Fireworks at Disneyland Park

First Look: The Lion King at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

posted on July 25th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

“First

Earlier this summer, we gave you a look inside the new Finding Nemo and Cars wings at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, the latest resort to open here at the Walt Disney World Resort. While the next wing, themed after “The Lion King,” doesn’t open until August 10, however we’ve got a sneak peek to share exclusively with our Disney Parks Blog readers today!

“First

The final wing of the resort, which was inspired by “The Little Mermaid,” will open September 15. Check back on August 10 and September 15 for additional coverage and photos of these exciting new areas.

For more news from Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, check out the posts below:

Tagged:

Filed: Hotels & Resorts, Walt Disney World Resort

Amy on July 25th, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Awsome

Marc on July 25th, 2012 at 3:03 pm

That’s pretty cool. He is a bit too yellow though.

Theresa from TX on July 25th, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Thanks for the update!!! I am soo happy to see “The Lion King” getting some credit. We were there on opening day, but there was a fence blocking the unfinished section. We will be there again to stay in the Lion King Suites in September and I am soooo excited to see the finished project and be able to stay in the Lion King Section!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 26th, 2012 at 10:31 am

I’m staying in the Cars wing later this fall and I can’t wait. :)

Sean from GA on July 25th, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Yeah I agree, maybe it’s just the picture but he’s a bit more yellow than “Lion color”. Can’t wait to see the additional pictures.

Eddie on July 25th, 2012 at 4:32 pm

It looks great! Can’t wait to see what the rest of the area looks like. Too bad there are no regular rooms or maybe we would have stayed there. We check in August 8th at ASM. I would have stayed the 10th thru the 20th there.Guess we’ll have to wait until the Little Mermaid section opens next trip.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 26th, 2012 at 10:31 am

The Mermaid wing should be amazing.

Maggie on July 26th, 2012 at 10:36 am

My 2 1/2 year old little girl’s favorite movie is the Lion King and we will be taking her for her first visit between Christmas and New Years!!! She will almost be 3 and my son will almost be 1 when we go and I can’t WAIT to see this and stay here!!! I’m more excited than the kids!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 26th, 2012 at 10:38 am

As far as theming goes, this resort is mind-blowing. Don’t forget to walk around and check out the other wings, as well.

Heather on July 27th, 2012 at 2:12 am

Staying in The Little Mermaid section in Feb. (Ariel is my fave Disney character ever) Celebrating the Big 4.0. Cant wait!

Melissa from PA on August 1st, 2012 at 11:27 am

We’ll be staying in the Lion King Family suite in October and cannot wait! These are great pictures. It reminds me of the All Star Movies resort where they have the Fantasia statues.

CAROL on August 9th, 2012 at 7:14 am

Are you able to advise on how we would go about booking a room in The Little Mermaid section for a stay in December as unfortunately we can’t find any links to booking this from within the UK? We are booked into Pop Century just now but would LOVE to change the booking over. :D