Paradise Pier at Disney California Adventure Park

Just Announced: Halloween Time and Mickey’s Halloween Party Dates at Disneyland Resort; Tickets on Sale Soon

posted on June 25th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Mickey’s Costume Party Cavalcade at Disneyland Park

Mark your calendars, because Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort is coming – September 14 through October 31! Yes, I know it’s only June, but it’s never too early to start planning your Halloween fun. Disneyland park will be the ultimate “neighborhood” for Trick-or-Treating during Mickey’s Halloween Party on the following dates and times:

• Friday, September 28 – 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
  • Tuesday, October 2 – 6 to 11 p.m.
  • Friday, October 5 – 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
  • Tuesday, October 9 – 6 to 11 p.m.
  • Friday, October 12 – 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
  • Monday, October 15 – 6 to 11 p.m.
  • Friday, October 19 – 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
  • Tuesday, October 23 – 6 to 11 p.m.
  • Friday, October 26 – 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
  • Monday, October 29 – 6 to 11 p.m.
  • Wednesday, October 31 – 6 to 11 p.m.

So start planning your costumes now, and join us at Mickey’s Halloween Party for:

• Halloween Screams fireworks spectacular, exclusively for Mickey’s Halloween Party guests
  • Admission to the Disneyland park up to 3 hours prior to the event’s start time
  • Meet-and-greets with your Disney and Pixar pals and Disney Villains
  • Special treat stations offering both yummy candy and healthy goodies
  • Mickey’s Costume Party Cavalcade
  • Special dance parties
  • Access to nearly all attractions, including all the Halloween-themed attractions such as Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday

Tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party go on sale for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders on July 9 and for the general public on July 16, so check here on or after those dates to purchase yours. Each ticket is valid for admission to the event and parking for one (1) vehicle (larger vehicles may require an additional fee) on the specified event date. Remember – get your tickets early and save!

Read more news from Disneyland park in the posts below:

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Makenzie on June 25th, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I’m so excited! I’ve been waiting for this news for a while. Went for the first time last year and it was the BEST. If you’ve never gone and are considering it, don’t hesitate.

Tanya on June 25th, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I was expecting it to be at California Adventure again, and I’m over the moon it will be at Disneyland! I’ve been checking the blog every day for weeks hoping this was getting announced soon. Can’t wait!

Christopher on June 25th, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Favorite time of the year and Favorite event of the year…So exicted….

Craig from FL on June 25th, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I notice “Halloween Time” starts on Friday September 14th, but the first Halloween Party isn’t until the 28th… What will be happening during those first two weeks? I ask because we will be visiting from September 7th – 15th and we are hoping to partake in the Halloween fun!

Erin Glover on June 25th, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Craig – There’s lots to do and see during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, even if you aren’t able to attend Mickey’s Halloween Party. Here’s what Halloween Time includes, starting Sept. 14:

• Haunted Mansion Holiday
  • Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy
  • Special Halloween decorations throughout Disneyland park, including unique carved pumpkins on Main Street, U.S.A.
  • Meet-and-greets with the Disney Villains
  • Dia De Los Muertos at Rancho del Zocalo

Anthony on June 25th, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I have my premium annual pass ready :D

Jason on June 25th, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Halloween time just means all the decorations plus the haunted mansion holiday overlay plus ghost galaxy space mountain so you’ll get everything but the special ticketed event stuff(which is well worth the ticket if it was running during your visit).

Gerry on June 25th, 2012 at 4:21 pm

re: reply
Of course, you meant Haunted Mansion HOLIDAY

Lyndie from UT on June 25th, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Will Disney Visa Card holder be able to take advantage jus
t as the APRs do?

Erin Glover on June 27th, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Disney Visa Card holders and Disney Vacation Club members may purchase tickets at the same price as Annual Passholders. Please note that savings only apply to tickets purchased in advance.

Michael on June 25th, 2012 at 5:00 pm

So does the park close to guests not attending “Mickey’s Halloween Party” ?

Michael on June 25th, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Also, I was really hoping they’d be showing Fanstasmic on Friday September 28th (when we are going)… so if they don’t close the park to regular guests on “Mickey’s Halloween Party” nights, does anyone know if they cancel Fantasmic?

Jennifer on June 25th, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Anyone been to both DL and WDW Halloween parties? Any opinons on which is “better?” Is Halloween-ish a good time to plan a first visit to DL?

Kara on June 25th, 2012 at 6:11 pm

I, too, was wondering if Disney Visa cardholders will be able to get a discounted rate like they have in the past? (I’m hoping so since this will be our first year to take part in Mickey’s Halloween Party!)

Erin Glover on June 27th, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Yes – as long as the tickets are purchased in advance.

Andy on June 25th, 2012 at 7:47 pm

We just booked last week to be in the park for 5 days from October 22. Will Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion be closed off from us because we didn’t buy the Halloween party passes? Please help!

Erin Glover on June 27th, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Don’t worry, Andy. Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday will be open to regular park guests, outside of Mickey’s Halloween Party.

Erica on June 25th, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I wonder how much the tickets will go up this year as to compared to last years prices. I know last year they raised the price from the previous year quite a bit.

Kolina from AZ on June 25th, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Is there also going to be a discount for Disney Visa cardholders or Disney Vacation Club members?

Michael on June 25th, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Jennifer – I have been to both and I prefer DL. The Screams firework show is better and you get the special DL holiday overlay to Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain. WDW does not change the decorations for both of those rides

Chrystal on June 25th, 2012 at 10:04 pm

How much are tickets usually? For Passholders and Gerneral, if there is a difference in price?

Erin Glover on June 27th, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Chrystal – Ticket prices are listed here.

Jenn on June 26th, 2012 at 12:10 am

@ Michael (post 10) – They DO close park to non-event ticket guests. They put wristbands on us last year and if you were not wearing one you were asked to leave at 4 pm. They monitored the “lands” after that and if you passed a cast member who noticed you had not paid to attend you were not allowed forward. Only fair since those who attended paid an extra $40 a head to be there.

Noel on June 26th, 2012 at 11:38 am

Hi Erin,
Just wondering if you know when Christmas dates will be announced? My fiance and I are taking our honeymoon at Disneyland the 10-18th of November, don’t want to miss all the beautiful holiday decorations! Thanks!

Erin Glover on June 27th, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Stay tuned, Noel! We’ll have information on Holidays at the Disneyland Resort soon.

stefanie on June 26th, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Hi!
I am so excited about Halloween, I am an annual passholder, and was planning on bringing my two year old…does she get in free or do I need to purchase her a ticket, as well? Also, do I have to purchase a separate ticket, for non annual passholders? My brother and his family will be attending with me but they are not annual passholders.

Erin Glover on June 27th, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Stefanie – Glad to hear you’ll be joining us! Children 2 and younger do not need a ticket for Mickey’s Halloween Party.

Your party members who are not Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders will be required to purchase tickets at the general rate – but remember you can still save on tickets by purchasing them in advance.

Patricia on June 26th, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Okay, I am confused. I thought that costumes were never allowed in the parks…but they are allowed on these special days?

Where can I find more info on the rules governing this?

Erin Glover on June 27th, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Patricia – Costumes are not permitted during regular park hours, but there is an exception for Mickey’s Halloween Party. You can see official guidelines on costumes during Mickey’s Halloween Party here.

Andy on June 27th, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Thanks Erin. Are there any benefits to being Disneyland Hotel guests or do most people have to shuffle over to California Adventure when Mickey’s Party starts?

Jennifer on June 29th, 2012 at 2:39 pm

To Post 11 Jennifer – It is a great time to do DL. Agree with Michael that DL’s Halloween fireworks are better and I love Space Mtn Ghost Galaxy. But WDW’s Boo to You parade is probably my favorite Disney parade. Mickey’s Costume Party Cavalcade is cute -but no Headless Horseman or Dancing Grave Diggers.

Melanie from AB on July 1st, 2012 at 1:42 pm

we are arrving on Oct 21 2012and were looking to go on the Happiest Haunts tour. Will the tour and the party be offered as a package this year. I really don’t want to miss out on getting a ticket to the party if we wait to see if can get the tour.

Ned on July 2nd, 2012 at 10:58 am

Hi all, What is the expected date for Ghost Galaxy to open ? Is it in September or October ? Oh, same question for Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Kalyn on July 6th, 2012 at 7:10 pm

I am probably just missing something here, but I can’t figure out if you need a park ticket AND the Halloween Party ticket for the Halloween Party, or just the Party ticket…does anyone else know??
-Thanks