Spaceship Earth at Epcot

Christmas in July at Walt Disney World Resort: We’re Already Prepping for Disney Holidays – Are You?

posted on July 25th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Christmas is still a few months away; however, a handful of cast members are already working behind the scenes to plan a very merry holiday season at Walt Disney World Resort.

Check out this sneak peek of what they’re already working on, including new holiday décor and fresh holiday merchandise offerings.

And speaking of the holidays, it’s never too early to start planning your seasonal fun at the Walt Disney World Resort. I just booked a Candlelight Dinner Package for my family. This year, we’ll be seeing first-time narrator Olivia Newton John, and having dinner at Via Napoli. Now, if I could only decide which night to buy tickets for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!

Check out these posts for more about celebrating the holidays at Walt Disney World Resort:

Filed: Walt Disney World Resort

Dustin on July 25th, 2012 at 11:22 am

WOW its crazy to think that they are already thinking as far as the holidays of 2013. Let me tell ya, the week after Thanksgiving to the week before Christmas is the perfect time to visit Walt Disney World resort because its not crowded at all, and all the holiday stuff is in full swing by then. Yeah, Mickey’s Very Merry does start early November, but Epcot doesn’t start the Peace on Earth special of Illuminations until after Thanksgiving, which, trust me, is well worth the month wait to see that extra ending to Illuminations at Epcot. I bet this department would be very fun to work for with Disney. Is it part of the imagineering team?

Diane on July 25th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Can’t wait to be there for the holidays!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 26th, 2012 at 10:33 am

It’s a lot of fun, isn’t it?

Bob on July 25th, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Another great “behind-the-magic” video! Loved seeing Steven Miller, too. :-) I think I need to get a job with Disney Theme Park Merchandise. A full-time Christmas room?! I would be in holiday heaven! :-D

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 26th, 2012 at 10:33 am

Andrea from FL on July 25th, 2012 at 12:44 pm

that’s awesome!!! Christmas and Disney…my 2 favorite things!!! :)

Luisa from FL on July 25th, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Amazing way to spent time this Christmas Season.

Kim from PA on July 25th, 2012 at 1:01 pm

126 days!!!

Nicholas on July 25th, 2012 at 2:32 pm

130 days for me!!

Suzanne from NY on July 25th, 2012 at 4:11 pm

We’ll be there on December 10th! Can’t wait!

Nicole on July 25th, 2012 at 4:39 pm

We will be at Walt Disney World December 7-10, and we can hardly wait! We already booked our Candlelight Processional dinner/VIP tickets and have tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party! I get tears in my eyes just thinking about the magic of the holidays AND the magic of Walt Disney World together!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 26th, 2012 at 10:33 am

The holidays are amazing here. It sounds like you have an excellent trip planned.

Dawn on July 25th, 2012 at 5:06 pm

We’ll be spending our Christmas vacation at Disney World this year and I can’t wait. This will be our 2nd trip to WDW but my parent’s first and we can’t wait to share this experience with them. Candlelight Processional with Gary Sinise and dinner at the Biergarten Restaurant, per dad’s request. Really looking forward to experiencing the Osbourne Family Lights as well. Hurry up Christmas!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 26th, 2012 at 10:35 am

I’ve seen Gary Sinise several times. He’s wonderful. And Biergarten has the best apple streudel!

Michael on July 25th, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Would love to get a preview of what’s being put in place to replace the Lights of Winter at EPCOT. This area has been bare for too long — surely by this year there must be something amazing ready to go in that spot.

Amanda on July 25th, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Decorating for the holidays at Disney World would be my ultimate dream job! Can’t wait to see all the new ornaments and such. Only 136 more days to go :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 26th, 2012 at 10:34 am

It would be a lot of fun (and I’m sure, a ton of work)!

Mike from OH on July 25th, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Very excited for the holidays! My family is going to enjoy the Candlelight Processional for the first time with Olivia Newton-John! Can’t wait for that and to add more Mickey nutcrackers to my collection! Happy Holidays!

Jackie on July 26th, 2012 at 1:55 am

142 Days & Counting. Celebrating Christmas at Disney World is a dream come true !!

Amber on July 26th, 2012 at 2:05 am

Exactly 4 months from today we’ll be checking in at Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani! Christmas at Disney – more magic that you can ever imagine!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 26th, 2012 at 10:34 am

That sounds like a great plan!

Robert on July 27th, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Jennifer, are there any plans to have resort specific ornaments for Christmas? We like to spend time in each of the Disney World resorts and try to collect an ornament from each to go on our “Disney Tree”. A couple of years ago we started noticing that there were general “Disney World” ornaments but not resort specific ornaments and merchandise, will they ever come back? Thanks!

Anonymous on July 27th, 2012 at 6:38 pm

138 days until AoA , 140 until we’re on the Fantasy with decorations !! Then 148 days until our official Xmas trip! I love the new pins!

amy on July 30th, 2012 at 10:07 am

We leave in 143 days :) visiting dec 20th-23rd. I have never attended the Very Merry Christmas party but will be purchasing tickets. I haven’t bought them yet, are they typically available through the Fall months? Just wondering how soon I need to purchase before they begin to sell out. We are excited and hope that Be Our Guest will be open by then

jennifer on July 30th, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I can’t wait till we ring in the new year Disney style. We will get to see all of the amazing decorations and the best firework show ever!

Mary on August 2nd, 2012 at 3:46 pm

We can’t wait to go!!! I heard it’s so much fun at Christmas Time!