At last, lots of new spots for dining have debuted at Disney California Adventure park! And what we love most is that quick-service dining has moved way beyond burgers and dogs.
Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café has caused lots of excitement with the announcement of Starbucks coffee drinks, but we’re just as excited about the signature sammies like a turkey Reuben, paneer and roasted vegetable, and salami with olive tapenade. And our favorite soup is this slightly spicy cheesy enchilada soup.
Cheesy Enchilada Soup
Serves 6 to 8
5 yellow corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup corn
5 cups chicken stock
15-ounce can tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/4 teaspoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon Tapatio hot sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
4 teaspoons flour
1/2 cup water
2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a 10-inch skillet. When oil is hot, add tortilla strips and stir until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Cook onion in remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until translucent. Add garlic, bell pepper and corn; cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, tomato puree, salt, chili powder, pepper, sugar, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Whisk flour and water in a small bowl and stir into soup. Bring to a boil, then simmer 4 minutes.
- Add chicken and bring back to a simmer. Stir in cream, sour cream, shredded cheese, and black beans.
- To serve, garnish with fried tortilla strips and cilantro.
Find more recipes from around Disney Parks in the posts below: