Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

All in the Details: Themed Chandeliers Contribute to the Story of New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on June 26th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

This week, Walt Disney Imagineering provided us with some great detail shots of light fixtures that were recently installed in various attractions in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park.

“Walt

Lighting is one of the many elements that immerse guests into the story. The look and feel of light fixtures adds to the attraction’s theme, while the color and amount of light produced sets the tone for the location. For example, would The Haunted Mansion be as chillingly delightful without flickering candelabras covered in cobwebs? Or would Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room have the same tropical flair without its flaming tiki torches positioned out front?

“Walt “Walt
“Walt “Walt

Can you guess which New Fantasyland attractions will boast some of these beautiful details? Your choices are Be Our Guest Restaurant, Enchanted Tales With Belle, and Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid (answers can be used more than once). Share your guesses in the comments section below and I’ll update this post later in the day with the correct answers!

Many of you have been asking for an update on the Be Our Guest Restaurant, and I’m happy to announce that we’ll have an update on this topic tomorrow on the Disney Parks Blog. Our Food Author Pam Brandon will share details with you on the delicious menu items you can expect, updates on reservations, and more! Don’t miss it.

Update: The featured image is indeed a chandelier at Be Our Guest Restaurant. The four images below, starting at the top right and going clockwise, are located within: Be Our Guest Restaurant, Be Our Guest Restaurant, Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid, and Enchanted Tales With Belle.

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and follow @WaltDisneyWorld on Twitter for the latest on the New Fantasyland expansion. While you’re on Twitter, join in the conversation by using the hashtag #NewFantasyland.

Check out more posts in the “All in the Details” series from Walt Disney Imagineering:

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Julie on June 26th, 2012 at 10:14 am

Finally!!!! Can’t wait to hear all about the restaurant tomorrow!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 26th, 2012 at 10:41 am

It’s a good update, Julie. You won’t be disappointed!

Lynn from NJ on June 26th, 2012 at 10:15 am

I can’t wait until the big announcement tomorrow! I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it will open in time for my trip on November 8th. :)

Meredith from VA on June 26th, 2012 at 10:16 am

Jennifer, you are quickly becoming my favorite person! I think the first and second are Be Our Guest, the third and fifth are Enchanted Tales and the fourth is Under the Sea. THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the update on the restaurant! Booked our Candlelight Processional package this morning and now an update on Be Our Guest tomorrow – it’s Disney Dining week in my house!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 26th, 2012 at 10:40 am

Meredith – Thank you for the kind words and it sounds like your family has some fun planned for your next trip!

John on June 26th, 2012 at 10:17 am

Well, Bottom left is definitely Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid. It has an Octopus detailed on the back wall.

The top three I think are Beauty and the Beast related. Top I would say is in Maurice’s Workshop, second is the Ballroom of Be Our Guest. The stained art rose, I think is in the ‘West Wing’ portion of Be Our guest, and the final one is kind of tricky. I’m gonna guess the library from Enchanted Taled with Belle!

Joel on June 26th, 2012 at 10:18 am

Clockwise from top left: Be Our Guest Restaurant, Be Our Guest Restaurant, Enchanted Tales with Belle, and Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid. If I had to submit further guessing: the first be our guest picture is from the ballroom dining room, while the second is from the west wing area.

Joyce on June 26th, 2012 at 10:19 am

Wow – I love the first (big) photo! Amazing! That one has to be someplace royal, so Be Our Guest? Maybe the lobby or something?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 26th, 2012 at 10:41 am

It is lovely, isn’t it?

mark on June 26th, 2012 at 10:21 am

I was looking at light fixtures in a custom lighting store and it is fun to imagine all the themeing you can build around different lighting fixtures, what a fun job imagineers!

Oh don’t forget to show some love for Stitch for today is 6.26 day!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 26th, 2012 at 10:44 am

Mark – if you’re a Stitch fan, don’t miss our fun animated gif that Gary Buchanan previously posted about. Too cute! http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/09/mickey-and-his-pals-get-animated-in-a-unique-way-at-the-magic-kingdom-park/

Mario on June 26th, 2012 at 10:25 am

Thanks again for the update! I look forward to it every week! My guess is that the top left box is for Be Our Guest Restaurant, the top right box is for Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid, the bottom left box is for Enchanted Tales With Belle, and the bottom right box is for Be Our Guest Restaurant. Oh and I think the first main box at the top is for Be Our Guest Restaurant as well.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 26th, 2012 at 10:45 am

Thank YOU. Be sure to check back later, Mario. :)

Scott on June 26th, 2012 at 10:40 am

I think that it goes (clockwise from top left) Be our Guest Restaurant; Enchanted Tales With Belle; Be our Guest Restaurant; and Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid.

