Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Disney Parks After Dark: Fireworks at the Castle at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on July 19th, 2012 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Tonight, we continue our new series “Disney Parks After Dark” with a spectacular view of our nighttime fireworks display at Magic Kingdom Park. For me, there are few sights more stunning.

Fireworks over Cinderella Castle, Mickey's PhilharMagic and the Prince Charming Regal Carrousel at Magic Kingdom Park

Notice the flashes in the crowd? Our image was snapped by photographer Todd Anderson who perfectly captured the brilliant colors of Cinderella Castle as well as the bright lights of Mickey’s PhilharMagic and the Prince Charming Regal Carrousel.

Some of my favorite memories are exploring Magic Kingdom Park at night. How about you? Let us know which Disney park is your favorite to experience when the sun goes down.

Check out these other posts about spectacular Disney nighttime fireworks displays:

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Shelly on July 19th, 2012 at 8:10 pm

I LOVE Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at night!

Thomas Smith on July 20th, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Me too, Shelly. That sounds like a great future “After Dark” post.

Paul from ON on July 19th, 2012 at 9:10 pm

When we took our first visit to WDW, Tinkerbell asked my daughter Jessica where Mommy was. All three kids said “Up in Heaven”. Tink, to her credit, said “Well you all give me big old hugs, and I’ll fly right up there and give them to her.”

That night before Wishes, we saw Tink scaling down from the castle. Jessica screamed “Look everyone. Tink’s back from heaven. Mommy got out hugs.”

When watching Wishes, Jessica swears that the four heart shaped fireworks are Mommy sending hugs to the four of us from Heaven. Who am I to argue?

After that trip, I decided to use the last of my wife’s life insurance to buy Disney Vacation Club, as a tribute to her. We’ve been going every year for the past three years to see Mommy’s hugs, and will be going for years to come.

Thomas Smith on July 20th, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Hi Paul, that’s a wonderful story – truly touching. It’s heartwarming to hear about Disney magic bringing the kind of happiness it does for your family. I hope your next visit is even more special.

Hunter on July 19th, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Great photo! Magic Kingdom is also my favorite! I loved when I went on Christmas day, all the cast members made everything so magical! The Disney “snow” falling during the fireworks and the medley of songs playing was so special. It brought a tear to my eye. I love how you guys make every moment at any park or resort an enchanting experience.

Thank You!

Kristine from IL on July 19th, 2012 at 10:53 pm

What a beautiful picture!! I am about crawling out of my skin with great anticipation for our trip coming up on October 9th!! I will be “home” soon!!

Joey on July 20th, 2012 at 3:34 am

My favorite is also late nights in The Magic Kingdom, although every park is breathtaking in its own way at night. There really is nothing like an evening of The Main Street Electrical Parade, followed by The Magic, The Memories, and You, followed by Wishes!, and then extra magic hours until 2AM or 3AM.

Claire on July 20th, 2012 at 6:26 am

WOW! That really is spectacular. I hope there are plans to release these “After Dark” pics as wallpapers

Danielle on July 20th, 2012 at 8:40 am

Gorgeous picture. One of these days, I need to view Wishes from there! I just love how you can experience Wishes at so many viewing spots around WDW.

Dustin on July 20th, 2012 at 10:17 am

Paul, what an amazing story. See that’s just something that only Disney could do in the theme park world. I’m very sorry for your lost, but I’m happy to hear that a cast member gave was able to give you that magical moment. :)

David from NY on July 21st, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I love the Haunted Mansion @ night…

Steve on July 21st, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Paul that’s a wonderful story. My wife and I LOVE the Wishes Fireworks. Just like Paul the Magic Kingdom fireworks have a special place in our heart too. In early 2009 my wife and I learned we could not have children. We took a trip to Disney that July and on July 10,2009 we made a WISH during those fireworks to have a child. On July 10, 2012 3 Years to the day we legally adopted a beautiful baby boy. Dreams do come true at Disney!

Brenda on July 22nd, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Wishes is so touching and a magic kingdom classic. Big fan, and Disney after dark is always stunning.

Allison on July 23rd, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Beautiful story Paul.

Carla on July 23rd, 2012 at 1:12 pm

You all are pulling at my heartstrings today. @Paul – what a touching story and what a great tradition and honor to their mother. I am sorry for your loss. @Steve, Congrats on your baby boy!

We will be taking our daughter to WDW in another month to celebrate her 5th birthday. She absolutely loves Wishes. We actually love it so much that it’s a bedtime tradition for us to watch it via YouTube before she goes to sleep every night. It’s 2 books and then Wishes before lights out. It’s a great way of having Disney with us year-round when we can’t be at WDW in person for Disney after Dark.