Star Tours at Disney's Hollywood Studios

All in the Details: Mosaics Tell a ‘Tale as Old as Time’ at Be Our Guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Park

posted on July 3rd, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

This week, our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering have shared a few photos from inside one of our readers’ most anticipated areas of New Fantasyland – the Be Our Guest Restaurant!

In addition to an artfully planned menu, it looks like the elegant decor and the tiny references to the “Beauty and The Beast” film will really make this dining experience magical.

The Floor of Be Our Guest Restaurant in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park

An elegant floor mosaic, which depicts Beast’s enchanted rose trimmed in gold, will welcome guests to the restaurant.
A Wall Mosaic in Be Our Guest Restaurant in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park

Lovely tile mosaics also adorn the walls and tell Belle and Beast’s love story through their colorful pictures.
The Doorway of Be Our Guest Restaurant in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park

And while I can’t get you in to dine just yet, I can get you to the doorway, which is highlighted with intricate columns. Notice the deep cracks at the top? Could that be some of the damage that was done to the castle when Beast was turned, well, into a beast?

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and follow @WaltDisneyWorld on Twitter for the latest on the New Fantasyland expansion. While you’re on Twitter, join in the conversation by using the hashtag #NewFantasyland.

Check out more posts in the “All in the Details” series from Walt Disney Imagineering:

Filed: Disney Dining, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Danielle on July 3rd, 2012 at 10:08 am

Wow. Stunning. Those chandeliers really set the mood, and the mosaic/stained glass are gorgeous. So hoping to get a reservation here in December! Jennifer–can I ask you an unrelated question? With the opening of the new Fantasyland (especially Dumbo and all it’s fabulous nighttime lighting) any chance we will see those Glow with the Show style ears at WDW? I hear the ears interact with some of the new elements in Carsland and was thinking that would be cool to see in the new Fantasyland.

Christine on July 3rd, 2012 at 10:12 am

While I love seeing the pictures, the white text against them is really difficult to read, in both the Mosaics post and the Port Orleans one.

Courtney on July 3rd, 2012 at 12:03 pm

any idea when it will open?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 5th, 2012 at 9:59 am

It’s set to open in Holidays 2012.

Katie on July 3rd, 2012 at 3:53 pm

What will the new French/Beauty and the Beast shop in new Fantasyland be like? What kinds of things will be sold there? …hopefully “real-life” Lumiere, Cogsworth, and Mrs. Potts like what Disney released for the Diamond edition DVD! (Really..please do that!)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 5th, 2012 at 10:01 am

I’ll ask our Merchandise author, Steven Miller, if he has an update.

Terry on July 3rd, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Great pictures! Actually, the cracks you mentioned aren’t really cracks caused by damage- they’re seams between carved ‘stone’ archway pieces. A good friend of mine, who’s an old-world stonework craftsman, pointed it out to me.

Danny on July 4th, 2012 at 12:04 am

Looking forward to when the Be Our Guest Restaurant opens! I understand more details will be forthcoming in August regarding making reservations. I am hoping that it will be open as early as Thanksgiving! We really like what the Imagineers are doing with the new Fantasyland!

Rebecca on July 4th, 2012 at 1:04 am

OMG!! I am Sooo Excited!! Should make it a meet and greet like the chip and dale characters, or winnie the pooh :D OMG!!!I CANT WAIT!!!

jennifer on July 4th, 2012 at 8:41 am

I love seeing all the updates you provide. Look forward to August when I can make my ADR’s for my Ringing in the New Year trip. Have we seen where Lumiere will be since he is the one I can hear singing “Be our Guest, be our guest, put our service to the test….”!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 5th, 2012 at 10:00 am

Have a wonderful trip. I’m looking forward to making reservations, too!

Edwin on July 4th, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Awesome! Planning to have Christmas Dinner there.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 5th, 2012 at 10:00 am

That will be one memorable Christmas dinner!

Lauren on July 5th, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Thanks Jennifer for another great post. I have a question. While I love and look forward to your weekly “All in the Details” column, can we get an update/blog post/new information on Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid separate from this weekly column? I feel like we’ve gotten a lot of information lately on Be Our Guest Restaurant, but still don’t know that much in depth info on the Little Mermaid areas of the expansion. Thanks so much as always.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 6th, 2012 at 8:31 am

Lauren – I think you’ll really enjoy next week’s post, in this case! :)

Krista on July 5th, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Hi we are going to be at Disney World Sept. 22-28th and hoping to be able to eat at the new places, and see all the new attractions! My 3 children(ages: daughter 6yrs,sons 3 and 1yrs) are so excited to go! My husband and I are going to be celebrating our 10yr anniversary there and are equally excited! I hope that the Be Our Guest will be open then and hopefully we can get in as we are unable to get into Cinderella’s Royal Table to eat. We can;t wait we have already started the countdown 78 days!

amy on July 6th, 2012 at 12:45 am

Hello! Hoping to celebrate my daughter’s 3rd birthday in this amazing place. Any idea the price range for lunch so we can start saving our pennies?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 6th, 2012 at 8:30 am

Let me ask…

Amanda on July 6th, 2012 at 7:46 am

If they were cracks in the pillars, it could also have been caused by Forte, Beast’s organ when he tries to destroy the castle in Belle’s Enchanted Christmas. My little girl has probably already watched that at least 7 times this summer.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 6th, 2012 at 8:30 am

Good call, Amanda. Sounds like your daughter is a huge fan.

Jennifer on July 6th, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Do we know if the “Socerers of the Magic Kingdom” game is going to be integrated into the New Fantasyland? Will they extend the portals out there and change where you fight Ursula?

Jessica on July 8th, 2012 at 3:52 pm

These pictures are just beautiful! I cannot wait until the moment I enter this restaurant for the first time! Beauty and the Beast is my all time favorite Disney movie so this is so exciting for me.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 10th, 2012 at 2:21 pm

That’s great to hear, Jessica!

Sandra on July 9th, 2012 at 8:32 am

Is there any new updates on The under The Sea ride in the New Fantasy Land. We will be there in mid November. Thanks for your time and information.

Christeen on July 9th, 2012 at 5:58 pm

There is a similar tile floor in Town Square Theater and it has not held up so well, You can see a lot of “settling” of the individual tiles which creates obvious lines in the decorative pattern…I really hope the Rose can withstand the amount of traffic it will receive because it is so beautiful.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 10th, 2012 at 2:21 pm

It is lovely!

Kimberly on July 10th, 2012 at 11:58 am

Will the dishes be the same as they are in the movie?

*If so, This means that die-hard fans, such as myself, will have a extreme desire to buy your dishes!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 10th, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Pam previously mentioned that china will be used in this location, but there’s no info yet on the pattern. You can read her post here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/chef-of-be-our-guest-restaurant-in-new-fantasyland-shares-his-favorites-from-the-menu/

amy on July 11th, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Any luck finding out the price range, Jennifer? Thanks!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 11th, 2012 at 4:48 pm

I did ask – no word back just yet.

Lisa on July 17th, 2012 at 9:57 pm

The rose mosaic is too beautiful to walk on!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 18th, 2012 at 8:47 am

It’s lovely, isn’t it?

Lisa from ON on July 21st, 2012 at 8:10 am

Do you know if this will be a character dining restaurant with Belle and the Beast?