Cheryl on June 26th, 2012 at 10:58 am

1 and 2 Be our Guest Restaurant, 3- Enchanted Tales with Belle, 4- Under the Sea-Journey of the Little Mermaid, 5-Be our Guest Restaurant

Laurie from NS on June 26th, 2012 at 10:59 am

I have my fingers crossed for a reservation at Be Our Guest for the end of August! Can’t wait to hear some news tomorrow!

Jennifer from MN on June 26th, 2012 at 11:05 am

Now I’m too excited to focus on guesses for the chandeliers! I’m SO hoping to dine at Be Our Guest for my birthday on December 1 – Can’t wait to find out tomorrow if my wish will be able to come true!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 26th, 2012 at 11:07 am

Good luck, Jennifer! It will be a great place to celebrate just about anything!

Sean on June 26th, 2012 at 11:14 am

Love the details! Any word on if there will be any characters to meet at the dinner? Can’t wait to see the menu tomorrow.

Nikki on June 26th, 2012 at 11:18 am

So excited about the Be Our Guest update!! I agree with the rush going on now, as I booked CP this morning too!! Fingers crossed Be Our Guest will be open for our trip, we arrive Nov 26!!!! Will tomorrow ever come??? Lol, thanks for all the great info throughout this whole process Jennifer!!!

Lisa on June 26th, 2012 at 11:26 am

Now I truly cannot wait to check the blog tomorrow morning! I really hope it will be open for our trip in November! Also, I love this ‘post’ every week–the amazing detail that goes into everything at Disney is so breathtaking! Thanks for sharing with us!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 26th, 2012 at 11:31 am

Thank you. I’m happy we have such good friends at Walt Disney Imagineering that share these cool photos with us!

Brook from IL on June 26th, 2012 at 11:29 am

I can’t wait to hear the big news!!! I have to say the Resturant is my number 1 for detail, then the Journey of the Little Mermaid, then the Enchanted tales…..We are crossing our fingers it will be open end of Septeber for our trip, My 3 year old daughter would just be in heaven!!! I am also so happy that Be Our Guest will be quick service just in case it fills up too fast, we can catch lunch :-)

Rosa from OH on June 26th, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Here’s hoping its open in November!

Emily on June 26th, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Thank you for the update! The ceilings of these rooms really add to the story of these attractions. I think the 1st is Be Our Guest Restaurant, 2nd and 3rd (top row) are from Enchanted Tales With Belle, the 4th picture (lower left) is from Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid, and last but not least, the 5th picture is from the Be Our Guest Reataurant. I noticed that in the Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid picture that the story of the fisherman and his sea journey is told on those walls and Ursala is in the story too. I am really looking forward to finding out the rest of his story!

Tracy on June 26th, 2012 at 12:59 pm

The little details are what makes Disney Parks so special! The Imagineers are really out doing themselves on the New Fantasyland attractions! My guesses: 1&2 Be Our Guest (the #2 picture was posted a few weeks ago as a sneak peak at the restaurant), #3 Enchanted Tales, #4 Journey of the Little Mermaid, #5 I have to guess at so I will say Journey of the Little Mermaid.
I can’t wait for tomorrow post! Please open in October! Please! Please!

Rayne on June 26th, 2012 at 1:27 pm

My guess is: Top, centered photo – reception area for Be Our Guest, with Ballroom visible beyond; Top left – Be Our Guest, Dining Room (with gallery of characters); Top right – Be Our Guest, West Wing; Bottom left – Little Mermaid, queue or loading area; Bottom Right – Enchanted Tales with Belle (Library). Wherever they are, they are certainly beautiful!

Rayne on June 26th, 2012 at 1:31 pm

OOPS – I meant to say the Top left was West Wing and Top Right is the Castle Dining Room. Not that it matters – it’s just fun to guess!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 26th, 2012 at 2:07 pm

The answers will be posted shortly!

Linda from LA on June 26th, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Your posts are my absolute favorite to read every week!! I cannot wait for tomorrow to find out if I will get to eat at Be Our Guest in November, and I sure hope they’ll be serving “gray stuff”!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 26th, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Thanks so much, Linda. This will truly be an amazing restaurant to dine at with kids, spouses, entire families…I can think of many occasions that would be wonderful to celebrate here. :)

Kristie from LA on June 26th, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Do you have any idea what time this information will be posted? We are going for Halloween and if there is any chance it would be open then we would like to make reservations ASAP :) I promised my daughter I would stay up late or get up early to try to get a reservation for her! We will be celebrating her Birthday!

Natalia from Santa Catarina on June 26th, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Dear Jennifer,

Your posts are my favorite of all from the blog! I really love that you always have news to share with us! I am from Brazil and I am going to be in Orlando in November for a week (from 13th to 19th) and I would be very happy if I could get to know this new part of the park since is my 4th visit!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 26th, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Thanks so much, Natalia…I hope you have an excellent time on your upcoming trip!

