Star Wars Weekends is officially underway at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. And if you’ve been following our coverage here on the Disney Parks Blog, you know there’s a lot to see and do over the next few weekends. Today, we’re sharing five stories you need to check out before heading to the park.
Take 5: Star Wars Weekends Returns to Walt Disney World Resort
- More Visiting Celebrities, Details & Tips Announced for Star Wars Weekends 2012 at Walt Disney World Resort – Check out more details, tips and the scheduled celebrity lineup for Star Wars Weekends 2012 in this post!
- D Street in Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort Unveils a Galaxy of New Star Wars Art – ACME Archives released a new collection of Star Wars-themed art. Check it out on D Street in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort!
- Shopping in ‘Darth’s Mall’ for Star Wars Weekends 2012 at Walt Disney World Resort – Disney Parks Blog author Steven Miller shared a few of his favorite items coming soon to “Darth’s Mall,” a massive shopping location created just for Star Wars Weekends.
- Cast Yourself in Carbonite with the Carbon-Freeze Me Experience During Star Wars Weekends 2012 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – See how you can cast your likeness as a three-dimensional, eight-inch figurine at the Carbon-Freezing Chamber at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Build Your Droid at the Droid Factory Coming to Tatooine Traders at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Star Wars fans can now build and name their own R-series Astromech droid action figures at the Droid Factory at Tatooine Traders.