Mickey and Friends at Disneyland Park

‘Phineas and Ferb’ VIPs Tour Epcot as Imagineers Prep Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure

posted on April 26th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Hey, where’s Perry? He’s at Epcot!

While the new Epcot attraction, Disney Phineas & Ferb: Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure, won’t open until later this summer, three big talents behind the hit Disney Channel and Disney XD animated series got a sneak peek on Wednesday – along with Agent P himself! Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh are co-creators of “Phineas and Ferb” and actor Vincent Martella gives voice to Phineas Flynn. The trio toured World Showcase as Walt Disney Imagineering revealed some of the new attraction’s secrets – and then swore them to secrecy.

The game is based on the wily secret-agent alter-ego of Phineas and Ferb’s pet, Perry the Platypus. Transforming into secret agents, Epcot guests will use a F.O.N.E. (Field Operative Notification Equipment) to scour World Showcase for clues, evil “Inators” and – with a little bit of luck – help Agent P defeat his nemesis, Dr. Doofenschmirtz.

(Disclaimer: The statue of Dr. Doofenschmirtz you see at the end of the video was part of a Walt Disney Imagineering test, and was taken out before guests arrived for the day.)

Although Phineas and Ferb greet guests daily at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure is the first time these characters have been part of an attraction at Walt Disney World Resort.

In addition to creating “Phineas and Ferb,” you can also hear Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh on episodes of the show. Dan writes and performs songs, as well as providing the voice of Dr. Doofenschmirtz. Swampy also writes songs and voices Major Monogram.

Filed: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

16 Comments 1 Reply

Marcie from PA on April 26th, 2012 at 10:25 am

I am an absolute Phineas and Ferb fanatic! Its really exciting to hear that they’re getting their own attraction, but, naturally, we’re coming down in June, so I’ll have to wait until next year to see it! :-((

Darian on April 26th, 2012 at 11:02 am

I’ll be there May 27th-Junes 7th…will it be open by then?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 26th, 2012 at 1:07 pm

We don’t have an opening date to share yet – keep watching!

Adam on April 26th, 2012 at 11:31 am

What would be really cool is if there were episodes integrating parts of the attraction. You may use that idea.

Marlene from NC on April 26th, 2012 at 11:46 am

Oh I can’t wait! I’ll be there in July.

Cynthia on April 26th, 2012 at 12:27 pm

We love Perry and the boys and we enjoyed Kim Possible when visiting too. I’m hoping that the change over to Agent P incorporates new things and doesn’t just change the storylines and a few details. We’ll be there at the beginning of August 2012. Hope it’s open then. Disney is doing some great new things. Can’t wait for our 2013 visit – it will be just like going for the very first time.

Chris on April 26th, 2012 at 1:22 pm

This sounds like super fun. I wish I was closer to WDW so I could visit more often. I missed the Kim Possible interactive game but will hopefully get there in time to join in the Agent P themed fun. :)

Chris on April 26th, 2012 at 1:23 pm

On a side note (semi-related to my last comment). Is there any chance we’ll see interactive games like these coming to Disneyland California? I’m on the West side of the US so both economically and logistically, we travel to DL much more often than WDW.

Amy from WI on April 26th, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Will Kim Possible be down while things are being transformed into Agent P? We’ll be down there June 8 and my kids like both Kim and Perry they just want to have the experience.

Brian from CA on April 26th, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Can we be expecting any quest over at DLR it would be so fun to go around DL and DCA looking for stuff like this?

Lisa on April 26th, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Thank you very putting something into Disney that isn’t Princess-related!

I have two boys and they love this show. Last year, we missed most of World Showcase because I knew they would not be interested. This year, I’ll get to go shopping at World Showcase while the boys do P & F!

Thanks again!

Kyra on April 26th, 2012 at 5:57 pm

It looks good! I just hope Doofenshmirtz doesn’t use his amnesianator during the game. I’ll want to remember. Every second!

Brian on April 27th, 2012 at 8:09 am

This looks like a lot of fun. Our grand-daughters did Kim Possible but got really bored with it after about 2 hours and quit.

Lisa on April 27th, 2012 at 9:54 am

We have annual passes and my daughter and I have done Kim Possible a number of times. I am also afraid that the current items have just been renamed and re-storied to fit with a P+F theme. (The singing steins is in KP at the moment, as is the girl chasing someone around the clock.) I’ll probably still do the adventure once to say I have, but am hopeful that it really is new adventures.

Allie on April 27th, 2012 at 1:17 pm

When will the Kim Possible game close?

Paul on April 29th, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Does Agent P already greet guests at the Walt Disney Resort or will he be greeting them after his game is opened?

Sarah on May 23rd, 2012 at 10:15 am

We’re taking our Phineas & Ferb loving kids for their first ever trip to Walt Disney World from June 14-20. As we’re trying to pick out which park to visit each day of our trip, knowing when this attraction opens would make a REALLY big difference to us in choosing our Epcot Day. I know there’s no official date yet but I’m just desperate to find out so we can plan – it would be a shame to miss it by just days. What’s the very best way to be sure I hear word as soon as the date is set?