Japan Pavilion at Epcot

Start Your Day With a Power Walk at the Disneyland Resort

posted on April 2nd, 2012 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Being on vacation at the Disneyland Resort is no reason to neglect your exercise routine! Every morning, Disneyland Resort hotel guests can join a two-mile power walk through Disney California Adventure park before the park opens for guests. Guided by a Disneyland Resort guest activities cast member, the power walk is a great way to stay in shape, learn a little trivia and get a peek at this special, quiet time in the park. I recently joined the group for a walk myself – come check it out with me!

The power walk is just one of the many activities available to Disneyland Resort hotel guests. Be sure to ask about all these activities the next time you check in at either Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, the Disneyland Hotel or Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort, Hotels & Resorts

Kara from NV on April 2nd, 2012 at 6:13 pm

I had no idea this was offered!! Can’t wait to participate :) Nice Tink shirt too

Brett from CA on April 2nd, 2012 at 6:46 pm

I hadn’t heard of this either, but I wonder if I could follow along on a scooter or segway? There’s no way I could power walk!!!

Great job avoiding all the construction walls in that video, by the way. I only noticed one!

Kathryn from ON on April 2nd, 2012 at 7:06 pm

I totally did not know about this and I LOVE the idea. Loved the Neverland 5K through both parks during the Tinker Bell Half Marathon weekend. This would be a nice walking tour without the other 10 miles! I will definitely do this next time I am there.

Matthew on April 2nd, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Will this continue in Summer when Disney California Adventure is perfected and done with its upgrade?

Valeria on April 2nd, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I wish I knew about this during my stay last year.

Melissa on April 2nd, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Will be there in July for a week. Have never power walked before but will try to participate while I’m there.

Dan on April 2nd, 2012 at 7:40 pm

by any chance is this offered in walt disney world?

Sarah on April 2nd, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Is there anything like this at Walt Disney World? I usually run around Crescent Lake (since The Boardwalk is our home), but I would love something like this!

Melissa from DE on April 2nd, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Gosh, I wish you had something like this at the WDW resorts!

Diana from NY on April 2nd, 2012 at 7:44 pm

This is a very cool perk that I will definitely be taking advantage of when I visit DLR next year! I hope you’ll consider adding this to the WDW parks as well (a brisk walk around World Showcase in the morning would be an amazing way to start the day!).

Mark from RI on April 2nd, 2012 at 8:25 pm

This is awesome. I wish we had something like that in WDW. Wouldn’t a morning walk around World Showcase sound awesome?

Ray from TX on April 2nd, 2012 at 10:36 pm

That looks really fun. I wonder how much it costs and if you can take a camera. I am thinking of doing when I visit in September.

Erin Glover on April 3rd, 2012 at 11:52 am

Ray – This activity is offered at no charge to Disneyland Resort hotel guests.

Cory from AB on April 2nd, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Great idea, but I thought that a trip to the parks were already full-day power walks ^_~

Gloria on April 3rd, 2012 at 1:27 am

I like the idea of walking around before the park opens all peaceful. But I power walk all day long, gotta get those fast passes! :)

Brian from CA on April 3rd, 2012 at 3:47 am

What about AP? We live localy and I would love to do a morning power walk though DCA

Erin Glover on April 3rd, 2012 at 11:53 am

I’m sorry, Brian – this activity is available only to registered Disneyland Resort hotel guests.

Mady on April 3rd, 2012 at 10:34 am

This sounds like an awesome job! lol

Nanette from CA on April 3rd, 2012 at 2:32 pm

I will definitely do this next time I’m there! Way to go Sally!

Joan from MO on April 3rd, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Do you need an advanced reservation for this or do you just sign up upon arrival? If advance, what number do you call?
Joan

Thor from CA on April 3rd, 2012 at 4:00 pm

I applaud Disneyland for offering this service, instead of just offering news about more food to eat. I’m afraid the folks who want to do this while riding on an electric scooter don’t quite get it. If this isn’t your speed yet, practice walking in your neighborhood each day until you get up a good pace and stamina, and then go for it at Disneyland!

I also think it’s great this is just for Hotel guests; a very nice perk. Not everything has to be for APs. The Hotels deserve to keep some special magic for their own customers.

Stephanie from CA on April 3rd, 2012 at 5:28 pm

I did the power walk in October and it was a lot of fun. It’s open to hotel guests and they provide the details on the “Weekly Adventures” sheet when you check in at the Disneyland Resort Hotels. The pace is just a brisk walk so it wasn’t difficult at all. It was so fun to see what was happening behind the refurb fences. We got a great view of Buena Vista Street. Unfortunately they don’t allow cameras! I highly recommend it.

Nancy on April 3rd, 2012 at 8:16 pm

The power walk is great–I did it twice during my February stay at the Grand Californian. It is indeed a brisk walk with no pauses, but easy enough to keep up with if you are in good shape. As Stephanie said, no cameras allowed as the park isn’t open and workers are still busy on repairs and prep work.

It can be a mini backstage tour.. The leader will volunteer some tidbits, but will expand on these if you ask questions and keep the conversation going. I’m planning on doing this every morning I can on my next DL visit–grab coffee, power walk, then breakfast at Whitewater Snacks.

Natalie from CA on April 6th, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Awesome. Every time we go to D-Land we do our walk around the park first for exercise and we walk the path to and from the parking structure every time. So glad you added this option that is really cool.

Kirsten from TX on April 23rd, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Ooh, I’m going to have to do this! Do you know if guests are
allowed to bring their cameras to shoot a few non-crowded park shots?