Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Happy Holidays from Disneyland Resort Paris

For Your Information: Guests Planning to Visit Disney California Adventure Park When it Opens on June 15

posted on June 13th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Disney California Adventure Park

Since Disney Parks Blog readers are among the most loyal Disney Parks fans, we wanted to give you this special heads-up. If you are planning to join us at Disney California Adventure park when it reopens on Friday, June 15, please remember the following:

• Disney California Adventure park opens at 9 a.m. on June 15; Disneyland park opens at 8 a.m. on June 15.
  • The early arrival queue will open to guests on Disneyland Resort property at 11 p.m. on June 14.
  • Parking will be available in the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure, and standard parking rates will apply.
  • A select amount of wristbands will be distributed to guests who are waiting in line to maintain the order of arrival. All guests in line will be able to leave the line to use the restroom, purchase food or beverages, and return or retrieve items from their vehicles/hotel rooms until 6 a.m. on June 15.
  • Portions of the early arrival queue will be located beyond the guest screening checkpoints, beyond which certain items will not be permitted. Be sure to check the list of prohibited items here.
  • Restrooms and ticket booths will be available to guests in the queue.
  • The following Downtown Disney District locations will offer extended operating hours on June 14-15:

Tune in to the Disney Parks Blog tonight, Wednesday, June 13, at 8 p.m. PT for a LIVE webcast of the Cars Land Media Event! And keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and Disney California Adventure park on Facebook, and follow @Disneyland on Twitter for complete coverage of all events this week at Disney California Adventure park! While you’re on Twitter, join in the conversation by using the hashtags #CarsLand, #BuenaVistaStreet, #MadTParty and #JustGotHappier.

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Dolores on June 13th, 2012 at 6:11 pm

i can’t wait to see what everyone thinks, personally i think its Disney’s best work yet!

Kathleen on June 13th, 2012 at 6:12 pm

We have a 6pm reservation at Carthay; if we try to come later in the day will there be any priority given? Or if the park closes to capacity, will we still be let in?

Christina on June 13th, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Hi Erin! Where will the early arrival queue start? Will there be a separate early arrival queue for those arriving for the Merchandise Event in the Animation Building? If so, where will that queue start?

Erin Glover on June 13th, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Hi Christina – There will be a separate queue for the Merchandise Event. Michelle Harker will have information on that tomorrow here on the Disney Parks Blog.

Stephanie on June 13th, 2012 at 6:17 pm

If I’m staying at a resort nearby, can I show up at 11, get a wrist band, and then go back to my room for a while? Do you know what time the wrist bands will be handed out? Where will the beginning of the line be? I am so excited!!

Erin Glover on June 13th, 2012 at 7:01 pm

I wouldn’t recommend it, Stephanie. The line may move at times, and you may not be able to find your place again if you are away for too long.

James on June 13th, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Where will the line form on June 14? Will it be located near the toy story bus stop like on leap day?

Erin Glover on June 13th, 2012 at 7:02 pm

James – Just look for a Disneyland Resort cast member when you arrive to be directed to the end of the line.

Thor from CA on June 13th, 2012 at 6:38 pm

I’m staying at the Hotel. Will priority be given to Disney Hotel guests to get into the park if/when it fills to capacity on the 15th? No one at the Hotel front desk seems to be able to answer that question, and they don’t know who to ask either. What’s the instructions for Hotel guests getting into and out of the park at will on the 15th?

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Thor – Disneyland Resort hotel guests will also need to join the line on the Esplanade if they wish to enter Disney California Adventure park when it opens on June 15.

George on June 13th, 2012 at 6:41 pm

So we can show up at 11pm and just wait there right??

Michael from CA on June 13th, 2012 at 6:47 pm

After attending the Paid AP event on Sunday, all I can say is it is worth the wait and you will not be disappointed! All of the imagineers and crafstmen have done an incredible job.

Ty on June 13th, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Hi Erin, will there be a special “Re-Grandopening” map for California Adventure handed out only on the 15th or will it just be the regular map that will be available the rest of the summer? Thanks.

Chris on June 13th, 2012 at 7:15 pm

When will the queue for the early arrival queue start..?

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Robert on June 13th, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Ok i don’t get it we could go tomorrow on the 14 to get and wait in line to get a wrist bands so we could go in in Friday the 15 is that right or im way off ??????????

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 4:16 pm

This information is for guests who wish to enter Disney California Adventure park when it opens on June 15. It is not necessary to queue up overnight if you wish to enter the park later in the day.

Ann from CA on June 13th, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Will M&F parking structure be open continuously through the night? Also, will there be a separate line for merchandise buyers? We are coming for the merch event. Please advise & thanks!

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Yes, Mickey & Friends will be open all night and standard parking rates apply. For information on the Merchandise event, check out Michelle’s post here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/a-shoppers-guide-to-disney-california-adventure-park/

Alyssa on June 13th, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I’m a bit confused. If we bought a room at the hotel, we aren’t guaranteed to get into California adventure unless we wait in the line all night?

