Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

A ‘Brave’ Experience at Disneyland Park

posted on June 29th, 2012 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

Have you seen “Brave” yet? The epic Disney•Pixar film is topping the box office charts and thrilling audiences around the world. In honor of this summer adventure, a corner of Fantasyland at Disneyland park has taken on the spirit of the Highland Games sequence from the film. Here, you can meet the bold heroine, Merida, as well as engage in archery practice and other activities. In this video, Entertainment Show Director Carla Carlile gives us a look at some of the fun you can expect at the park this summer.

Check out these posts for more news from Disneyland park:

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Allie on June 29th, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Is this similar to Merida’s meet-and-greet set-up in WDW? I don’t go to Disneyland much, but I go to WDW twice a year! Which brings me to my next question… we’re not going to WDW until October. Will Merida still be there? I REALLY hope so!

Shawn Slater on June 29th, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Hi, Allie! Yes, when Merida is at Walt Disney World, many of the same types of activities can be enjoyed in Fairytale Garden at the Magic Kingdom, and you’ll be pleased to know Merida and the Fairytale Garden experience will still be available in October. Have a great trip!

Mitchell from IL on June 29th, 2012 at 11:38 pm

Will she still be WDW Thanksgiving week? My wife and I are headed down that week and would love to be able to meet Merida. Sounds like the perfect day for me to go kilted to the Magic Kingdom!

Shawn Slater on June 30th, 2012 at 9:18 am

Yes, she will!

William on June 30th, 2012 at 1:36 am

I must admit, I wasn’t sure Brave was going to live up to the other Disney/Pixar classics, but in fact, it’s Amazing and Fantastic!! Truly a “must see” film! My three girls can’t wait for our trip to the DLR in September…having a chance to see and meet Merida is going to add even more excitement!

With all there is new to see and do at Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure, I’m not sure 6 days in the parks this trip will be enough!!

Angela on June 30th, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Will the Brave experience at Disneyland be available in late October/early November?

Tammy on July 1st, 2012 at 10:42 pm

How many appearances does she make each day? We don’t want to miss her when we go (10 days).

Shawn Slater on July 2nd, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Tammy, appearance times can vary, so just check the printed times guide when you arrive at the park.