Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Celebrating the Holidays with Christmas Fantasy at Tokyo Disneyland

Disney Parks Blog Readers ‘Glow With the Show’ at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on July 31st, 2012 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Disney Parks Blog Readers at the ‘Glow With the Show’ Meet-Up at Disney California Adventure Park

Last night, we invited 1,000 Disney Parks Blog readers and guests to our “Glow With the Show” Meet-Up at Disney California Adventure park. Each received a shiny new pair of “Glow With the Show” Ears and reserved viewing for the 9 p.m. showing of “World of Color.”
Hats for the ‘Glow With the Show’ Meet-Up at Disney California Adventure Park

Meet-up guests were led down the new Buena Vista Street to Paradise Pier, where a mountain of glowing hats awaited them.

Disney Parks Blog regular reader Kevin (far right) persuaded his family to enter and join him for the meet-up – so it was a family affair with (from left) parents Karen and Brendan, brother Patrick, sister Megan and family friend Hailey.

Proving that real men wear ear hats, Salvador, Ivan and John (from left) showed their true colors just before the start of the show.

These fans worked a little magic on their “Glow With the Show” hats, trying out one of my favorite features – making their ear hats sync up.

Did you join us for the “Glow With the Show” Meet-Up last night? Tell us about it in the comments! And be sure to check the Disney Parks Blog Facebook page later today for more photos from the event.

Check out these posts to read about past Disney Parks Blog meet-ups:

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Amy on July 31st, 2012 at 5:36 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have another event like this!!! I wasn’t able to go to this one!

Awesome pictures by the way! Wish I was there

Debra from CA on July 31st, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Had so much fun. Love the ears. It is really something with all those ears going during the show. A show in itself.

Dan on July 31st, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Thanks, Erin, for organizing this all together!! It was fun and I had a BLAST!!! I will see you again in future Meet Ups, :) I enjoyed talking to you!

Erin Glover on August 1st, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Great to see you, too, Dan!

Alisa Kimberly on July 31st, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Thank you Erin for this great opportunity! It was a truly spectacular night! I hope to see you at another event again soon (:

Erin Glover on August 1st, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Glad you could join us!

Brett from CA on July 31st, 2012 at 5:48 pm

What a blast! Watching all the hats and trying to watch the show at the same time was fun! Cars Land afterwards was a real treat, too! thanks so much, Disney!!!

Fred from CA on July 31st, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I wasn’t at the event, but it looks like it was a lot of fun.

These glow with the show ears are a great idea.

Tania on July 31st, 2012 at 6:02 pm

we had an amazing time last night! the show was beautiful, and the glowing mickey ears really made it spectacular. we had so much fun running around the park afterwards, trying to discover what the ears would react to! thank you so much for an unforgettable evening!!!

Jason on July 31st, 2012 at 6:25 pm

With a million season passholders it’s getting harder and harder to get into one of these events :-P

Emmanuel on July 31st, 2012 at 6:27 pm

I had an amazing time at the Meet Up. To see a field of ears glowing in sync with World of Color is something to behold! It’s no doubt the sleeper hit of the summer!

Michael from CA on July 31st, 2012 at 7:14 pm

I especially enjoyed when the people behind us reacted when the ears first reacted with the show. It sounded just like the little green aliens in Toy Story. OOOOOOO!!!

Holly from CA on July 31st, 2012 at 7:22 pm

This was by far one of the coolest things i’ve been a part of at the Disneyland Resort! These Glow with the Show ears, are just awesome! Thank you so much for this event! It was truly a unique experience to be a part of the sea of glowing ears. <3 <3 <3

Mary from CA on July 31st, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Thanks to Erin and everyone at the Disney Parks Blog for being so gracious and generous in offering these events. We had a really fun time, saw some familiar faces from other DPB events, and met some new friends, too. We appreciate how DPB events make us feel special!

@Jason: this event was open to everyone, not just passholders (and “everyone” = way more than one million!).

Erin Glover on August 1st, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Thanks for being there, Mary!

Danielle on July 31st, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Please bring these amazing hats to Walt Disney World!! Pretty please with a cherry on top!

Julissa on July 31st, 2012 at 9:40 pm

We had such a great time! Thanks your the Mickey Ears I can’t wait to go back again and wear them!

Melissa on July 31st, 2012 at 10:44 pm

I love it!! I hope there are a lot of people with the Glow With the Show ears when we go in November. I think these events are a great way to get the word out. I know we will be buying ears for our whole family…I can’t wait!!!!

richard from CA on August 1st, 2012 at 10:17 am

so much fun and erin, it was a pleasure to meet you. i do have a question for you though, is there an email address i can contact you at? thanks again for a super fun night!!!

Ben on August 1st, 2012 at 11:55 am

Any plans to bring them to Walt Disney World, say by my family’s trip in late January? My kids would love these.

Tracy on August 1st, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Thank you for such a wonderful event & experience! My family had a wonderful time. It was awesome to see so many ears all in one place lighting up all together. Can’t wait to go back and wear them again!!

Nancy on August 1st, 2012 at 1:54 pm

What a fantastic experience! As usual, all the cast members were extremely nice and helpful. The simplest perk of free beverages, oddly enough, made me giddy. It was a bit of a tough location for short people, it was difficult to see the central screen animation, but it was a lot of fun to look all around and see a sea of ears light up. We happened to speak to another guest afterwards who didn’t know about the event and had asked us if we were part of the “group in the center with the light up ears”. She said the hats made the show that much more spectacular for everyone else. We were happy we could help contribute to a special experience for other guests.
It was also a lot of fun to walk around Cars Land and the Mad T Party and see our hats react to each location. Best of all? I was able to get two “tough” guys to wear their Mickey hats all night long. A truly magical evening. Thank you!

Carla on August 1st, 2012 at 3:59 pm

This event was simply amazing! We had such a fabulous time! We were able to bring 2 friends who had never seen the show, and they were amazed…and one of them visiting from Vegas just had to see it again the next day:)I am just wondering…Erin, are you the one who granted a special birthday wish for my friend that night? The CM who showed my friend the true meaning of Disney Magic for her birthday’s name was Erin! She has gushed about it ever since! THANK YOU!

Erin Glover on August 3rd, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I’m glad you had a good time, Carla! Did your friend have curly red hair? If so, that might have been me! If not, I’m glad another Erin was able to make the evening special for her.

Andre on August 1st, 2012 at 9:44 pm

When will these ears be available at WDW?

Amanda from CA on August 1st, 2012 at 10:34 pm

My Mom and I had an amazing time! Everyone was so great with us. And the show was awesome! One of my favorite memories at the park.

Ben on August 2nd, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Seriously, does anyone know if they plan to bring these to Disney World any time soon? They are awesome, and I’d happily buy them for my kids.

Nancy on August 4th, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Please tell me when Disney World will be doing this? I can hardly wait.

maureen on August 6th, 2012 at 6:49 am

I have wanted to do this Glow with the show but I worked 15 hrs. to help out the agency I work for, soon very soon I will join in the fun. Thank You so much for putting on this event.