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Alyssa – The line is for guests who wish to enter Disney California Adventure park when it opens on June 15, but it is not necessary if you plan to enter the park later in the day.

Paul on June 13th, 2012 at 7:51 pm

will there be give away something like Leap Day giving first 5,000 Mickey Leap Day Hats????

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Paul – There will not be a special amenity distributed.

Tanya on June 13th, 2012 at 7:59 pm

hi erin
will we be getting the wristbands when we arrive in line on june 15th or will the wristbands be distributed june 14th.

Jessica on June 13th, 2012 at 7:59 pm

I was there last Sunday and it was amazing!!! I agree, it is Disney’s best work yet, but I’m sure there will be more in the future. Cars Land made me feel like I was really at Radiator Springs, or at least Grand Canyon, hahaha. I can’t wait to go back to Cars Land!!!

Autumn on June 13th, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Will hotel guests get early entry through that hotel park enterance? Or will we be able to in line early in the hotel?

HJ on June 13th, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Will guests of Grand Californian/Disneyland Hotel be able to enter through the Grand Californian entryway on Friday morning, at opening?

Daniel from CA on June 13th, 2012 at 8:21 pm

I can’t wait for 11 pm tomorrow night i will be there overnight for the first time at Disneyland. YAY!!!

Sonia on June 13th, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Three questions: Is the 11pm line ONLY for guests staying at a Disneyland Resort hotel? Or can you get in line if you’re staying at, say, the Best Western nearby?

Also, this definitely looks like it’s going to be California Adventure’s first time hitting capacity! I know that, when Disneyland hits capacity, Annual Passholders are still let in. Will that be the case with California Adventure on Friday or no?

And, for my last question, if you get a wristband, leave the line, and return at around 5am, who do you talk to in order to get you back in your place?

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 4:18 pm

The line will be open for any guest wishing to enter Disney California Adventure park. I wouldn’t recommend leaving the line for too long.

Annette on June 13th, 2012 at 8:37 pm

I’m going on the 16th and hoping it’s not too crazy …

Evelyn on June 13th, 2012 at 8:45 pm

My question is: If we have one person from our group in the line, would they be able to get wristband for the rest of the group?

Also, what time does the Mickey and Friends parking structure open?

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 4:19 pm

No, you must be present to receive your wristband.

Robert on June 13th, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Erin, i was planning to be there on june 15th at 5 am do you think i will stll be able to get in

Ianna on June 13th, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Will we be able to get into the park on the 15th if we don’t wait in line over night??

Alyxandria on June 13th, 2012 at 9:01 pm

You’re giving out Wristbands. Do these wristbands guarantee the bearer more benefit than first access to Cars Land? If so, what benefits? If I show up at 11pm to get said wristband am I allowed to leave the park grounds and go home to get ready or do I need to stay on the grounds?

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 4:20 pm

It only allows re-entry to the line, but I would not recommend leaving the line for an extended period of time.

Alexandra on June 13th, 2012 at 9:03 pm

What time does the Mickey And friends parking structure open for overnight parking?

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Alexandra – Mickey & Friends parking structure will be open all night.

Robert on June 13th, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Does everyone in my party have to be there for the wristbands or can I get mine and hold a place in line for the rest of my party?

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Everyone must be present to receive wristbands.

Mark on June 13th, 2012 at 9:38 pm

My wife and I are thinking about going to see cars land in early July to celebrate our anniversary and that we are expecting. Is radiator spring racers safe for expectant moms?

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 4:23 pm

The attraction is not recommended for expectant mothers.

Alexandra on June 13th, 2012 at 10:03 pm

If we arrive at the parking structure at 6 pm on the 14th. Do I have to leave the structure at a certain time and renter for the 15th?

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Alexandra – You will not be required to leave and re-enter the parking structure.

jason from CA on June 13th, 2012 at 10:07 pm

My question is theres 3 line queues. I wanna know which line starts first and also where is the line for merchandises. I cant be at two spots at once. I was told at the same time I got my wristband I could get for the merchandise. I like to like to know before hand since Im going alone and want the merchandise also.

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 4:23 pm

jason from CA on June 13th, 2012 at 10:11 pm

my question is I was told i can get a band for the one line and also same time get my wristband for the Merchandise Event. I got this from the Manager around Carthay Circle this afternoon.

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Jason, you will be required to choose one line or the other.

Melissa on June 13th, 2012 at 10:34 pm

SO SO SO excited to see Cars Land but won’t make it there until July 18th. :) But that is right around the corner. :)

Diego on June 13th, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Can we bring chairs to sit inline?

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 4:24 pm

You may bring chairs, but you must return them to your vehicle before going through the Security screening.

Anna on June 13th, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Erin,
Will there be a way for us to get a merchandise wristband and a Cars Land wristband, too? I don’t know how I would choose, if I could only get one wristband!

Hopefully the merchandise wristbands system will be like usual. You get your band and then have until 1PM to make your purchase. Then we can go to Cars Land first.

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Anna, you will be required to choose one line or the other. The wristband is only to maintain the order of arrival in the line – it will be void once you enter the park.

