. That would be epic!

Dana on April 5th, 2012 at 10:03 am

Hi Jennifer, is there any other news you can share with all of us for the next upcoming weeks. For those that are not local we do not want to miss out on the next adventure Disney might have for us :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 5th, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Dana – If you’re visiting within the next few weeks, be sure to keep checking back to the blog. We publish all our news right here. :)

Stephanie on April 5th, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Eric – when we were at MK mid-March, we waited behind a player who needed to try several different combinations of spells to defeat one of the villain. He told us that he had attempted to defeat the same one five different times with no success. He had gone home, rearranged his cards and tried again on the night we were there, but to no avail. It seems that the longer you play, the difficulty level is increasing.

Edward on April 5th, 2012 at 12:30 pm

If those cards are to be used against villains they messed up on three of the cards.

The Queen of Hearts is a villain
Lythos from Hercules is a Titan which is a villain
Monstro is the whale in Pinocchio and I’d say he was a villain ( he eat Pinocchio and Gipedo)

They need to be careful not to use villains in these cards if they are truly to be used against villains.

Stuart on April 5th, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Looks like tremendous fun.
Can’t wait to start collecting them with my daughter.
August can’t come fast enough

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 5th, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I hope you two have a blast, Stuart!

Allie on April 5th, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Wendy: when I was a tester, there WAS no questionnaire at the end! That’s probably why I was able to keep my cards. No one told me otherwise.

Amy on April 5th, 2012 at 1:43 pm

So if we are going in September, can we get these cards then? And can we get five per person or just five per group? My kids would love collecting these while we are there?

bethanie on April 5th, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Can parents get their own cards to play this too?? When you defeat a villin do they take your cards or do you get to keep them?

Dana on April 5th, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Jennifer, can you tell us if there will be other Disney merchandise available for Sorcerers Of The Magic Kingdom – Like card sleeves, binders – t-shirts etc etc :) Thanks

William on April 5th, 2012 at 3:32 pm

I’ve been playing the game for over 4 weeks now and I have to say by far this is my second reason to visit Magic Kingdom (second behind the monorails). The idea of casting your own spells to help fight and defeat the famous Disney villains is a great interactive experience for all ages. Thanks for creating such a fantastic game. However, I am a little upset that the harder levels are currently deactivated. I do have a question though. I have an idea for the game but don’t know who to bring it to. Is there someone that I could email and express my idea to them?

William on April 5th, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Has anyone else noticed that we are fighting villains with villains? I mean Doris and Lythos are villains in their respective films.

Evelyn on April 5th, 2012 at 6:58 pm

In playing SMK and attempting to swap for the few cards I need to complete my 1-60 set, I have run into quite a few people who are not playing but who like the artwork on the cards so much that they have begun collecting purely for aesthetics.

I, too, would like to know about merchandising tie-ins, though my ideas run more toward collector pins that you could get only as you advance through levels of the game.

Just because I feel it never hurts to provide Disney information about unusual circumstances, let me add that I am a local resident, a night-shift worker, usually hitting the park for a few hours after work in the morning, before heading to bed. Great way to put any work-related stress behind me.

Looking forward to being able to ‘level up’ once spring break’s crowds are behind us.

Tony on April 5th, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Are they going to do the same thing at disneyland?

Shaughn from NC on April 6th, 2012 at 10:38 am

How does one start? Where do you get the cards? My son will be going in October and is interested in playing.

William on April 6th, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Shaughn, there are 2 locations at which you can start your quest. The first is on Main Street USA in the Fire Station located on the left hand side of the park entrance next to Guest Relations. The second is in Liberty Square located behind the Christmas Shop near Tiana’s Meet and Greet. Both locations, if I’m not mistaken, are marked on the park maps with a Sorcerer Mickey’s Hat. Hope this helps and enjoy the game!

Dan on April 15th, 2012 at 7:01 pm

@Amy – My advice on playing as a family is to go ahead and register each family member for the game, but make sure you keep track of whose Key Card is whose – as the game is connected to an RFID “chip” embedded in those cards. A really great suggestion is to get some form of lanyard (Pin Trading Lanyards are great!) with a pouch to put your park ticket, fast passes, and key cards in. this will avoid any confusion on whose card is whose.

Once everyone is registered, if you decide to play as a group, make sure everyone gets their daily allotment of spell cards but log in at the Portals with only one card. The Spell Cards aren’t linked to the game information other than the “powering up” aspect, so in theory a family of 5 playing together could start the game with up to 25 cards this way. :)

The game is really fun and addictive though, so be ready to split up at some point during your visit and have each family member play their own game – with their own cards.

James from CA on April 16th, 2012 at 10:10 pm

I last visited WDW with my premier pass during the playtest phase, and used the time to not only complete the game on Level 1, try out Level 2 (before it crashed), and most importantly collect and trade for Cards #1-60. I would REALLY like to obtain the super rare cards now that they are theoretically in circulation, but that isn’t realistic unless they bring the game to Disneyland.

The one concern I’m sure the Imagineers would have in doing that is congestion. Disneyland doesn’t have as much room to accomidate people standing around waiting for portals, particularly Main Street (especially during parade/fireworks), Frontierland (especially during Fantasmic), and Adventureland (which always seems packed). They would likely have to do some creative retheming in order to accomidate enough portals and spread the game around. That said, the one thing they COULD do (which isn’t possible in Florida) is extend the game to DCA. Granted, this would require anyone interested in actually completing the game to have a park hopper ticket (but since the main appeal of something like this is going to be annual passholders anyway, I don’t see that as a major drawback). Also, the Disneyland Resort has the advantage that park hopping can be done in a matter of minutes.

Again, I will reiterate the curiosity and interest others have shown in whether or not SOTMK will ever find a second home at the Disneyland Resort.

Serena on April 22nd, 2012 at 6:18 pm

My boyfriend and I just started playing yesterday and it is a blast. I can’t wait to collect more cards to advance deeper into this Disney RPG. Yes, each person with a ticket can get their own cards. We will all end up carrying our spell binders putting much thought into what spells we may cast the day we attend.
This is a great way to add a different and exciting level of fun to The Magic Kingdom!
I started going to the Magic Kingdom at 5 years of age. I am now 48 and still get as excited as the first time I went as a kid!!

Jeffrey on April 25th, 2012 at 10:42 pm

I think the designs for the cards would make a great “camp shirt” if you put them altogether.