King Arthur Carrousel

First Look: Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on May 31st, 2012 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop at Disney California Adventure Park

Last week, we told you about the unveiling of Carthay Circle Theatre and the fountain in Carthay Circle. And today, just around the corner, the new Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop has emerged in the Pacific Wharf area at Disney California Adventure park. In these photos by Paul Hiffmeyer, you can see the new location – but you’ll have to wait until the shop opens on June 7 to taste the delicious chocolates and sundaes that will be served here!

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop at Disney California Adventure Park Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop at Disney California Adventure Park Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop at Disney California Adventure Park

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and follow @Disneyland on Twitter for the latest on the expansion of Disney California Adventure park! While you’re on Twitter, join in the conversation by using the hashtags #CarsLand, #BuenaVistaStreet, #MadTParty and #JustGotHappier.

Read these posts for more of the latest news from Disney California Adventure park:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disney Dining, Disneyland Resort

Fred from CA on May 31st, 2012 at 6:03 pm

It looks great!

Lyndie from UT on May 31st, 2012 at 6:08 pm

How many does it seat?

Martin on May 31st, 2012 at 6:36 pm

This is another great addition to the park! The sourdough bread bowl tour next door I believe is often overlooked by people just going from ride to ride, but very funny and interesting and also something to do to get out of the heat for fifteen minutes.

Gabrielle on May 31st, 2012 at 10:27 pm

is there a menu yet?

Christina on May 31st, 2012 at 10:38 pm

I was just there today and a CM in front of the shop told me it would be opening to the public tomorrow. We were going to go back to check it out. Was he wrong?

Christopher from CA on June 1st, 2012 at 1:40 am

Yummy….why does everything have to open right around my birthday? LOL

I still want to know when Earl of Sandwich will be opening though.

Danielle from FL on June 1st, 2012 at 8:51 am

Thank goodness, finally something that opens before June 15th so my family and I can at least have a touch of something new during our trip next week. This is sweet news…..get it? Sweet? LOL, corny I know…… oh wait that’s a pun too since the former tortilla factory served fresh corn tortillas…. ok I am done now.

Robert from CA on June 1st, 2012 at 9:58 am

Ghirardelli is some of the best chocolate from the USA, I can’t wait for this to open. Although Mission is my fave tortillas, I think this change is a great addition to the park! It would be nice if they had a birthday treat as well! ;-)

Chris on June 1st, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Any chance that second floor balcony is actually going to be functional?

Think of the views of Cars Land from there…

Lynnette on June 2nd, 2012 at 4:03 pm

My son and I were at California Adventure last night and were thrilled to see Ghirardelli’s OPEN and serving delicious treats. We were given samples of chocolate caramel squares as we entered and had a hard time deciding what to order from that fabulous menu!! Our order was taken quickly and we had our treats in hand in less than 5 minutes (and yes they did give annual passholder discount). Fantastic first experience and I am looking forward to trying something new with each visit. Great addition to the park!

mark on June 2nd, 2012 at 4:43 pm

It’s open now! Went today, and it was delicious. Don’t know how long it’s going to last, but Cast Members are handing out chocolate squares at the door (you don’t even have to buy anything). :)