Disney's Hollywood Studios, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Interior

Starbucks Coming to Disney Parks

posted on April 23rd, 2012 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Today, we’re excited to officially announce plans to bring your favorite Starbucks drinks and food items to all of our theme parks at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.

In June, the first of six planned Starbucks locations is scheduled to open at Disney California Adventure park. And more locations are planned at Disneyland park and Walt Disney World Resort (Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom).

The Starbucks locations inside our parks will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Disney California Adventure park, Starbucks will be located in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café on Buena Vista Street, a place that transports guests to 1920s Los Angeles, when Walt Disney arrived in California and a cup of coffee was the perfect way to jumpstart a busy day. The store’s location plays off the Spanish/Mexican architecture of the period, and baristas will wear 1920s-inspired attire.

The café will serve Starbucks items, including coffee and espresso beverages, Frappuccino® blended beverages, and signature breakfast sandwiches and pastries. Guests also will have their choice of Disney favorites, including signature sandwiches and other items, as well as delicious desserts and sweet treats.

Let us know what you’ll be ordering in the comments.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

1 2 4

Todd on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:08 am

So excited to order my… Venti, 2-Pump Peppermint, Nonfat, 2 equal Starbucks Doubleshot at the parks. This is such great news!

Ana from TX on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:12 am

This makes me SO happy!

Alexander from FL on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:12 am

Will these locations accept the Starbucks gift card?

Thomas Smith on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:36 am

I’ll need to check on this, Alexander. But most likely yes.

Jennifer on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:13 am

Yummy! I will be ordering a caramel macchiato!

Christine from CA on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:14 am

Yay!!!! Can’t wait! Two of my favorite things together at last!

Julia from MA on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:20 am

2 questions! When will they be available in WDW? We will be there the last week of august and would love a starbucks fix! Also will you be able to use the dining plan snack credit for any of the items? Cant wait!

Adam on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:23 am

Thomas,

When you say “the first of six planned Starbucks locations is scheduled to open at Disney California Adventure park” and “more locations are planned…” does this mean six locations only at DCA and then more planned on top of that? Or six total, the first being at DCA, and “more” planned for other parks (but still capped at six?)

Is it correct to assume six total, one at each individual American park?

Trying to get my facts straight.

Thomas Smith on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:30 am

Hi Adam, great question. There will be a total of six locations with the other stores opening inside our Disney properties in California and Florida.

Matthew from AZ on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:24 am

I still like the Nescafe coffee!

Robert from FL on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:27 am

Where’s the one in Epcot going to go? That’s the most important information and it’s missing from this post.

Thomas Smith on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:32 am

Hi Robert, as soon as we have a location confirmed we’ll share here. Thanks.

Diana from NY on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:29 am

This is fantastic news! I fully supporting partnering with brands that have strong histories and commitment to excellence, and Starbucks definitely fits the bill. I’m especially pleased to hear that they all be fully themed in each theme park environment (much like the former McDs locations were).

This is a massive upgrade in coffee quality from the current offering that can be found resort-wide in WDW (I’m assuming it’s also sold in DL, although I didn’t drink much coffee while I was there).

Rachel on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:30 am

I can’t wait to enjoy a Triple Grande Skinny Mocha!

Tracey from ON on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:35 am

My husband will be so happy to hear this!

Traci on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:35 am

And the coffee gods shined down on Disneyland and Walt Disney World…. :)

Sandy from NJ on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:35 am

Will they participate in Walt Disney World’s dining/snack plan or are they a “cash only” location?

Michael on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:36 am

There’s already a Starbucks at a Disney resort. A few years ago a Starbucks opened inside Disney Village at Disneyland Paris.

Ricardo on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:37 am

For my wife: One tall, 4 pump, no water, chai tea latte.
For my two girls: 2 vanilla steamers.
For me: One trenta, unsweet, black iced tea.

Thanks!

Crystal from NC on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:38 am

So excited! A touch of heavaen on earth. FINALLY! Can we have a Fastpass enabled Starbucks? LOL We were at a different central Florida theme park with a Starbucks last summer and it was 45 minute wait for drinks after the 10 minute wait to order. Of course it was worth it for my iced grande no whip white mocha! ;)

Ashley on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:39 am

This is like angels singing! I always miss my Starbucks when we stay on resort for a week but now I’ll get my fix every morning. :) Great decision, Disney!!

Dennis on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:39 am

With so few locations, will you be implementing the Fastpass System?

Rochelle on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:43 am

Will I be able to use a Quick Service dining credit for a sandwich and drink at the Walt Disney World locations?

Thomas Smith on April 24th, 2012 at 11:14 am

Hi Rochelle, this location will accept the Disney Dining Plan.

Ricardo on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:43 am

Oh! And one more thing: The Starbucks mermaid should be joined by Ariel and Nemo (and maybe Mickey with a mask, snorkel, and fins).

Christie on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:43 am

Yes, while everyone else is planning a trip to see the new Carsland, I will be planning to see the new Starbucks locations!!!

Margaret on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:44 am

Does this mean that the existing coffee kiosks at WDW are going to be taken over by Starbucks or is Starbucks going to be opening in the park in addition to the existing kiosks?

Thomas Smith on April 24th, 2012 at 11:14 am

No. This announcement does not affect the sale of coffee elsewhere in our theme parks.

kristi on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:48 am

Will we be able to use our Starbucks cards inside these locations? (This is great news BTW!!!)

Thomas Smith on April 24th, 2012 at 11:14 am

Friend on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:49 am

Will Starbucks items be available on the Dining Plans?

