Sunset Over the Tree of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Disneyland Resort Ticket Price Update

posted on May 18th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Park

As we have done in the past, we wanted to give our loyal Disney Parks Blog readers a heads-up that ticket prices at the Disneyland Resort will be increasing, starting on May 20. This summer is one of the most anticipated times in the resort’s history, and a visit to the Disneyland Resort has never been a better value. In the past few years alone, we’ve added new world-class attractions, such as The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, “World of Color” and Star Tours: The Adventures Continue. Now, with the expansion of Disney California Adventure park, including the 12-acre Cars Land, Buena Vista Street and the Carthay Circle Restaurant, almost complete, there are even more reasons to visit.

And this summer, both parks will open each day at 8 a.m. and offer increased entertainment, giving you and your family more time to stay and play. At Disney California Adventure park, we’re adding an additional showing of “Aladdin – a Musical Spectacular” and Pixar Play Parade will be presented up to twice daily. At Disneyland park, you’ll find more shows and characters at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree and increased performances at the Tomorrowland Terrace every day of the week, and the singing sensation “Voices of Liberty” performing at the Main Street Opera House.

We’re sharing the details here on the ticket prices, which also include increases to Disneyland Resort Annual Passports. Annual Passholders recognize that their investment pays for itself after just a few visits. Our California-based Annual Passholders have the added benefit and flexibility of a monthly payment program. This year, we’ll continue to offer unique passholder-exclusive entertainment and experiences, along with 10-20% discounts on select food and merchandise. As an example, you already know that Annual Passholders were invited to special viewings to celebrate the 20th anniversary of “Fantasmic!” And later this summer, Passholders also will have early access to the parks through a new Annual Passholder Early Entry program – just for them. Details on this program were announced earlier this week here.

There are other ways to save when you visit. The popular 1-Day Park Hopper Ticket gives guests access to both parks on the same day, or if you are planning on playing with us longer, multi-day tickets also offer a variety of options for you to save on your California vacation. All updated pricing can be found here. The information will also be available at http://disneyland.disney.go.com/tickets on May 20.

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Marissa on May 19th, 2012 at 11:46 pm

So I just read through all your great comments, and I am surmising that I can renew my daughter’s pass that expires in June, but not my son’s or ours which renew on July 7 and December. BUT if I want to secure the lower pricing, I can go to a grocery store before they close and purchase the three passes (without the monthly payment option) before they close TONIGHT. Does that sound accurate??

Eva on May 20th, 2012 at 2:40 am

I just renewed my premium pass, only because I thoughy those prices would go up tomorrow to. At least I have one more year at my current price.

Keola on May 20th, 2012 at 7:53 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HEADS UP!!!

We planned our trip to Disneyland this year for the week after Thanksgiving and it would have hurt the pocket way more if I had not seen this. We purchased annual passes, even though we live in Hawaii, because we expect to be there for 9+ days. $43 a day for hopper privileges and AP discounts is AMAZING! I appreciate the blog more than I can express!

Thanks again!

Aloha,

Keola

Nancy from NM on May 20th, 2012 at 9:18 am

I know you are getting alot of grief from this, but wanted to say that I don’t think it is that big of a deal considering that with the complettion of DCA and extended hours there, plus a whole new land, this increase is justified. No complaints from me.

Shelby on May 20th, 2012 at 11:55 am

So sad that they did away with the 6-day park hopper pass. I will be traveling with two you kids and thought the flexibility of the 6-day pass would allow us to get the max out of our vacation while not feeling rushed and able to take a day break in-between. Hope it comes back when I decide to buy my tickets this fall.

Corene from BC on May 20th, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Thanks very much for the heads up Erin & Disney Parks Blog! I’ve been thinking about getting a premium AP for a while now & this made me act! I bought it Saturday at $499, and while I live in Canada, I’m hoping that I can make it worth while. We definitely have one trip planned for next year & I’m hoping to sneak in a couple of extra jaunts in the year of my pass to make it worth while. I sure understand that people are unhappy about such a big jump in AP prices, especially if you’ve had one for years, but I was just pleased to get in under the wire to try it out. I doubt that it’ll be worth it for me to renew this one at the end of my year, given that I don’t live locally and the price will be at least 30% higher, but I’m willing to try it out at the $500 price point. Guess I’ll just have to make the most of my one year as an AP holder! Thanks again for the heads up – it meant the difference between me getting a pass or not, as I definitely would not have bought one at $649! Cheers!

Kenneth from CA on May 20th, 2012 at 2:21 pm

I just checked the Disneyland resort annual pass page and it appears nothing has really changed. As a premier pass holder we still get parking included in the pass as well as up 20% discounts on all merchandise. My Question is, With the large increase in the cost of a premium pass will we get early morning entry year round? It would be nice to at least have that luxury. Can you give us some insight as to why the price went up so much. Thanks in advance.

