Spaceship Earth at Epcot

Reservations Open Today for Carthay Circle Restaurant at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on May 10th, 2012 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

The exciting new Carthay Circle Restaurant opens Friday, June 15, at Disney California Adventure park, with reservations open beginning today.

Recalling the grandeur of the original Carthay Circle Theatre in Los Angeles, where “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” premiered in 1937, the Spanish Colonia Revival-style restaurant is a warm setting to showcase contemporary Southern California cuisine – seasonal, artisanal ingredients; locally sourced produce, seafood and meats; hand-crafted cocktails, and California craft beers and wines.

Award-winning Executive Chef Andrew Sutton of Napa Rose brings his second concept to the Disneyland Resort, this time focusing on seasonal products and the diverse flavors found in Southern California. His protégé, Gloria Tae, also from Napa Rose, will be at the helm of the kitchen, while Chef Andrew will split his time as executive chef between Napa Rose and Carthay Circle Restaurant. “The culinary team is a group of true artists with passion and confidence for creating delicious food,” says Sutton.

Crispy Firecracker Duck Wings Finished with Soy, Lime and Sriracha Chili Sauce at Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disney California Adventure Park Angus Flank Steak Cobb salad with Mine Shaft Blue Cheese, Bacon, Avocado and Arugula with Cabernet Essence at Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disney California Adventure Park

Southern California’s cultural diversity is the foundation for the global flavors. For lunch, there are delectable tastes such as crispy firecracker duck wings finished with soy, lime and Sriracha chili sauce; sautéed northern halibut with roasted red bell pepper, caperberry and orange relish; and Angus flank steak cobb salad with Mine Shaft Blue Cheese, bacon, avocado and arugula with Cabernet essence.
Grilled Jamaican Jerked Kingfish with a Tropical Salsa of Pineapple, Mango, Black Beans and Lime at Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disney California Adventure Park

The dinner menu showcases entrées like Colorado rack of lamb with fried zucchini blossoms, fennel puree and summer succotash; grilled Jamaican jerked kingfish with a tropical salsa of pineapple, mango, black beans and lime; and strawberry-lemon roasted organic chicken salad with jicama, haricot verts, upland cress (greens) and buttermilk-lemon vinaigrette.
Fried Banana Split Monte Cristo Sundae at Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disney California Adventure Park

You’ll want to save room for seasonal desserts, including toasted lemon pound cake with fresh marinated blueberries, lemon curd cream and Tahitian vanilla chantilly, and “Peaches In All Their Glory” with peach and white chocolate cannolis with fresh grilled peaches and peach sorbet. (But we think the best-seller just might be the fried banana split Monte Cristo sundae with raspberry and chocolate fudge ice creams, toffee nuts and warm caramel rum bananas.)

The 256-seat restaurant (200 inside, 56 on a terrace) on the second floor of the building is open daily for lunch and dinner. Diners at Carthay Circle Restaurant can also enjoy reserved center stage viewing at the World of Color nighttime spectacular. To request reservations, call 714-781-DINE, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., or email reservation requests to dine@disneyland.com.

Check out these posts for more news about dining at the Disneyland Resort:

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disney Dining, Disneyland Resort

Eireen on May 10th, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I’m excited to go! Made my reservations already. Do you recommend lunch or dinner?

Pam Brandon on May 10th, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Both have delicious menus; lunch has some delish sandwiches (like a Korean pulled pork), while dinner has more substantial options (though the amazing Angus burger is on both lunch and dinner menus).

Evangelina from CA on May 10th, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Request sent!
Do you know when an actual menu will be available online?

Pam Brandon on May 10th, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Full menus and pricing are forthcoming. Check back on the Disney Parks Blog for updates!

Alex on May 10th, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Do we know the prices of the menu? Is it equivalent to Napa Rose or Blue Bayou?

Michelle on May 10th, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Just made my reservation for June 15th… I can’t wait to finally experience the grandeur and elegance of the restaurant’s setting and food! And I can’t wait to try that extremely delicious looking banana split Monte Cristo sundae. Nom!

DONNA on May 10th, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Just made our July 7th reservations at Carthay Circle Restaurant to celebrate our son’s 21st birthday. There could not be a more perfect venue for this celebration!

Michelle on May 10th, 2012 at 2:21 pm

@Alex:
When I made my reservation I asked for price ranges and they said $30 and up

Josh from UT on May 10th, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Man, that looks great. Probably out of my price range, though. Maybe I’ll make a reservation just for dessert.

