Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Park

Your Pixar Pals Are Getting Ready to Come Out and Play at Disney California Adventure Park This Summer

posted on April 13th, 2012 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

After taking a break for the past year to accommodate the Disney California Adventure park expansion, all your favorite Pixar pals are getting ready to bring the party back to the streets with the return of the Pixar Play Parade.

The Pixar Play Parade brings to life the worlds of some of the most popular Disney●Pixar films, from “Toy Story” and “Cars” to “Finding Nemo” and “Monsters, Inc.” Along the way, the infectious soundtrack and energetic spirit of the performers get everyone into the fun of the show.

And when the Pixar Play Parade starts rolling again on June 15, fans of the procession will notice a few updates. “The biggest change that fans will see is that we reconfigured the Omnidroid float in ‘The Incredibles’ unit,” says Show Director Robin Trowbridge. “Jack Jack is now repositioned, and we are introducing Violet to the parade for the first time. It’s really cool!”

More people than ever will be able to “join in the party,” too, as the parade is presented up to twice daily along the new, longer Disney California Adventure park parade route, winding from the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror in Hollywood Pictures Backlot all the way to Silly Symphony Swings on Paradise Pier.

To prepare for the return of the Pixar Play Parade, “Pixar Pals! Monster Mayhem” and “Pixar Pals! The Incredibles: Heroes in Training” will come to a close April 29. “Our Pixar Pals have done a great job keeping guests entertained during the construction effort in the park,” said Robin. “Now, we’re excited to bring back the full parade, better than ever!”

Here’s a look at what went into the creation of the Pixar Play Parade, back when it was first introduced in 2008.

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Fred from CA on April 13th, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Awesome! I’ve really missed this parade!

I’m glad that there will be a few updates, and I’m really excited about the new parade route.

Shawn, I have a question, I’m sure that it will be fine, but after looking at recent construction photos of the Red Car Trolly “wires” being installed, I was wondering; will the wires in Hollywood area get in the way of the parade? By that I mean, will each of the floats still have enough clearance? Like for the Toy Story acrobats for example?

Shawn Slater on April 13th, 2012 at 8:43 pm

No worries, Fred. Some of the updates we’re making to the floats are designed to accommodate various changes in the park, like those cool overhead cables which are adding such a great period detail to that area.

Alexandra on April 13th, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Buena vista street, cars land, and now the Pixar play parade coming on the same day. On June 15 DCA will be the place to be.

Shawn Slater on April 13th, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Disney California Adventure is going to be “the place to be” after June 15, too! Most of what we’re opening that day will be around for a long time to come. It’s a really great park, getting better by the day!

Alex on April 13th, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Is there any chance of maybe adding in elements and characters from the newer Pixar films like WALL-E, UP, and BRAVE to the parade?

Shawn Slater on April 13th, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Alex, there aren’t currently plans to add any of those characters to the parade, but you can see Dug and Russell from “Up” over at the park’s Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. As for “Brave,” the heroine of that film, Merida, will begin making appearances over at Disneyland Park in May.

Blake on April 13th, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Visiting for the first time in July and already super excited, this will make the trip even more anticipatory!

Lucia on April 13th, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Will they come to Disney World too?

Shawn Slater on April 13th, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Actually, Lucia, you can already see the Pixar Pals and many of your favorite Pixar characters in the Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun! Parade at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Brian on April 13th, 2012 at 8:21 pm

By Hollywood Pictures Backlot, don’t you mean Hollywood Land? ;) We’re talking post-June-15th here, after all! Excited to see this parade!

Mary Beth from MA on April 13th, 2012 at 8:24 pm

I wish this parade will come to Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World. They need a really good parade. I loved the car parade. The patade they have now is not at all exciting.

Donna on April 13th, 2012 at 8:24 pm

It would be nice to see this parade at Disney World too. Any chance it will be coming to Florida?

Fred from CA on April 13th, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Thanks for the response Shawn. :)

I can’t wait to see the parade again!

And yes, those cables they are installing do add a lot great period detail.

Becky on April 14th, 2012 at 3:12 am

Will this new parade run year-round? I am a big fan of the Pixar films and am really looking forward to seeing this. Thanks!

Dennis on April 14th, 2012 at 5:53 am

Will the Ratatouille float come back, that’s the best one there if now,
why?

Nico on April 14th, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I sure will miss the Ratatouille Float. It was the most high energy fun float in the whole parade, in my opinion. It is also one of the most under-appreciated Pixar films inside the parks.

Fred from CA on April 14th, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Everyone, the Ratatouille float has NOT been retired. However, from what I understand, it is only used during the summer.

Nico on April 15th, 2012 at 3:07 am

With the height and restrictions with the Red Car cables. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was completely gone now. The Ratatouille float was the tallest and it would take a lot of work to re-design and make the float work through Hollywood Land.

Fred from CA on April 15th, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Nico– Good point.

I guess what I meant was, “previously” the float was only used during the summer. But now…with all of the park’s changes it may not work anymore. I guess we’ll just have to see…

Sandra on April 15th, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Great news. I absolutely love this parade. Shawn, will the water interaction still be part of the parade? It would be a great relief in what I think will be another warm California summer

Erick on April 20th, 2012 at 1:59 pm

For the Incredibles unit, I know that Violet is going to be in this unit and I know that she has her brother that we know of who is very fast! What is Violet without her brother, Dash? Do you think that Dash will be included in the float?