'World of Color' at Disney California Adventure Park

Check Out our New Set of Wheels on Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on June 19th, 2012 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

When you walk through the new turnstiles at Disney California Adventure park, one of your first visual cues that you have gone back in time is a 1937 Packard Coupe. It’s parked at Oswald’s, and it is a beautiful piece of machinery. This car was a high-end set of wheels back in “the day.” (By the way, this model debuted to the public the same year “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” debuted at Carthay Circle Theatre.) It arrived just before the June 15 opening, and Imagineers had some fun pushing it down Buena Vista Street to its permanent parking spot at Oswald’s, as you’ll see in this video. Make sure to check out the Packard up close and find the hidden treasures inside on your next visit to Disney California Adventure park.

Check out these posts for more news from Disney California Adventure park:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Carrie from CA on June 19th, 2012 at 6:13 pm

It would be interesting to know where the Imagineers found the car, what its history is, and how they chose it.

Christa from GA on June 19th, 2012 at 6:40 pm

I follow Brandon on Twitter, and I love to read about Imagineers that are so committed to the little details that make Disney so special! It’s nice to put a face with a name. Thanks for all the hard work and late hours making BVS so special!

I agree with Carrie – I’d love to know more about the car and how they found it, etc.

Jon from CA on June 19th, 2012 at 6:48 pm

A wonderful addition to the park! Certainly does bring you into the time period. All of the decorating is really great on that street, and it’s certainly one of my favorite parts of the park. I could just sit on a bench there for hours!

Patricia on June 19th, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Valarie –

You are becoming very well known for always finding an interesting angle on stories. You’re my “angle angel”. Whenever I see you wrote something, I get excited and tell my husband “Valarie’s done it again!”. He really loved this video, by the way. My whole family did.

Please tell the Imagineers they really did something spectacular in DCA. I CANNOT WAIT to go see it and am planning a special trip to California that I would not have planned if not for Buena Vista Street. I am so excited to go back in time to the 20s and 30s.

Fred from CA on June 19th, 2012 at 8:57 pm

This car was one of the first things I noticed when I first got to see Buena Vista Street. It adds so much detail.

Great job Imagineers. :)

ryan from FL on June 20th, 2012 at 2:46 am

Fingers crossed, that Hollywood Studios gets a makeover like California Adventure. Buena Vista Street is just amazing and the details are impressive.
Yay Oswald! ^^

Paul from WI on June 20th, 2012 at 11:52 am

Anybody know what the digits on the license plate represent? Catch it right at the very beginning of the video … you know Disney never does anything by accident!

Jon from CA on June 20th, 2012 at 12:24 pm

@Paul, I asked a cast member at Oswalds this, and they said they had ask Brandon, who said it’s simply an actual 1937 License plate! Which honestly, there’s so many references on the street, it’s kinda nice to have a balance of real and not… Man, I love this car!