Eireen on June 14th, 2012 at 12:59 am

I understand that the there will be a second line for the limited merchandise. I was wondering if there will be a separate line for those who wish to watch the Grand Re-Opening Ceremony or if it would even be possible for the public to watch the Ceremony?

Anna on June 14th, 2012 at 2:33 am

Hi Erin, thanks for the update.

I am a little confussed though, is this queue/wristband thing only for those wanting to go to Cars Land or is it for everyone entering DCA?

My friends have reservations for breakfast at Ariels at 10:15. Will they be able to get in, or will they need to be in the wristband line?

Thanks Anna

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Anna, this queue is for all guests wishing to enter Disney California Adventure park when it opens on June 15. It is not required if you are planning to enter the park later in the day, and it is not required for access to Cars Land once you are in the park.

Anna on June 14th, 2012 at 9:56 am

Hi Erin,

I attended the D23 Cars Land preview. We were given a specific window to attend. I thought that ran pretty smoothely. Will the wristbands give us timed access to Cars Land?

Michelle on June 14th, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Hello, I was not planning on getting there until Friday morning but if I am there can I get wristbands for my family? Also, what is this early entry queue? Is it something special I have to sign up for or what is it? I am confused…

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 4:24 pm

This queue is for any guest wishing to enter Disney California Adventure park when it opens on June 15. Each person must be present to receive a wristband.

Stephanie on June 14th, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I wanted to get the merchandise and see the Grand Re-Opening presentation. Will both be possible, such as by getting into the merchandise event early or being able to reserve certain products? Can’t wait to be camping out at Disneyland tonight!

Richard on June 14th, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Hi, so getting there tonight before or by 11, we can park in the structure and the tram will be running all night to back to the car for things? And how many wristbands, because it says there will be limited?

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Yes, the trams will be running, so you will have access to your vehicle. Trams will run all night, except between 2-6 am, so you will have access to your vehicle but you will need to walk during that time.

RoseAnn on June 14th, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Sonia: Annual Passholders do NOT get in when park is at capacity–no one does. Capacity is capacity.

Evelyn & Robert: They only give wristbands to those who are actually in line. The reason for giving wristbands is so one person can’t come and hold a place for the rest of their large group.

Sharon on June 14th, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Lots of questions.
Where’s Erin?

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 6:31 pm

I’m here, Sharon! Just needed to make sure I was giving everyone the right answers. :)

Janell from CA on June 14th, 2012 at 5:30 pm

what time will the Toy Story parking lot be open? We are not planning on camping out.

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Janell – Parking areas for the theme parks (with the exception of Mickey & Friends on this date)
open one hour prior to the published Disneyland park opening time. Disneyland park opens at 8
a.m. on June 15.

Suchit from CA on June 14th, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Hi Erin,
Reading a few of the blog articles, I’m confused. Are there multiple lines and/or wristbands for entry in the park, shopping, ride queues, etc, or is there only one set of wristbands for general entry into the park, and once in the park, its a free for all? Can’t wait till tomorrow!!! Thanks!!

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Hi Suchit – There are two lines for guests planning to enter Disney California Adventure park when it opens on June 15: one for general entry and one for the Merchandise event. Guests are not required to line up to enter the park later in the day – this is only for those who want to enter the park when it opens.

Mark on June 14th, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I think many of us have the same questions but the answers arent’ quite getting there. Michelle has not responded to comments and you are, so I ask you. Basically we all want to know how it’s going to work. If you don’t know, that’s fine, but I’ll ask anyways. I assume that the merchandise line of people will be led to the merchandise area (animation building) and Cars Land lines will be led to Cars Land. Correct? Once the merchandise shoppers are done buying we can go to Cars land. Vice Versa, if the Cars Land people want to go to Merchandise they can walk over, but they will be at the end of the line where the Merchandise line stops? Correct?

Erin Glover on June 14th, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Mark – Here’s how it will work:

General entry line: Guests in this line will be able to enter Disney California Adventure park after it opens at 9 am. They are free to visit any area of the park – the line is not specific to Cars Land.

Merchandise line: These guests will be directed to the Disney Animation Building when the park opens at 9 am.

Those in the general entry line may visit the commemorative merchandise location, but yes – they will be directed to the end of that line.

Sharon on June 14th, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Erin, Thank you for all the information.

Mark on June 14th, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Thumbs up to Erin! Thank you!

Janell from CA on June 14th, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Thanks Erin for all your help.

Leslie on June 14th, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Hi Eein – thanks for all of the great info. We appreciate is very much. A follow-up question to the merchandise line – do we know how the time slots will be for access into the building? Is it so many per hour, or once capacity is reached, new folks will be allowed in as others have left? I am torn whether to even try for merchandise.

Suchit from CA on June 14th, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Thanks for your answers Erin!! Like Mark mentioned, Michelle hasn’t been responding but thankfully you are! One more question, after the park opens at 9am, are there any events taking place within the California Adventure? Specifically, when is the park re-dedication supposed to take place, and where? Other than the re-dedication, are there any other big events that we as the public can attend after park opening? Thanks again!