Michael on June 26th, 2012 at 4:24 pm

wow this all looks so great i hope it’s all open by October when we go there

Michael on June 26th, 2012 at 4:26 pm

the whole new fantasy land looks great i hope it’s open and up and runing when we go in October

Patricia on June 26th, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Jennifer – These images are so beautiful. They are so expertly detailed and so full of life. I adore them. Thank you for bringing them to us! You really are marvelous at giving us these little morsels that is really building excitement to see the big reveal when it is ready. Disney is being so smart about this Expansion…it is just expertly run!

I am so excited to read the food report tomorrow. I can hardly wait!

However, I am still very eager to see concept art and hear about the Tangled meet and greet area that’s going in with the new bathrooms at the border of Fantasyland and Liberty Square. Can you please ask the Imagineers to spill a little bit about this? I ask because my niece and nephew just LOVE Rapunzel and most of the Disney fan sites have been saying that there’s a Tangled tower being built over there with the new bathrooms. I know you might not understand people being excited to learn more about bathrooms but I am trying to get this info because of the Tangled rumor. Every time I talk to my niece and nephew they ask me about it and I am a very harried auntie because I can never give them any new scoop.

You would be such a help if you could get us some scoop on this area that has not had concept art released yet. Thanks!

Your friend Patricia

robin from IL on June 26th, 2012 at 8:04 pm

i am too excited to guess i can’t wait till tomorrow for the announcement i hope its ADR’s or my halloween trip

Lauren on June 27th, 2012 at 12:52 am

Jennifer–I really enjoyed seeing all the different chandeliers and lighting photos. I would especially love to learn more about those wall paintings that you can see in the background of the photo from Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid. Can you please find out some info for us about that? Thanks.

Also, very excited for the food update tomorrow for Be Our Guest restaurant. Do you know based on the date that reservations will begin (i.e. when it opens) if Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid and the new sections in that area of New Fantasyland will open at or around the same time? I would think that they would want to open that whole big section all at once and make a big deal out of it rather than opening each element bit by bit. Do you have any info on this as I am just dying to get any info on the opening date/time frame for Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid???

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 27th, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I’ll add this topic to my list, Lauren, thanks!

Anthony on June 27th, 2012 at 7:57 am

Simply amazing, the detail is awesome, I long every tuesday for you updates. nice work and keep them comming. The details are so nice its like you guys invented theme park design or something??? lol.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 27th, 2012 at 10:41 am

LOL. Thanks for the kind words, Anthony.

Kelly on June 27th, 2012 at 10:15 am

I cannot wait to see the menu for the Be Our Guest restaurant! We will be in Walt Disney World in late November, can’t wait!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 29th, 2012 at 8:28 am

What did you think, Kelly?

Janice from CA on June 27th, 2012 at 10:22 am

Im guessing the top two are for Belle The chandalier looks like the one belle and beast danced under, that would be for the restauraunt I assume,and the one on the right is for the enchanted tales, and the bottom left is for Ariel and the only reason I could see why is the color of the ceiling, and the botttom right I just don’t know it’s so medevil, it could be part of the beasts castle so im going to guess the enchanted tales.

clinton on June 27th, 2012 at 10:28 am

OMG…I can’t wait for the details! Going to WDW in December and wishing to get into BE OUR GUEST!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 27th, 2012 at 10:40 am

Good luck! It looks great.

alley on June 27th, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Jennifer,
I was wondering when we are able to make reservations for Be Our Guest will it be like Le Cellier and Akershus where you have to pre-pay? Im hoping to make a reservation for 9 people and that could be a pricey hold. Thanks

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 27th, 2012 at 3:58 pm

You may want to ask Pam Brandon about that…she’s our foodie. Not sure she’ll have an answer at this point yet, though.

Michael on June 27th, 2012 at 6:38 pm

wow looks great will it be open by Oct with the rest the expansion

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 29th, 2012 at 8:27 am

The only opening date we’ve been given is “holidays 2012″.

alley on June 28th, 2012 at 9:59 am

Jennifer,
Thanks for the reply. I did ask Pam about the credit card guarantee. At this time they do not require it. I do have another question I’m hoping you can help me with…. I’m wondering what views each of the dining areas have? Will we be able to see fireworks etc? Thanks

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 29th, 2012 at 8:27 am

I only have details on one part of the dining room, which will be surrounded by a lovely mural, making it look like you really are in a castle in the middle of France. Here’s a video we posted previously about this: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/03/first-look-walt-disney-imagineers-offer-a-taste-of-the-be-our-guest-restaurant/

Bethany on July 4th, 2012 at 1:06 am