Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Resort

New Disney•Pixar Stamps Celebrated at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

posted on June 1st, 2012 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

“New

If you haven’t seen, the newest “Mail a Smile” stamps from the U.S. Postal Service feature some familiar faces – all popular Disney•Pixar characters.
“Jo

Dedication Ceremony at Disney's Art of Animation Resort for the New Disney•Pixar 'Mail a Smile' Stamps Dedication Ceremony at Disney's Art of Animation Resort for the New Disney•Pixar 'Mail a Smile' Stamps Dedication Ceremony at Disney's Art of Animation Resort for the New Disney•Pixar 'Mail a Smile' Stamps Dedication Ceremony at Disney's Art of Animation Resort for the New Disney•Pixar 'Mail a Smile' Stamps

And this morning, there was a special “First-Day-of-Issue” dedication ceremony at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort to celebrate the issuance of these beautiful stamps. Jay Ward, Legacy Guardian for Pixar Animation Studios, joined Postal Service workers at our resort to dedicate the stamps. The sheets includes five different designs:

So, which Disney•Pixar stamp makes you smile? Tell us in the comments.

Check out these posts to learn more about Disney’s Art of Animation Resort:

Filed: Hotels & Resorts, Walt Disney World Resort

9 Comments 1 Reply

Fred from CA on June 1st, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I’m really glad to see that “A Bug’s Life” got some love and was included.

Andy on June 1st, 2012 at 2:36 pm

A bugs life made me the happiest! Is there anyway we can order a first day cover? Will they have them on sale at the resort? I wish I had known about this earlier as I would have switched my work days off! So cool!

Thomas Smith on June 1st, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Hi Andy, The Postal Service offers first-day covers for new stamp issues and Postal Service stationery items postmarked with the official first-day-of-issue cancellation. Each item has an individual catalog number and is offered in the quarterly USA Philatelic Catalog, online at usps.com/shop or by calling 800-782-6724.

Lisa from WI on June 1st, 2012 at 2:59 pm

No Disney stamps were displayed at the Post Office, so I asked. These are the ones I purchased. The clerk even had to log them into inventory before I was able to buy them. The Flick one is my favorite.

Marc from NY on June 1st, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Just ordered my stamps! I can’t wait to get them!

Craig on June 2nd, 2012 at 9:08 am

That was not Dot, it’s Princess Atta !

Craig on June 2nd, 2012 at 9:15 am

Just to clarify, the Disney rep. said Dot was at the ceremony and it was Princess Atta. Dot is on the stamp.

Krista on June 2nd, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I just not too long ago got the first set of Pixar stamps “Send a Hello.” Now you are going to force me to get these too :D . My favorite of all the Disney stamps were “The Art of Disney Romance.” They were so pretty. I wish I got more at the time but they must have been pretty popular because they were the only ones sold out when I went back to get more.

Anonymous on June 3rd, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Andy,

Per the official press release, here’s all of the ordering information:

How to Order the First-Day-of-Issue Postmark

Customers have 60 days to obtain the first-day-of-issue postmark by mail. They may purchase new stamps at a local Post Office, online at usps shop or by calling 800-STAMP-24. They should affix the stamps to envelopes of their choice, address the envelopes to themselves or others and place them in a larger envelope addressed to:

Mail a Smile Stamp
Main Office — Orlando
10401 Post Office Drive
Orlando, FL 32862-9998

After applying the first-day-of-issue postmark, the Postal Service will return the envelopes by mail. There is no charge for the postmark. All orders must be postmarked by Aug. 1, 2012.

How to Order First-Day Covers

The Postal Service also offers first-day covers for new stamp issues and Postal Service stationery items postmarked with the official first-day-of-issue cancellation. Each item has an individual catalog number and is offered in the quarterly USA Philatelic Catalog, online at usps.com/shop or by calling 800-782-6724. Customers may request a free catalog by calling 800-782-6724 or writing to:

U.S. Postal Service Catalog Request
PO Box 219014
Kansas City, MO 64121-9014
Philatelic Products

There are nine philatelic products available for this stamp issue:

470063, First-Day Cover Set of 5, $4.45.
470066, Postcards (20) 4 of each design, $15.95.
470067, First-Day-of-Sale Set of 5, $4.45.
470068, Digital Color Postmark (DCP) Set of 5, $8.
470084, Uncut Press Sheets, $36.
470091, Ceremony Program (random single), $6.95.
470092, Stamp Deck Card, $0.95.
470094, Stamp Deck Card w/DCP (random single), $1.95.
470099, Cancellation Keepsake (Random DCP w/Pane), $10.95.

Mark