Disney's Hollywood Studios, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Interior

Imagineers Share How ‘Beauty & The Beast’ Inspired Elements of the Be Our Guest Restaurant at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on May 3rd, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

In our last blog post on the Be Our Guest Restaurant, many of you asked if the ballroom-themed dining room will feature the immense chandeliers that added so much romance to the dancing scene in the film.

We took the question to Walt Disney Imagineering, and their answer was a resounding – of course! In fact, they sent this sneak peek to share with you.

Here, Imagineers Chris Kelly and Tim Warzecha discuss the three chandeliers they recently installed. The largest measures more than 12 feet tall by 11 ½ feet wide, features 84 candles and more than 100 large crystals.

By the way, the ballroom is just one of the wings the Be Our Guest Restaurant will feature. We can’t give all the info away yet, but another wing of the restaurant will be themed after the darkened West Wing of Beast’s Castle.

Which dining room would you choose?

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Disney Dining, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Joanna on May 3rd, 2012 at 10:36 am

Wow…12 feet…I can’t wait to see it in person!

Linda on May 3rd, 2012 at 10:55 am

Beauty and the Beast was my favorite movie growing up, and still is my favorite Disney movie! My birthday is November 18th and we’re going to WDW for that week, and it would absolutely be the best birthday ever if the restaurant is open then and I get to eat in it!!!

David on May 3rd, 2012 at 11:17 am

I’m guessing that one of the rooms will be Belle’s library…I mean, c’mon, it’s a key room in the castle for Beast to prove his love and devotion to Belle! The library must be in the restaurant somewhere!! (at least I hope it is!!)

Daniel on May 3rd, 2012 at 12:01 pm

As amazing as the Ballroom dining room in Be Our Guest looks, I can’t wait to getting some details on the West Wing side of the restaurant. I can only imagine how awesome it’s going to be.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 7th, 2012 at 10:11 am

I hope to have something to share on that soon.

Lauren on May 3rd, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Wow, the restaurant looks like it will really be spectacular when it’s finished. I can’t wait to eat there.

I am most excited about the Under the Sea~Journey of the Little Mermaid attraction. Jennifer, do you think you could get us an update on the progress of that attraction. I’m just so anxious to hear anything about this ride as I am a HUGE Little Mermaid fan. Thanks.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 3rd, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Sounds good to me. I’ll look into it.

Jennifer from MN on May 3rd, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I’m crossing my fingers that I’ll be able to dine at Be Our Guest on my birthday December 1! I think any of the wings would be amazing, but I would probably be partial to the ballroom.

Amy on May 3rd, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Holy Moly. I gotta start planning a trip to WDW :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 3rd, 2012 at 4:57 pm

meaghan from MO on May 3rd, 2012 at 6:13 pm

I keep checking every day to see when it opens hoping it will be open for our trip in October!!

Melinda from OR on May 3rd, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I’ll be there from Dec 13th – 20th. I hope “holiday season” includes my dates! We’d love to have dinner there when we attend Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.

Sean on May 3rd, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Wow this place is amazingly beautiful. I can’t wait to eat here when it opens!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 7th, 2012 at 10:11 am

Me, too!

Rachel on May 3rd, 2012 at 11:29 pm

This shows why Disney is the best!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 8th, 2012 at 11:31 am

Well, thanks!

Nicole on May 4th, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Any chance that there’s an update on when this is opening??

Lauren on May 4th, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Oh my gosh. I am so excited for this! I can’t wait to hear all of the rest of the details… like the MENU… about this amazing restaurant! Thanks for the update :)

Kathy from ME on May 4th, 2012 at 5:52 pm

We are coming down for Thanksgiving and my daughter was in a production of Beauty & The Beast. All she wants is to have dinner here. I hope it will be open for her to see.

David from SC on May 4th, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Sence there is going to be a need for a chandelier cleaner I would like to throw my name in the hat for the position…If the pay is right.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 8th, 2012 at 11:31 am

Ha!

Michele on May 4th, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Any idea when the restaurant will open yet and when they will start taking reservations?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 7th, 2012 at 10:10 am

I’ll share the date as soon as I have it – promise!

Brianne on May 4th, 2012 at 10:08 pm

MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE!

Nicole on May 5th, 2012 at 12:58 am

I am so amazed by how the New Fantasyland project is coming along! I can’t wait to see it in person, especially after spending a whole semester writing about it for my Public Relations course. I’m hoping some day I’ll be able to use those pieces when I apply for my dream job as a PR representative for Walt Disney World. =) Keep up the great work Jennifer!

And to all of the Imagineers working on this project, thank you so much for your dedication. You make the magic happen.

louise from NB on May 7th, 2012 at 11:48 am

Every trip i get a teary eyed moment, this will be the one for 2013

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 8th, 2012 at 11:30 am

That’s so nice, Louise!

Traci on May 9th, 2012 at 12:58 pm

We cannot wait to see this! Our vacation is planned for January 2013, so the new expansion should be fully up and running. It’s so hard to wait to go back to Disney, but knowing this is in the works makes it easier. Now we just need to wait for the ADR dates to open up! Thanks for the update. You put another Disney smile on my face!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 12th, 2012 at 8:10 am

That’s great to hear, thanks Tracy!

Janelle from Chiba-ken on May 9th, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Lucky there are no earthquakes at WDW! I cannot wait to try here when we are back at WDW in FEB 2013!!

Pat on May 10th, 2012 at 10:29 am

We’re going the first week of December. have they given ANY notion of when this will be open? This is mine and my wife’s FAVORITE movie…

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 12th, 2012 at 8:10 am

You’ll have a lot to look forward too, not just the restaurant. The castle, Gaston’s tavern and Enchanted Tales With Belle are all themed around this movie. :)

Mary from OH on May 10th, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Previously I had read that restaurant was expected to open in October, but reservations not being taken ’til August. Today, as other sites have re-posted this update, they are saying it will be open for the holidays. It looks pretty far along. What is the anticipated date? Do we know cuisine? I assumed French.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 12th, 2012 at 8:09 am

I hope to have an update on the menu soon. I keep asking!

Alberto from ON on May 11th, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Can’t wait to see this and the little mermaid ride open. My little girls are hoping they can see it on our trip at the end of October. Please let us know ASAP the opening date :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 12th, 2012 at 8:08 am

I promise! I know how many people are looking forward to this.

cyndi on May 16th, 2012 at 9:22 am

I was going to book at trip for my daughter’s fall break BUT now I’m hesitant as I know she wouldn’t want to miss this. I will keep stalking for an opening date.

Ruth from MA on May 31st, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I’ll be in Disney from dec 10-14. I hope I can eat there. That would be awesome.