Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Park

So Good You Could Eat It! Rock Candy Mountain at Trolley Treats in Disney California Adventure Park

posted on April 26th, 2012 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

Trolley Treats is heading down the track and into your hearts on June 15 at Disney California Adventure park. So what will you find when you look inside? Well…in the window of Trolley Treats (the new confectionery store on Buena Vista Street) will be a model of Rock Candy Mountain.
“Disney

For those of you who may not know, Rock Candy Mountain was originally envisioned for Disneyland park as part of the Storybook Land Canal Boats. The Casey Jr. Circus Train would have traveled around it. It was Imagineer and Disney Legend Claude Coats who worked on concept art for the mountain back in 1957, and while the project was never built, the idea will live on in the whimsical model that guests can enjoy in the front window of the candy shop. Climb aboard, because this journey will take you across the Rio Fudge, through Taffy Valley and over Dew Drop Hills to Rock Candy Mountain.
“A

So, come one, come all! Pound for pound, this unique shop will offer temptations for anyone with a sweet tooth. Selections from our candy makers will range from gourmet marshmallows and hand-pulled taffy to caramel apples, dipped strawberries, toffee, fudge and other seasonal favorites.

Crave something more? Watch our Candy Makers amaze and delight you as they bring the magic of gourmet Disney candy-making to life, right before your very eyes.

If you’re wondering what’s next door…well, I’m glad you asked. A few additional shops will line Buena Vista Street, including Kingswell Camera Shop (sure to ‘capture’ special memories) and Julius Katz & Sons (gadgets and decor galore), as well as Atwater Ink and Paint (you’ll feel right at home).

Trolley Treats will be one sweet stop and one sweet shop! Are you tempted to try it?

Read these posts to learn more about Buena Vista Street, opening June 15 in Disney California Adventure Park:

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Karen on April 26th, 2012 at 5:16 pm

#1 – 2:14 PM PST – I’m so glad they’re doing a tribute to this Claude Coats concept!!

When I first saw this concept art, it immediately started my mouth watering and I was sad that they never produced it!

We’re looking forward to seeing the changes to DCA!!

Michelle Harker on April 28th, 2012 at 9:53 am

We’re anxious to see everything come to life as well Karen! Just a little bit longer. I’m so glad everyone is enjoying this quick sneak peek into the world of Trolley Treats.

Kyra on April 26th, 2012 at 5:58 pm

I can play the song “Big Rock Candy Mountain” on the clarinet

Casey on April 26th, 2012 at 7:17 pm

it’s something out of mister rogers neighborhood! :)

Desiree on April 26th, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I love how Disney maintains the concepts of their Imagineers and even though it may not see fruition right away (or having the same intentions) it still comes to life. Amazing!

Corey on April 27th, 2012 at 5:54 am

Michelle – Any word on if the Kingswell Camera Shop will offer the same camera battery charging service that’s available at the Main Street Supply Co. at Disneyland?

Michelle Harker on April 28th, 2012 at 9:51 am

Hey Corey! I’m not really sure, but I would assume so. I’ll try to find out this week and get back to you.

Cathi on April 27th, 2012 at 12:05 pm

You see me there!! ;D

Justin on April 27th, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I really like when Disney pays homage to its history – especially to concepts which never came to fruition! Keep it up!

Lisa on April 28th, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I am Claude’s granddaughter, and let me tell you that this post just made my day!! I remember him showing me the drawing for Candy Mountain when I was just a little girl; I never imagined that anything would ever become of it! So exciting!!

Michelle Harker on April 28th, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Hi Lisa! Just for the record, your comment, just made my day! I’m so excited that this magical creation is coming to life right before our very eyes, and can only imagine how proud and excited you must be. Thanks again!

BRIAN and KAREN from CA on May 1st, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Sweets! I’m bouncing off the walls [of the 12th Precinct :-) ]with excitement! Why I never met a sweet I didn’t like.