The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney California Adventure Park

New Disney PhotoPass+ at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort Available for Pre-Order

posted on July 17th, 2012 by Kelly Glassburn, Manager of Marketing & Communications, Disney’s PhotoPass Service

New Disney PhotoPass+ Available for Pre-Order

If you haven’t heard, we’ve launched our Disney PhotoPass+ for Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort! And today, I wanted to share a new way to save on PhotoPass+ packages at both resorts this summer – it’s by pre-ordering online before your next visit.

It’s easy to pre-order. Just visit our special Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney Resort PhotoPass+ pages and look for the “order” button. We’ve also included more details on the benefits, but here’s a quick look at what’s included:

• A voucher to exchange for your Disney PhotoPass+ card
  • Disney’s Photo Gallery CD with hundreds of stock photos
  • A unique code to create and order a Photo CD
  • Print packages at select dining locations
  • Digital photos from select attractions

Read more about Disney’s PhotoPass service in the posts below:

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

darin from MO on July 17th, 2012 at 5:08 pm

We just received our in the mail today for our 1st time go to Disneyland in October.

It came with the PhotoCD case. We really only need to take the voucher to the park and not everything that came in the mail. I can leave the PhotoCD at home right?

Kelly Glassburn on July 20th, 2012 at 7:00 pm

That’s great Darin! We hope you enjoy your visit to Disneyland.

You will only need to bring the voucher, the CD that was mailed to you is a Gallery CD with great stock images from the Disneyland Resort (it can stay at home while you vacation).

Amanda on July 17th, 2012 at 5:28 pm

If I purchase this, will I be able to use it in May 2013?

Kelly Glassburn on July 20th, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Hi Amanda, we recommend that you wait until at least 6 months prior to your vacation to order this product.

Paul from ON on July 17th, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I usually buy the photocd/photobook combo pre-order. Will that be available soon?

Kelly Glassburn on July 20th, 2012 at 7:01 pm

At this time the offer that includes a PhotoCD and a PhotoBook is not available. If the offer returns or there are any changes we’ll share the news.

Kaylyn on July 17th, 2012 at 7:45 pm

I preordered the basic PhotoPass CD before it went up in price (for $99). Is there a way to redeem what I payed for the basic CD towards the price of PhotoPass+ like you do when you upgrade in the parks?

Kelly Glassburn on July 20th, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Yes you may Kaylyn. Just call our Guest Support line at 407-560-4300 and one of our Cast Members will be able to guide you through the upgrade process.

Jason on July 17th, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Will the pictures stay on the site for a month like they normally do so you can put multiple trips on it?

Kelly Glassburn on July 20th, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Jason, you still have 30 days before your vacation memories expire.

Stephanie from CA on July 17th, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Will you only be given 1 photopass+ card per order? What if your party splits up during the vacation and each party wants to take the photopass+ card? We’re DVC members and we bring my in-laws with us and sometimes they take the kids to one park while my husband and I have a date night at another park. Can you combine multiple cards to 1 photopass+ account?

Annette from QLD on July 17th, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Next visit I would LOVE to use this service, but being an international visitor the 14 day expiry is just plain stupid,we usually stay at Disney for an entire month. When are you going to change the expiry to the same as the normal PhotoPassl 30 days from registration and then 30 days to complete order.

Annette from QLD on July 17th, 2012 at 8:38 pm

As an international visitor the 14 days expiry is not viable for us – when are you going to change it to the same as the normal PhotoPass, then we would definately take up the offer on our next visit

Deborah on July 17th, 2012 at 9:16 pm

This product is a good value for larger groups and/or longer visits. Please consider offering a discount to annual passholders as well. Thanks!

Melissa on July 17th, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Just fir clarification, you pay the flat amount and get a CD of ALL the photopass pics you take, plus as many printouts as you want on rides and dining locations? It just seems like *too* good of a deal so I want to make sure I’m correctly reading.

Kelly Glassburn on July 20th, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Hi Melissa, with PhotoPass+ you will be able to order a PhotoCD with all your vacation memories (after your vacation) that includes all your PhotoPass Photographer photos, Dining and Attraction photos. You will only receive prints at Dining locations. At Attractions they will scan your PhotoPass+ card and add a digital copy of the image to your account. Hope that helps!

