Sunset Over the Tree of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Meeting Merida at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on May 21st, 2012 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

Merida, the adventurous heroine from Disney•Pixar’s upcoming feature film, “Brave,” has begun making special appearances at Fairytale Garden in Magic Kingdom Park. In this setting, young guests are invited to engage in archery practice and other activities, in addition to meeting Merida and mischievous bear cubs from the film. Take a look.

My little boys can hardly wait to see “Brave,” and they’re definitely going to want to meet Merida. They’re excited to try out the bows and arrows, and they’ve already fallen for the bear cubs, after just glimpsing them in trailers for the movie.

For guests at Disneyland park, Merida’s bringing some of this Scottish fun to you too, in an area across from “it’s a small world,” and everyone will discover more about Merida’s epic story when “Brave” opens in theaters June 22.

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

10 Comments 1 Reply

Christine on May 21st, 2012 at 10:53 am

SO excited to meet Merida on our honeymoon this July!! Brave looks amazing and I’m sure I will be at the movie theater opening day to get a glimpse of our new heroine!

Jessica on May 21st, 2012 at 10:55 am

This movie can’t come out soon enough! Hurry up and let it be June 22nd!!!

Chris on May 21st, 2012 at 11:05 am

Hey Shawn, will Merida be in WDW in July? I’ll be there from the 14th-22nd and I’m looking forward to meeting her.

Shawn Slater on May 21st, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Chris, I can tell you Merida is expected to continue greeting Guests at least through the summer, so you’ll definitely have a chance to see her during your July visit.

Mitchell from IL on May 21st, 2012 at 6:19 pm

I certainly hope she is around at Thanksgiving time when my wife and I visit. That would definately be a good day to wear my kilt and get a great photo with Merida!

Kyra on May 21st, 2012 at 7:25 pm

I can’t wait to see the movie! My family has a tradition of seeing all the Pixar movies in theaters.

Lisa on May 21st, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Does this mean Rapunzel will no longer be in this location? If not, where will she be?

Moira from Ayrshire on May 22nd, 2012 at 7:23 am

As a very proud Scot, I can’t wait to see my two loves come together – my country and Disney! Looking forward to meeting Merida at WDW this year. And yes, I do have long, curly, red hair, just like Merida – very stereotypical of me. :)

Allie on May 22nd, 2012 at 11:23 am

I am so excited about this! I can’t wait for Brave to come out; it looks like it’s going to be a new favorite!

This sounds so fun; I would love to meet Merida! Our next trip to WDW is in October 2012… do you think she’ll still be there?

And Lisa: I asked the same thing on an earlier thread. Rapunzel’s moving to a spot on Main Street.

Daria from CA on May 22nd, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Awww, this looks so charming! I sure wish that my niece and nephew had been able to “meet” Princess Dejah Thoris and Captain John Carter from your terrific “John Carter Of Mars” film when we went to Disneyland back in March and April. Maybe now that the DVD is coming out on June 5, they too will be added for fans to meet at the parks. That would be wonderful and I know lots of folks would enjoy it!

Isela on May 29th, 2012 at 1:16 am

I will be there in Dec and would like to know the same thing. Will she be around during that a a time or just for the summer.