The American Idol Experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sixty-Six Readers Take a Spin at the Disney Parks Blog Cars Land Meet-Up

posted on May 30th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Sixty-Six Readers Take a Spin at the Disney Parks Blog Cars Land Meet-Up

Yesterday, 66 Disney Parks Blog readers got to go “behind the wall” at our Cars Land Meet-Up! Before starting their cruise down Route 66, they paused with Imagineers Kathy Mangum and Kevin Rafferty, Sr., for a group photo. The photo is available for download right now on the Disney Parks Blog Facebook page!

Sixty-Six Readers Take a Spin at the Disney Parks Blog Cars Land Meet-Up

From the overlook at Radiator Springs Racers, the group started their engines for tours hosted by Kathy and Kevin. The tours took them to Luigi’s Flying Tires, Ramone’s House of Body Art, Sarge’s Surplus Hut, Fillmore’s Taste-In and more.

Sixty-Six Readers Take a Spin at the Disney Parks Blog Cars Land Meet-Up

The group had the chance to go inside Flo’s V8 Cafe to check out this new dining location. They were treated to all the details from Kathy and Kevin, learning more about Flo’s delectable diner and the Motorama Girl herself.

Sixty-Six Readers Take a Spin at the Disney Parks Blog Cars Land Meet-Up

Finally, the tour ended with a special treat – a “dance” on Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree! With Mater calling the moves, fans spun and twisted to the music.

If you didn’t get to join us at the Disney Parks Blog Cars Land Meet-Up, check out Cars Land for yourself when it opens June 15 at Disney California Adventure park! And keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more meet-ups to come.

Ka-Chow!

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and follow @Disneyland on Twitter for the latest on the expansion of Disney California Adventure park. While you’re on Twitter, join in the conversation by using the hashtags #CarsLand, #BuenaVistaStreet and #JustGotHappier.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Fred from CA on May 30th, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Looks like everyone had a great time. :)

I wasn’t able to be there but I’m not too sad, I’m going to the AP/D23 event on June 9th.

Jenny on May 30th, 2012 at 9:16 pm

we had such a great time! thank you so much for the awesome tour and fun goodies!

Erin Glover on May 31st, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Glad you enjoyed the meet-up, Jenny!

Brian on May 30th, 2012 at 9:22 pm

We were fortunate enough to be chosen to participate in this Meet Up and what a treat it was. The scenery on Radiator Springs Racers alone will be worth the trip. I can’t wait to ride this when it opens. Thank you to Erin and the entire Disney Parks Blog staff for an excellent event.

Erin Glover on May 31st, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Thanks for joining us, Brian!

Mary Jo on May 30th, 2012 at 10:59 pm

What a treat! I’m glad Disney is offering guests these opportunities to enjoy the park. Good going, Erin :)

Jill on May 31st, 2012 at 9:43 am

Wow! That sounds so fun! How did they choose who got to go? I’m bummed I missed it I would have loved to go! Glad everyone had fun! I can’t wait to check it out!!

Erin Glover on May 31st, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Jill – We announced the event on May 16 here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/rsvp-now-for-disney-parks-blog-cars-land-meet-up-at-disney-california-adventure-park/. Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and @Disneyland on Twitter for announcements on future events!

Martin on May 31st, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Can’t wait to see Cars Land! My wife and I are taking her brother and two other friends and driving down in September all the way from Redding. We added an extra day to our trip because were expecting to spend a lot more time in California Adventure because of Cars Land.

Corrine from CA on May 31st, 2012 at 3:17 pm

I was one of the lucky few able to participate in the meet up and it was so wonderful! The pictures just don’t convey how big and beautiful the mountains are! Thank you to everyone who worked to make the event happen.

Erin Glover on May 31st, 2012 at 7:42 pm

We’re happy you were there, Corrine!

Glenn from CA on May 31st, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Corrine could you share with us how it was that you came to be one of the chosen ones? I would have loved to have been invited, but I will be there on the 10th and I can’t wait to see it all in person.

Erin Glover on June 1st, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Glenn, we announced this event on May 16 (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/rsvp-now-for-disney-parks-blog-cars-land-meet-up-at-disney-california-adventure-park/) and took RSVPs on a first-come, first-served basis.

Robert from CA on June 1st, 2012 at 9:53 am

Looks like they had a great time! 66 guests on Route 66, what a great idea! I can’t wait to see it for myself as well!

Jennifer on June 1st, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Can’t wait! My husband and I are taking a CARs inspired Road Trip from Michigan to Anaheim this July just to see Disneyland, DCA and especially CARs land! We are from the Motor City so of course we are looking forward to all of the CARs areas! I am just counting the days!

Aaron on June 4th, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Sooooo jealous. Saw the post about the meet up only days before we left for our trip. We have annual passes so we’ll be back but man if I wasn’t itching to get behind those construction walls.