Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Stretch Painting

Shirts Are Perfect Companions When Visiting Disney Parks

posted on June 13th, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

“Companion

I was recently taking photos at Downtown Disney and spotted the shirts pictured above at World of Disney. They reminded me of companion shirts that we used to carry like “I’m with Grumpy” or “I’m with Dopey.” I spoke with Katie Patton, Associate Product Developer for softlines, who gave me some insight into the development of the new styles.

“We wanted to re-introduce companion shirts as they are a fun way for friends, partners or significant others to dress alike when visiting Disney,” Katie explained. “They were designed by a professional intern with Disney Design Group named Brooke Brayson Gautreaux, and they have been quite popular since being introduced.”

Katie said they are currently only carried in a handful of locations at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort (and via the Disney Parks online store). Their popularity, however, means they will be found in additional locations in the coming months.
“Tweedle

The “I’ll Be” shirts were positioned alongside two new shirts featuring Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum from “Alice in Wonderland.” According to Katie, they are “a test item to see what kinds of designs guests may like.”

I’m personally looking for the “I’ll Be Your Tron” and “I’ll Be Your Yori” shirts. I’m doubtful that will happen, but wouldn’t that be something?

Check out more news about Disney Parks merchandise in the posts below:

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

John on June 13th, 2012 at 10:04 am

Any news on the Orange Bird Earhats or other Orange Bird merchandise coming soon?? =)

Steven Miller on June 13th, 2012 at 3:49 pm

@John – I spoke with the ear hat team who said that the in-warehouse date for the Orange Bird ears is now September. It was pushed back by a few weeks due to unforeseen circumstances. We are working toward a confirmed release date. I do know that it will be sold at Magic Kingdom once released. More to come.

Barbara from MI on June 13th, 2012 at 10:08 am

I love the Tweedle Dee and Dum shirts. Where’s Donald and Daisy–one with anger management issues & the other a complete fashionista? That IS today’s society. LOL

Kelly on June 13th, 2012 at 10:42 am

My twin sister and I love the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum shirts! Any chance they’ll be released in women’s sizes?

Steven Miller on June 13th, 2012 at 3:47 pm

@Kelly – I don’t know of any plans for women’s sizes of the Tweedle Dee / Tweedle Dum shirts. Sorry.

Sean on June 13th, 2012 at 11:06 am

Love these, our son has one that says “I’m with Goofy” with a hand pointing to the left. Guess who he always wants walking on his left :).

Karen on June 13th, 2012 at 11:33 am

Looking at the online store…cannot find the “I’ll be your Minnie” shirt… :(

Steven Miller on June 13th, 2012 at 3:46 pm

@Karen – Here is a direct link to the “I’ll Be Your Minnie” shirt:

And here is the direct link to the “I’ll Be Your Mickey” shirt:

Jessica on June 13th, 2012 at 11:37 am

I love the companion shirts! I’d love to see Disney do “family” shirts. Something clever the whole family could wear similiar to these. I know I would be the first to purchase!

Rochelle from FL on June 13th, 2012 at 12:57 pm

The “I’ll be” shirts were for sale at Hollywood Studios this past weekend.

Pamela on June 13th, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I love them!!!! We are coming in December….Will be fun to purchase and wear them!

Alison on June 13th, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Love ‘em! Would be cute to see some villain/sidekick ones I’m with Hook/I’m with Smee, I’m with I’m with Gaston/I’m with LeFou. I’m with Scar/I’m with idiots (hee hee!). :)

Amanda on June 13th, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Any chance these will come in women’s plus sizes?

Steven Miller on June 15th, 2012 at 4:27 pm

@Amanda – I checked with the development team and they do not have plans at this time. Sorry.

Matt on June 15th, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I would like a shirt with Scar that says “I’m surrounded by idiots!” with a shirt of the hyenas that says “idiot”. I would proudly wear the “idiot” shirt in my family haha.