On Earth Day, April 22, bring your entire family to get outside and enjoy the benefits of nature with the following organizations at the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort from 12 – 5 p.m. Activities will be presented at no cost to encourage the next generation to spend more time outdoors, and its importance to their wellness!
- USA Volleyball – The pros who train Olympians will demonstrate how the sport is played and pull youngsters into the fun.
- Next Level Sports – Future athletes can shoot hoops and participate in kickball games.
- The First Tee of Los Angeles – Budding golfers will get pointers on how to hit the links with a perfect swing.
- Orange County Coastkeeper and The Coastal Conservation Network will share what it takes to keep our coastline and beaches safe for our wildlife.
- Sun Safe Tee will be on hand to educate sun-seekers about proper sun protection.
- DJ Wendy will be spinning tunes and hosting conservation trivia for chances to win ESPN Zone game cards.
Seedlings with planting instructions will be given to participants while supplies last, helping to cultivate the outdoors in addition to enjoying it!
Read these posts to learn more about conservation efforts at Disney Parks:
- Wildlife Wednesdays: Central Florida Kids Connect with Nature During a Special Day Camp at the Walt Disney World Resort
- Disneyland Resort Cast Members Educate Local Students About Water Conservation
- Every Role a Starring Role – Disneyland Resort Tram Driver