Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Happy Holidays from Disneyland Resort Paris

New Dooney & Bourke Items Releasing on July 14 at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on June 17th, 2012 by Erin Catalano, Merchandise Communication Specialist, Walt Disney World Resort

“New

In early May, we released two new Dooney & Bourke collections at Disneyland Resort during a special release party at Disney Vault 28. I have some good news for guests who couldn’t attend that party. Mark your calendars for July 14, as we will be releasing two new collections at TrendD in the Downtown Disney Marketplace at Walt Disney World Resort. Similar to that May event in California, we have invited Ian Ray, creative director for Dooney & Bourke, and Disney Design Group artist Susan Foy to join us for the party. I asked Laura Caszatt, Product Developer for accessories, about these new items.

“We are excited to add these new collections to our popular Dooney & Bourke line,” said Laura. “We are releasing a retro print for Walt Disney World Resort and a pattern featuring Disney character charms. The response from guests continues to amaze me, so I’m hopeful people will like these fun, new designs.”
“New

Like the retro print for Disneyland Resort, the artwork for the Walt Disney World Resort pattern was created by Susan Foy. She showed me the original artwork, and I was impressed with the intricate details. I could tell that she spent a lot of time with the artwork, especially when looking at Cinderella Castle.

There will be a variety of styles released for the retro print including a new tassel bag, satchel, cross-body letter carrier, barrel bag, wristlet and, my favorite, the tablet case. Retails will range from $85-$285 depending on style.
“New

The charm pattern, designed by artist Courtney Williams, will be made with a black and a white background. The black background pattern will see a pocket tote, satchel, wristlet and tablet case; while the white background will have a letter carrier, wristlet and barrel bag.
“New

Finally, Laura shared with me something in development – a nylon version of the classic sketch print. She said that a frequently requested backpack will be released, along with a satchel, letter carrier and pocket satchel. At time of press, Laura was hoping to have the nylon items available for the release party, but she cautioned they may arrive afterward.

TrenD will open at 9:30 a.m. on July 14. The meet and greet opportunity with Ian and Susan will be held from 11 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. I hope to see you there!

Read more news about shopping at Walt Disney World Resort in the posts below:

Filed: Downtown Disney, Walt Disney World Resort

Bridget on June 17th, 2012 at 9:53 am

Absolutely love the retro print bags!! Will they by chance be available online to purchase?

Erin Catalano on June 21st, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Hi Bridget! Yes, the Walt Disney World Retro Collection will be available online at DisneyParks.com/Store this fall. Look for the collection to arrive in October!

Steven Miller on July 5th, 2012 at 11:12 am

I thought some of you may be interested in this information. If you are unable to attend the release party for the new Dooney & Bourke items on July 14, a limited number of bags will be available for pre-order from our Walt Disney Event Services team.

You can contact them by calling 407-827-7600. They are open Monday thru Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Please note that all pre-orders must be placed with Walt Disney Event Services no later than Friday, July 13, 2012 by 3:00 p.m. EST

Kathleen A from RI on June 17th, 2012 at 12:05 pm

So excited for NYLON bags!!!!

Debbie on June 17th, 2012 at 12:47 pm

I can’t wait to see these in person. A backpack will be the perfect next purchase. Thank you for sharing the heads up.

Katie on June 17th, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Hi Erin,

Do you know the price range and what styles there will be for the new sketch nylon line, and is that a phone pouch in the first picture? I am SOOO excited for these collections to arrive and I’m hoping the sketch will be released on July 14th. I will DEFINITELY be there! :D Thanks so much for posting pictures and an update on this fabulous collection!

Erin Catalano on June 21st, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Hi Katie – I’m so glad to hear that you like the new collections! Personally, I’m partial to the Retro print! The retails on the Retro print and the Disney Charms collection range from $85.00 – $285.00.
And yes, that is phone pouch in the opening picture!

Amanda on June 17th, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Any idea when and if they will be available for sale online?

Erin Catalano on June 21st, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Look for the new collections to arrive online at DisneyParks.com/Store later this fall!

Andrea on June 17th, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Love the new retro purses, can’t wait to get one!. Are the new retro D&B collections (DL and WDW) an open series, meaning they will be sold for a long period of time? I just want to make sure I will be able to pick one up when I visit the parks in November. Thanks!

Erin Catalano on June 21st, 2012 at 1:31 pm

You and me both! I can’t wait to get the Retro iPad case! As of now, the Retro collections are open edition. If you don’t want to wait to get one until November, checkout DisneyParks.com/Store in October!

Jennifer on June 17th, 2012 at 10:36 pm

I cannot wait!! I just hugged my laptop. :) So excited for these.

RUTH on June 18th, 2012 at 12:09 am

Will the backpack eventually be available at Disneyland? It’s definitely the style I’ve been holding out for. :-)

Erin Catalano on June 21st, 2012 at 1:33 pm

You’re in luck, Ruth! The Sketch Nylon Backpack will be releasing at Disneyland in mid/late July!

Vanessa on June 18th, 2012 at 8:32 am

Yes!!!! Do we know if the bags will be available online? or how long they will be made for?? I’m going in November.. I hope they will still be available when I go!!

Lynn from NC on June 18th, 2012 at 8:58 am

Yeah! A Dooney & Bourke with Donald – I love it! I have been thinking about a backpack bag, it might as well be a Dooney.

Shannon on June 18th, 2012 at 9:26 am

Yeah, I love all of it and I’m so excited I will be down there then. I really hope the backpack will be available, I’ve been wanting a new one and a Dooney & Bourke would be perfect!

Vanessa on June 29th, 2012 at 9:33 am

Do we happen to know when the backpack will be available?? I have a sneaking suspicion those are going to go really fast….

Jennifer on July 13th, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Will all retro WDW designs be available online? I won’t be able to go make it down anytime soon.