Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Happy Holidays from Disney's Hollywood Studios Park at Walt Disney World Resort

An Update About Merchandise for the 30th Anniversary of Epcot

posted on July 16th, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

A Shirt Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Epcot

One celebration I’m looking forward to this fall is the 30th anniversary of Epcot, which takes place on October 1, 2012. A few months ago, I gave you a first look at artwork created by Disney Design Group for merchandise we will be releasing. While we haven’t finalized all items or release plans at this point, I’m happy to share another look at items that are coming soon. I caught up with product developer Mary Myers to learn more.
'Epcot 82' Merchandise Celebrates the 30th Anniversary of Epcot

In recent years, Mary has developed theme park logo merchandise for Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot. She recently kicked off the 30th anniversary a little early by releasing new items under the “Epcot 82” banner. I found the shirts shown above at Mouse Gear in Future World.
Upcoming Merchandise Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Epcot

This fall, Mary will introduce four new shirts and a mesh baseball cap. The artwork was created using the style guide originally made for pins. I love the shirt in the lead image as it reminds me of the attraction poster and a shirt I once owned as a child. (The colors in this shirt are amazing.)
Upcoming Pins Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Epcot

Speaking of pins, we recently received several final samples, including the Passholder-exclusive limited edition and open edition pins. I like the stained glass effect of the “I Was There” pin that has Mickey Mouse and Figment sporting their 1980s outer space attire. That stained glass effect looks even better on the super jumbo-sized pin.
Upcoming Merchandise Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Epcot

One item I’m adding to my collection is the “toothpick holder” set that has logos from some of my favorite Future World pavilions, including Horizons (yes!!).

Stay tuned for additional details about the release of these items as we get closer to October 1.

Read these posts for more news about merchandise at Epcot:

Filed: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

William on July 21st, 2012 at 9:28 am

Y’know what I want? I want a shirt that is printed ALL OVER – front, back, sides, sleeves, everything – with the Spaceship Earth triangles which can be seen in the background of photo 3 (the one with the 4 t-shirts). On the left breast, in the “nametag” position, put the Epcot30 logo.

Done. Perfect. Priceless.

Alvin from IN on July 21st, 2012 at 12:49 pm

when will the epcot items be available at disney world…i will be down august 22-28. thanks!

Aaron on July 22nd, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Hi Steven – thanks for all the feedback and responses! Sorry if I missed the answer if it was given, but will these items be available in-park prior to, or ON the 30th anniversary? Or a mixture of online/in-park? LOVE the items featuring the classic EPCOT CENTER “icons”!

I, too, would love to see more books, music, home-video material of EPCOT Center through the years. It has always been my favorite park, due to its forward-thinking and inspirational nature. It has been somewhat disappointing to see the direction and focus change a bit over recent years, with the replacement of attractions as Horizons, World of Motion, The Living Seas (original) and Communicore, but I understand how things do need to change and be modified as time goes by. I sincerely hope that the Imagineers can rekindle the magic and wonder of EPCOT’s original purpose that I felt as a kid going through such attractions and dreaming of the future as I rode home.

EPCOT Center is very dear to me and I am very much looking forward to the 30th Anniversary Celebration.

Megan on July 23rd, 2012 at 11:03 am

Is there going to be anything special occurring in EPCOT that day for the anniversary? Other than this merchandise? It’s my favorite park and I would love to be there for its 30th but it’s a long trek and I’d have to miss work. Need just a little nudge of convincing!

Gregory on July 25th, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Hopefully we’ll be able to get these at the disney store or for order ahead of time. My older daughter turns 9 on that day.

Jonathan on August 9th, 2012 at 3:29 pm

REALLY want to know more about that amazing red Figment Epcot shirt!! I called the WDW Merchandising number today hoping to buy it, but they don’t even have SKU information currently. Any news on when these will be available? My family is arriving on September 4-11 and I will be sorely disappointed if this shirt isn’t available by then!