Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Lightning McQueen and Mater Come Home to Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on May 23rd, 2012 by Paul Hiffmeyer, Chief Photographer for Public Relations, Disneyland Resort

If you were photographing two of the most famous residents of Radiator Springs, what location in Cars Land would you choose? What if you didn’t have to choose only one?

For the next few days, I’ll be sharing new photos of Lightning McQueen and Mater inside Cars Land – assuming I can keep up on foot.

“Lightning

These two seemed to know their way around, so I followed them right to the center of it all, on Route 66. This sure looks familiar, doesn’t it?

Remember, you’ll be able to meet them in person at the Cozy Cone Motel beginning June 15. Until then, check back here for more photos of these two pals inside Cars Land.

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and follow @Disneyland on Twitter for the latest on the expansion of Disney California Adventure park. While you’re on Twitter, join in the conversation by using the hashtags #CarsLand, #BuenaVistaStreet, #MadTParty and #JustGotHappier.

Read more about Cars Land in the posts below:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

5 Comments 1 Reply

Kevin on May 23rd, 2012 at 5:08 pm

if that doesn’t get your engines revved up I don’t know what will!

Fred from CA on May 23rd, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Awesome! Radiator Springs is no longer only in a movie, its real!

Since you asked, it would be pretty cool to photograph them in front of Flo’s V8 Cafe. :)

Paul Hiffmeyer on May 23rd, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I think so too, Fred. Keep checking back. I have a feeling we’ll get to Flo’s.

Danielle from FL on May 23rd, 2012 at 5:35 pm

I cannot recall another instance of an animated movie being recreated in “real life” so perfectly. I cannot wait and am praying to the theme park gods that there will be a soft opening when we are there in two weeks. I adore the fact that the yellow blinking traffic light is in this picture.

Eric from MI on May 24th, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Great pic! I too love the traffic light and all the other details that make the land so believable. I just hope “every third blink is slower” on the traffic light!!

David on May 24th, 2012 at 4:40 pm

I’ll tell you what buddy, it don’t get much better’n that!