Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion

‘Candlelight Choir’ Sneak Peek: Neil Patrick Harris Returns

posted on June 14th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

If you’ve ever visited Walt Disney World Resort during the holidays, you can only imagine the planning that goes into creating the spectacular holiday offerings for each of our four parks. Our cast members are already hard at work planning every detail our guests will enjoy this holiday season – including lining up some wonderful celebrity talent for this year’s Candlelight Processional at Epcot.

“Candlelight

If you’re not familiar, the Candlelight Processional is a beloved holiday offering at Epcot that combines seasonal music with a reading of scripture by a celebrity narrator. It will be performed nightly November 23 – December 30, at 5, 6:45 and 8:15 p.m.

I was just given permission to share a sneak peek at the list of celebrities who have already been confirmed to appear in this year’s show. This is only a partial list, so not all dates will be listed. I’ll update the list as additional narrators are confirmed. I’m happy to report that Neil Patrick Harris, a crowd favorite, is back. So is Gary Sinise, who’s a sort of honorary “cast member” for his appearance in the Mission: SPACE pre-show.

Nov. 23–25: Geena Davis (actress, film producer, and writer)
    Nov. 26–29: Neil Patrick Harris (Emmy Award-winner, Broadway star and TV host)
    Nov. 30–Dec. 1: Whoopi Goldberg (television host, actress and comedian)
    Dec. 2–4: Andy Garcia (actor)
    Dec. 5-7: Blair Underwood
    Dec. 8 & 9: James Denton (film and television actor)
    Dec. 10–13: Jodi Benson(singer and actress)
    Dec. 14-16: Lea Salonga
    Dec. 17-19: Alfre Woodard
    Dec. 20–22: Trace Adkins (Award-Winning Country music artist)
    Dec. 23–25: Gary Sinise (actor and musician)
    Dec. 26-28: Amy Grant (singer-songwriter, author, and actress)
    Dec. 29–30: Marlee Matlin/Jack Jason (Academy Award-winning actor and TV star)

*As always, narrators are subject to change.

Candlelight Processional Packages for all dates are now on sale at DisneyWorld.com. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more narrator announcements.

Filed: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

Vanessa from NJ on June 14th, 2012 at 11:10 am

“wildlife conversationalist” is my absolute favorite thing of today. I imagine Ms. Rossellini having intriguing chats with badgers and squirrels. That made my day! :D

Frank on June 14th, 2012 at 11:11 am

Can’t wait to see who else will be there

Jose on June 14th, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Hope Edward James Olmos is added!! He’s one of my all-time favorites!!

Alison on June 14th, 2012 at 9:34 pm

I am thrilled to see Gary Sinise not just return, but return to being the speaker on Christmas Day! It seems like it has been years since that happened. Very happy about seeing Neil Patrick Harris too! Now to plan what dining package I want, because I definitely want good seats for the 2 of them!

Lauren on June 14th, 2012 at 11:26 pm

YAY!!!! This post totally made my day. I am so excited to see that Jodi Benson will be one of the narrators this year. I was lucky enough to see her as the narrator for the Candlelight Processional on my birthday in 2010. As a lifelong ‘Little Mermaid’ fan, I was beyond thrilled. The only thing that would have made it better was being able to meet her in person. She was so amazingly incredible as the narrator then and I cannot wait to see her again this year.

Please post the date when the Candlelight Dinner Packages will go on sale as soon as you find out so I can make my reservations. Thanks so much.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 15th, 2012 at 3:23 pm

That’s so nice, Lauren. Thanks! I look forward to this event each year.

Jennie from CA on June 15th, 2012 at 2:55 am

What a great list. I so wish we were going to be there when T Adkins, G Sinise or NPH are reading. Anxiously awaiting the list to see who will be there when we are.

Maura on June 15th, 2012 at 8:57 am

When will we be able to purchase the Candlelight Processional Dinner packages?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 15th, 2012 at 3:23 pm

June 26. :)

Anonymous on June 15th, 2012 at 10:19 am

Tickets for Candlelight Processional can be purchased June 26. A good travel agent specializing in Disney will be on top of this and will be letting you know specifics. They will obtain info required for guarantee and will get up early to make your reservations at the first possible moment.

michelle on June 15th, 2012 at 3:44 pm

When will we find out what restaurants are participating? I have a very picky eater.

Julie on June 16th, 2012 at 2:37 am

I so wish we were going for this, what a beautiful event!

Stephen from VA on June 18th, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Yea! get to see Neil Patrick Harris on my 1st Epcot day and Whoopi Goldberg on 2nd Epcot day

Kathleen from Angus on June 18th, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Can the dinner packages for this be booked online?

Chininia on June 19th, 2012 at 5:02 am

I’m so excited to hear that Trace Adkins is narrating again. I love the sound of his voice. Can wait to see him again. Thanks, Disney!

Lynnette on June 20th, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Interested to know if there will be tier pricing for different dining locations again this year. Called the dining line and as of this evening, they were still not sure.

Raymond from GA on June 22nd, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Thank you for the update at the top of the blog. I see that June 26, 2012 will be the official announcement of the Epcot Candlelight Processional Package going on sale. At least from my searches.
This past Wednesday, June 20, 2012, the “regular” dining reservations for Epcot’s Le Cellier Steakhouse, Coral Reef, The Garden Grill, and Rose and Crown Pub and Dining Restaurants opened up for the 180 day guests. None of these four Epcot restaurants had been available since the November 23, 2012, 180 day guests.

Karen from WA on June 25th, 2012 at 9:52 am

With the Dinner packages going on sale tomorrow have the restaurants and pricing available? Also will we be able to book the dinner packages on-line this year or will they only be able to be book by phone?

Raymond from GA on June 26th, 2012 at 6:16 am

I tried Disney website online at 6am EST, Tuesday, June 26, 2012 with no change on Epcot Candlelight Processional Package information. I guess I will try at 7am EST by phone.

Raymond from GA on June 26th, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Yea…the Epcot Candlelight Processional Package booking showed up online at 7am EST. It was so easy to book reservatons online rather than calling.

Torrie on June 27th, 2012 at 1:59 am

Have the dates for Candlelight at Disneyland been released? And the speakers?

Cheryl on July 3rd, 2012 at 7:07 pm

I am also interested in dates/speakers for Disneyland! Any news yet?