Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Every Role a Starring Role – Disneyland Resort Stage Technician

posted on May 31st, 2012 by Kevin Rafferty, Jr., Communications Specialist, Disneyland Resort

Disneyland Resort stage technicians have been bringing “Fantasmic!” to life for 20 years. As we celebrate the milestone anniversary this month, join stage technician James Adling for a peek inside the iconic show – and Mickey’s imagination!

For more Every Role a Starring Role, check out these posts:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Cast Member Profiles, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Nathan from OK on May 31st, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I always wanted to be a stage tech at Disneyland.

Bridget on May 31st, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Awesome!! So YOU’RE the team who is responsible for giving me goose bumps when colorful lights dance, fire blazes, water reaches for the sky, beloved characters appear, and magical fireworks turn night into day! °o° I love Every Role a Starring Role!

Jeffrey from CA on May 31st, 2012 at 1:21 pm

THANK you for posting my DREAM JOB :).

LOVE what you do. Wish I could do it too :).
Hope to work with you soon!

melanie on May 31st, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I love Fantasmic! I would love to shadow this job or something one day..

Petra from Bavaria on May 31st, 2012 at 3:32 pm

These technicians are really doing a great job.
After seeing “fantasmic” 2 times in WDW, this April I had the chance to see the show in California for the first time. In Florida there is a special theatre for the show, but in Disneyland the show had to fit in the existing Tom Sawyer Island. That must have been more difficult to realize. I was very impressed by the technical possibilities and surprised, i. e. the way sailing ship Columbia became part of the show.
Thank you for a great show with my beloved Mickey !

Andrew on May 31st, 2012 at 5:49 pm

This has been my dream job since the first time I saw Fantasmic! in 1992. Thanks for the extra bits of backstage video, too!

Monica on May 31st, 2012 at 6:52 pm

I love Fantasmic! I saw it yesterday at my GradNite at the private showing. While my friends were running from ride to ride, I sat and enjoyed the amazing show. No matter how many times I watch it, I never get bored. Thanks you for doing such an amazing job :D I hope to be a part of the Disney magic soon!

Toffer on May 31st, 2012 at 11:11 pm

LIFE LONG DREAM ROLE!!! I’ve been studying since I was 11 years old to hopefully have a role like yours James, congratulations on being part of such a spectacular show!

Charla on June 1st, 2012 at 11:48 am

James – you and your team are the unsung heroes of Disneyland. Thank you so much for what you do to make our experience truly magical. You guys are awesome!

Samantha on June 1st, 2012 at 3:52 pm

WOW! Thank you so much James and your wonderful team! Those jobs are hard work and it is well worth it to put on such a wonderful show!

Erik on June 21st, 2012 at 9:36 pm