Elsa on May 20th, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I bought a premium annual pass yesterday before the prices went up but I still haven’t received any email on this. Shouldn’t I have gotten an email within minutes after the purchase?

ricardo on May 20th, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Kimberly,
Where, specifically, do I find the “ap voucher” online?
Thanks for the info.

Amber on May 20th, 2012 at 5:19 pm

My bf was able to renew his AP last night which didn’t expire until September of this year so it now is good through September of 2013! Am so glad they were able to do this!

Bryan from NV on May 20th, 2012 at 7:17 pm

With the said price increase what about Flying Tires still needing lots of work still? That makes a possibility of one less key component.

Sereina on May 21st, 2012 at 11:12 am

I looks like you can still book a package and get the 6-day park hopper ticket. Will that be staying that way?

Andrea from CA on May 21st, 2012 at 11:47 am

I haven’t had an annual pass in just over two years, and was considering purchasing one in September. Unfortunately, with this price increase I don’t see myself ever purchasing an annual pass again. After a two year break from the parks we have a weekend trip planned this summer, which we will still enjoy, but after that it will be another three or four before we go back, and only for a weekend at that. Which is too bad because I’m a big shopper and love souvenirs and all of the wonderful Disneyland. But it’s too expensive to get into the park to have the opportunity to purchase souvenirs!

Shanna from OR on May 21st, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Please can someone tell me, my pass does not expire until December and I had been planning on upgrading to the Premier Pass, but that cannot be done anywhere other than at a ticket office. I live in Oregon so I had no chance whatsoever to do so early. Will I now receive the price I originally paid for my DL Deluxe passport now IF I upgrade (no longer when, this was a huge jump in price) or will I receive the new price to put towards the premier?

Richard on May 21st, 2012 at 2:50 pm

A regular price increase makes sense to me. Once a year also makes sense, but his is sooner than 1 full year. It it is a lot.
That’s almost 35% on the So Cal select.
This is nearly double the percent increase from last year.

I do think DLR owes a bit more of an explanation on such a dramatic price increase.

Margo from NV on May 21st, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Hi Erin – a quick question. Since you have to be at one of the parks (either WDW or Disneyland/DCA) to renew the Premiere Annual Passport, are current Premiere passholders given any grace period to renew their AP’s since it can’t be done online? Ours expire on 07-16-12 and we are coming down for the Carsland AP event as well as Memorial Day weekend and would like to renew them at that time if we can get them at the lower price. Would also like to see a few more perks for AP’s – like early morning entrance. Thanks!

Patt on May 21st, 2012 at 6:19 pm

I have a Premier Annual Pass but I never received an invitation (or any information) on Fantasmic. How was this invitation sent and why was I excluded?

Jackie on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Is the blockout tickets getting an increase on prices too?

Irene from CA on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I purchased a Premium Pass card at the grocery store yesterday for $499. This card has an expiration date of Dec. 31 therefore I expect that when I activate the card before Dec. 31, that price will be honored. It all has to do with the expiration date and I sure don’t want any surprises when I arrive at the ticket booth. Confirm please?

Jeffrey from CA on May 22nd, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I guess it’s just that time again.
But it makes me sad that people are complaining and asking “what am I going to get extra since I’m paying extra.” Prices go up. That’s how we roll :P.

Sure I don’t want to pay more, but will I pay more? Of course I will. Why? Because it’s DISNEY, and with Disney, I know I’ll get my money’s worth :).

So to all you Disney people, thank you for your dedication :).
You get what you pay for, and with Disney, you always get a little bit more ;).

William on May 23rd, 2012 at 11:59 am

Well said Jeffrey from CA…I couldn’t agree more.

Do the price increases sting a little? Yes they do…(especially for a family of five!)

But where else can you experience all the amazing things the Disney Parks have to offer? And where else can you relive childhood memories over and over as well as create new ones after each visit?

Disney Theme Parks are not inexpensive…but they allow you to remain a kid forever, and that’s priceless!!

christopher on May 23rd, 2012 at 2:06 pm

hey just a heads up for everyone. If you have a pass that expires on july 1 or sooner than you can still get the cheaper prices for monthly payments. i was able to renew my pass last night at the fantasmic event.

MARY on May 30th, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I purchased 5 DELUXE Passes for my family the grocery store today for $379 ea. really wanted the premium but didn’t have any. being so happy of my long waited purchase, my co-worker just inform me that prices increase last week. This card has an expiration date of Dec. 31 therefore I expect that when I activate the card before Dec. 31, that price will be honored. Stores should not have permission to sell if otherwise. Please confirm?