Carrie from CA on May 10th, 2012 at 3:08 pm

It should be noted that in order to get reserved World of Color viewing, you are required to buy 1 entree + 1 appetizer or 1 dessert per person—no entree-sharing is allowed. Also, although the terrace was originally pitched as a place from which to view Disneyland’s fireworks, the last seating is 90 minutes before the fireworks start, and the restaurant officially closes 30 minutes before the show. The point may be moot if the sight lines are not as good as originally thought.

Diana on May 10th, 2012 at 3:16 pm

A Dining reservation CM said that if you do WOC dining at the Carthay Circle you would have to ask the server for the WOC preferred viewing pass after the dinner, and that there was no guarantee there would be any WOC preferred fastpasses left – that they might run out. In addition, the CM said that lunch and dinner would give you the same WOC pass.

Is all of this true?

Pam Brandon on May 10th, 2012 at 5:55 pm

If you dine between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m., each guest purchasing and appetizer and an entrée or an entrée and dessert receives a ticket to center stage viewing area for FIRST show. If you dine between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m., you receive access to the FIRST show (with same purchase). If you dine between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m., you receive access to the SECOND show (with same purchase).

Katrina on May 10th, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Just made our reservations for June 15th and will be dining on the terrace. We will be there on June 14th for the media event and decided to stick around for the official opening. Congrats to all who have been working so hard on the grand re-opening of DCA! Can’t wait!

Michael on May 10th, 2012 at 4:26 pm

This place look amazing and sounds great. I bought the dinning plan for my trip can i used it for the carthay circle?

Pam Brandon on May 10th, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Dine in the Magic Vouchers with denominations of $10 and $15 are combinable toward meal purchases. While the “maximum value” of designated vouchers can be used toward the cost of meals, the guest is responsible for any balance due, including applicable taxes and gratuity.

Cindy from CA on May 10th, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Will the Carthay Circle restaurant honor the premium AP discount like other restaurants in the park? Thanks.

Pam Brandon on May 10th, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Yes, Annual Passholders receive a 10% discount.

Andrea on May 10th, 2012 at 4:37 pm

I can’t wait for this to open! I already made reservations for my family to try it out.

To help answer some of the questions here – For the WOC tickets, if you have a party of two, you can share an appetizer and a dessert as long as you both purchase an entree. Lunch will average $27 a person and dinner will average $48 per person. Lunch gives you WOC tickets to the first show, and dinner gets you tickets to the second WOC show. The neat thing is that you get WOC seats in the center section, so you’ll have a better view than if you went with the other dining package locations.

Andrea

Jerel on May 10th, 2012 at 5:31 pm

@Cindy: Called to find out that they do actually honor AP’s here.

Adrien on May 10th, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Already made mine!!! :D

Heather on May 10th, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Holy cow. I called to make a reservation and they were already booked!! Crossing my fingers that there will be a cancellation!

Kathryn on May 10th, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Can reservations be made more than 60 days out?

Pam Brandon on May 11th, 2012 at 10:43 am

No, 60 days out is the limit.

Christopher from CA on May 11th, 2012 at 1:34 am

I think the 10% discount for passholders is probably inaccurate. If the same policy follows as all other restaurants in the parks, Premium and Premier pass holders will receive a 15% discount, all others will be 10%.

But it does sound like it will be good.

Pam Brandon on May 11th, 2012 at 10:17 am

You are correct!

Thomas on May 11th, 2012 at 1:51 am

Made my reservation for June 15! I’m SO excited to finally get to eat here!! I’m a HUGE foodie, so this’ll be great for me! :D

Pamela from PA on May 11th, 2012 at 7:15 am

I’ll be looking for that menu when it is released. We are coming out in September and this just might make our list for places to try!

Cathy on May 12th, 2012 at 12:48 pm

So excited made reservation for my birthday on July 11th! Happy birthday to me!

Lizette from CA on May 18th, 2012 at 12:08 am

I cant wait! We are planning on making a reservation in July :D

James on May 22nd, 2012 at 1:53 pm

This is so cool my nephew is the grill cook for Carthay Circle Restaurant I’m sure you will enjoy the food, he has a passion for cooking and loves what he does.

Sandy on May 26th, 2012 at 12:17 am

So excited! I can’t wait to try the crispy duck with sriracha sauce with any of the desserts! I made a reservation on June 19 for myself! Woo hoo!