Lauren on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:50 am

Does this means that the Joffrey’s coffee stands will be replaced?? I love those stands, more so those donut twists they sometimes have!!

Linda on April 23rd, 2012 at 10:58 am

Is there any chance that a WDW Starbucks location could be scheduled for an expedited opening, without waiting for the initial sales results/guest experience in Disneyland. The logic behind my request, other than to get a great cup of coffee in Disney, is that East Coast people tend to live more faced paced rush rush lives, and that is also true when touring the expanse of Disney Parks in Florida. Is there some reason why the Disneyland location was chosen for an initial opening?
Thanks,

Tammy from NJ on April 23rd, 2012 at 11:07 am

So glad to hear that Starbucks will be at my favorite place on earth! Heading to Disneyland in November and I will definately be enjoying a cafe mocha in DCA!

Sean on April 23rd, 2012 at 11:09 am

Will the Starbucks be staffed by Starbucks employees or Disney employees? If they are Disney employees, will they be trained by Starbucks?

Kerry from CO on April 23rd, 2012 at 11:10 am

I will certainly be ordering the Venti Javachip Frappaccino on the warm days of September in WDW! Looking forward to finding out when and where they will be.

Sonya on April 23rd, 2012 at 11:13 am

This is awesome news for those of us that aren’t fans of the Nescafe that’s offered all over the parks and resorts. I’ll be ordering a sugar free vanilla soy latte! :) I’m only sad they won’t be operational before my upcoming visit.

I’ll echo a previous poster that the Joffrey’s carts are great too, wondering if they will be leaving?

Richard on April 23rd, 2012 at 11:16 am

Will they include this in part of the Meal Options?

Thomas Smith on April 24th, 2012 at 11:15 am

Hi Richard, this location will accept the Disney Dining Plan.

Elizabeth on April 23rd, 2012 at 11:16 am

I’ve been saying for years Disney and SB should team up! I’m sooo excited to order my Iced Grande, non-fat, no-whip, white mocha. Woohoo, dreams do come true!

Jennifer on April 23rd, 2012 at 11:18 am

This will make early morning rope drops so much easier!!!! Please say there will be one on the Boardwalk in time for Food and Wine Festival!!!

Andrew from ON on April 23rd, 2012 at 11:18 am

Most importantly… If new coffee options are being introduced, does this mean there’s a chance of Tim Horton’s coffee FINALLY coming to the Canada Pavilion at Epcot?

Erika from OR on April 23rd, 2012 at 11:20 am

Grande fat free mocha for me! This makes me so happy, see you in August Disneyland :)

Steve on April 23rd, 2012 at 11:30 am

Ahhhhhhhh !!!! I can smell it already as I’m walking “right down the middle of Main St USA”

Edward from NY on April 23rd, 2012 at 11:32 am

Mocha. Fat-full, extra chocolate.

cheryl on April 23rd, 2012 at 11:44 am

OMG!!!!!!! WHEN I SAW THIS I GOT SO EXCITED AND AM GLAD I RENEWED MY PASS JUS THIS PAST SATURDAY. IM GONNA B ORDERING A MOCHA FARAPACINO WOO HOO

James on April 23rd, 2012 at 12:02 pm

As long as SB doesn’t start coming in the cans of “Mickey’s Really Swell Coffee” that I buy from the stores and the online store, then I’m good.

Teresa from PA on April 23rd, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Kyle on April 23rd, 2012 at 12:14 pm

I think this is a great idea. Better coffee products in the parks is a very warm welcome. I just hope the starbucks logo isn’t heavily used all around the parks. Other than that awesome news.

Kyle

Countdown To D23 Blog

Chandra from WA on April 23rd, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I AM SOOOO HAPPY!!!!!! When will the first one open in WDW? No more packing my own french press and coffee and making it in the room!! :) :) :) Can’t wait!!!

Thomas Smith on April 23rd, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Hi Chandra, still finalizing when the WDW stores will open. When we know, we’ll update here on the blog. Thanks.

Beverly from NJ on April 23rd, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Basically, this is a dream come true. My favorite place in the world will now have my favorite coffee in the world. THANK YOU!!!!! I will be ordering an Iced Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte. YUM!!!

Chandra from WA on April 23rd, 2012 at 12:21 pm

OH..And PS: We will be ordering 2 Venti americanos with room!!

David on April 23rd, 2012 at 12:25 pm

HUGE improvement!! Thanks so much

Mark on April 23rd, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Hi Tom,
EXCELLENT NEWS!!! My wife and I are very excited for this. She used to be a Starbucks Barista and has always thought it a dream to have Starbucks inside Disney properties!
One Question,
Will the Malibu Mocha Frappe still be available somewhere else in the park? It used to be available in the Baker’s Field Bakery in DCA. It is so much better than a Frappuccino.
Thanks,
Mark

Thomas Smith on April 24th, 2012 at 11:18 am

Hey Mark, I’m told no on the Malibu Mocha Frappe.

Alexes Albert from ON on April 23rd, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Reapeting the same questions everyone is asking:

John from NJ on April 23rd, 2012 at 12:30 pm

How about the WDW Resort locations? Are all the places where coffee is sold now be swapped out for Starbucks coffee?

Thomas Smith on April 24th, 2012 at 11:16 am

Hi John, this announcement does not affect the sale of coffee elsewhere in our theme parks.

Scott from FL on April 23rd, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Any chance there will be a follow up post announcing a partnership between Starbucks and Disney Cruise Line?

1 2 4