Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Attraction Poster

Celtic Mickey Mouse Jewelry Coming to United Kingdom Pavilion at Epcot

posted on July 18th, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

A Celtic Mickey Mouse Necklace Coming to the United Kingdom Pavilion at Epcot

I was recently asked by a Disney Parks Blog reader if we have any Celtic jewelry featuring Mickey Mouse. I visited Sylvie Brumbaugh, product developer for World Showcase, to find the answer. She is responsible for the merchandise found at the United Kingdom Pavilion at Epcot (you may recall our recent conversation about Beatles merchandise). Sylvie was delighted to share that three new Celtic jewelry items will soon be introduced at the pavilion in late August.

“For the past few years, the United Kingdom Pavilion at Epcot has offered a selection of sterling silver jewelry by Kit Heath,” explained Sylvie. “This is the first time that we are introducing necklaces and earrings that have a Celtic design inspired by Mickey Mouse.”
Celtic Mickey Mouse Jewelry Coming to the United Kingdom Pavilion at Epcot

Sylvie said these designs have been in development for a few years. The artwork for the designs was originally created by artists at Disney Design Group. The new items join an expanding assortment of Kit Heath jewelry offered at the pavilion.

Once released, they will only be found in the jewelry room located between the Queen’s Table and the Lords & Ladies shops in the United Kingdom Pavilion. They won’t be offered via the Disney Parks online store. If you are interested, the best option would be to contact our Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Merchandise Guest Services team at 1-877-560-6477 or via email – merchandiseguestservices@disney.go.com.

Check out these posts for more news about merchandise available at Epcot:

Filed: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

Kimberly from MA on July 18th, 2012 at 10:35 am

I’m Irish & French…. I MUST own one of these necklaces!! They are beautiful!!

Lynsie on July 18th, 2012 at 10:51 am

I’m so glad to see more merchandise like this at Epcot, things that represent both the country AND Disney World in some way. I think its neat to find items that are unique to the country, like the teas in UK, tequilas in Mexico, or the steins in Germany, but if I wanted an authentic kimono I’d rather go straight to the real Japan. I love that they are now incorporating Mickey or some other Disney-theme into the World Showcase merchandise. Like the new ears I saw during my last visit. One for each country, I love it!

Steven Miller on July 18th, 2012 at 5:16 pm

@Lynsie – I’m glad you like the shopping at World Showcase. It’s one of my favorite places to shop. And if you are going to Japan, please take me! I so want to go back; it’s been 10 years since my last visit.

Katie on July 18th, 2012 at 11:00 am

haha I’m that parks blog reader that asked you about the jewelry! :) Thank you so much for posting these pictures! They look awesome. I’m still waiting for that Mickey Mouse Claddagh ring though!!!! Can you pass that on to Sylvie? ;)

Steven Miller on July 18th, 2012 at 5:17 pm

@Katie – I’m happy to read your note! I thought you may like the designs. I will share your feedback with Sylvie.

Lisa on July 18th, 2012 at 11:18 am

Katie– I’m with you! I would TOTALLY buy a Mickey Claddagh ring!!! Fingers Crossed! :)

Katie on July 18th, 2012 at 11:36 am

On that Mickey claddagh ring I mentioned – I’m even going to take it up a notch – in addition to the mickey hands (like the one you can find doing an internet search), I think it would be awesome if instead of a crown, it was a pair of Mickey Mouse ears (ear hat)… because really, Disney loyalty is the best kind :)

JoAnn from ND on July 18th, 2012 at 11:48 am

Will they be available in gold?

Steven Miller on July 18th, 2012 at 5:22 pm

@JoAnn – I’ve only seen them in silver at this time. I don’t know of plans to offer in gold. Sorry.

Jill on July 18th, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Do we have pricing
I have tried to get the claddagh shipped from Japan but no luck yet

Steven Miller on July 24th, 2012 at 5:31 pm

@Jill and Jayson – I just received pricing information about these items today. There will actually be four different items (please note retails are subject to change without notice).

Earrings – $44.95
Necklace pictured next to earrings shown above – $44.95

The necklace in first image above will have two different sizes and will be presented in a box:

Medium – $70.00
X-Large – $90.00

Laura from MI on July 18th, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Is there any one out there who knows any history of Disney jewelry? I have been collecting it for years. I have about 1700 pieces but would like to find out what else is out there. I have been to a lot of shows and talked with tons of Disney collectors but no one knows anything about Disney jewelry. There have been many different designers and companies who have made Disney jewelry and I would love to find out more about it!

Arlene from NJ on July 18th, 2012 at 1:20 pm

I will absolutely be buying these in Oct. I would also buy the ring. Great idea, Katie!

Jonathan on July 18th, 2012 at 1:37 pm

In regards to upcoming merchandise (but off topic of Celtic jewelry), do you know when you’ll have an update on all of the Haunted Mansion halloween merchandise? I checked out that post last night and you had said you had hoped to have an update in July…(Comments had closed for that post..otherwise I would have asked there). Thanks!

Steven Miller on July 18th, 2012 at 5:26 pm

@Jonathan – No worries. I’ve actually been working on such an article about Halloween. We have received several final samples of merchandise to which I’ve been photographing for the past week or so. Look for an article before July ends. Much of the Halloween assortment will be set in locations around mid-August. Hope this is helpful.

Lisa on July 18th, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I will be buying one of these for myself when we’re down there for Christmas

Courtney on July 18th, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Count me in as another vote for a Mickey Claddagh ring. I think the ear hat instead of the crown is a brilliant idea, too! Love the idea, Katie!

Jami from PA on July 18th, 2012 at 2:24 pm

I can’t wait to go to Disney next month and see (and hopefully get!) one of these. Being Irish I do love Celtic stuff and being me, I love Disney.

Karen from MA on July 18th, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Love seeing these new jewelry items. Can’t wait to check them out!

Wendy on July 18th, 2012 at 4:37 pm

I I the only one who can’t see the images? Checked on my phone and computer

Steven Miller on July 18th, 2012 at 5:21 pm

@Wendy – Sorry for the image challenge. I’ve contacted the support team to get things resolved. I can say they look really cool :-) Please stay tuned. And the images should now appear again. Sorry for the brief delay in seeing them. I hope you like :-)

Tracy on July 18th, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I wish that you could get a version of Elinor/Merida’s necklace from Brave! Now that’s a beautiful piece of jewelry!

Noreen on July 18th, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Wendy . . . I found the images by just searching Google.

Love each of the pieces! I have to agree with Katie . . . Mickey ring would be amazing! I’d be willing to bet that it would sell out!

We’re headed down the end of September. I’ll be buying one of the necklaces!

Allison from TX on July 19th, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I’ll add another vote for the rings. My husband and I both love Disney (Just celebrated our 15th anniversary there in December) and currently have (boring?) Claddagh rings as our wedding rings. How cool would it be to replace our cheap, back when we were poor wedding rings, with rings that really represented US as a couple.

Carolyn from GA on July 19th, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Love these! Have bought several of the Kit Heath pieces at Epcot. Will be buying these if they’re out for our next trip in December!

Jayson from OR on July 22nd, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Any sense of the price on these?

Lisa on July 24th, 2012 at 12:31 pm

I love the second necklace and tried calling and emailing Disney Merchandise to see about ordering it. Both times, they said that the item doesn’t exist. Is there any information on when the item might become available?

Steven Miller on July 24th, 2012 at 5:33 pm

@Lisa – That is correct. They currently are not due to arrive until late August. I’m sorry for any confusion. Unfortunately, I do not have an exact date in August at this time. I did receive information about retails today which I shared in response to Jill’s question (#7).