Corene from BC on July 17th, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Is the photo gallery CD updated? I just bought one in September on my last trip, but so many of the photos were so dated – Does this CD include shots of Cars Land & Buena Vista Street, etc? And is it unique to Disneyland (ie; a different stock photo CD for WDW?). Thanks in advance for the info. Cheers!

Kelly Glassburn on July 20th, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Corene, we do have separate Gallery CDs for Walt Disney World and Disneyland. We are in the process of upgrading our selection of Disneyland Resort photos to include Cars Land and Buena Vista Street but do not have availability date at this time.

Nakoma from AZ on July 17th, 2012 at 11:22 pm

I will definitely be getting this for our December trip to WDW. I just wish DCL would offer this great price!

Mr on July 18th, 2012 at 4:06 am

My wife & I recently visited Disneyland and we picked one of these up during the trip. It more than paid for itself between the character breakfasts and photos in the park. I’ll certainly be looking at getting another one during our upcoming trip to WDW in October.

Gayle from IN on July 18th, 2012 at 7:59 am

I wish you could combine destinations. We regularly do a day or two at a park prior to boarding the cruise. This only makes sense for us if we can use it both on land and at sea.

colleen on July 18th, 2012 at 8:12 am

Amanda – I would wait until less than 6 months from your trip to purchase. I called about it and the lady told me they cannot refund past 6 months. so if for some reason you don’t like you’re pictures or didn’t get shot you wanted you can get refund up to 6 months from purchase date. but yes you can purchase now for 2013.

Alain on July 18th, 2012 at 9:06 am

Which attractions’ digital photos will be included? I always find that paying extra for ride photos is not worth it. Including ride photos on the photopass card would REALLY interest me in purchasing this package.

Kelly Glassburn on July 20th, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Hi Alain! You are correct. With PhotoPass+ you will get your digital Attraction photos for no additional price.

Anna on July 18th, 2012 at 9:58 am

I’m not sure where the best place to put this question so here it goes. My boyfriend and I are annual passholders for Disney world and visit frequently. We have wonderful pictures of new attractions and hotels, esp. The art of animation resort. Is there a place we can submit these photos for possible use on either this blog or facebook? In no way are we pros like the Disney photog, but we would love to share them!

Thanks!

Crystal from TX on July 18th, 2012 at 10:18 am

I’m on the web page but do not see where to pre-order?

Kelly Glassburn on July 20th, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Crystal, to take advantage of this exclusive offer please click on one of the links included in this story.

Christine from NY on July 18th, 2012 at 10:45 am

I’m so glad that the PhotoPass+ was offered as a pre-order and with a discount. I thought I was going to have pay the full $200.00 at the hotel. I just ordered my PhotoPass+ and can’t wait to go in August. If anyone is second guessing this product, DON’T!! I called Disney and asked about this CD when it first came out and it is worth every penny. You get all the photos from the rides, some from dining experiences and you can even have them upload all your own photos from your personal camera to the PhotoPass+ card before you leave the park. Since I am going with a large party, they can add their photos as well! You save a lot of money and that is always a good thing. Thanks for posting this Kelly!

chris on July 18th, 2012 at 12:02 pm

i cant find anything about it on PhotoPass

Kelly Glassburn on July 20th, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Hi Chris, to take advantage of this exclusive offer please click on one of the links included in this story.

Ryan on July 18th, 2012 at 10:00 pm

I can’t seem to find anything about this either. Any wise words?

Kelly Glassburn on July 20th, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Hi Ryan, this is an exclusive offer only available following one of the links included in this story. If you have additional questions regarding Disney PhotoPass+ you may contact our Guest Support line at 407-560-4300.

Stephen from IL on July 22nd, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Kelly – If we’re going with a large-ish group that gets split up, will we beable to combine the various Photopass numbers on the one CD under this deal or does everything have to be on that one number? If not, does it work to photocopy the back of the Photopass card?

Nicole on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:58 pm

How does the Photopass+ work for Character dining in Disneyland? Do they also put the pictures on your photopass for you to put onto your CD later or do you get the actual print picture in the park just by showing your card? Either way it sounds like a great deal for our first family trip in October!

Nicole on July 23rd, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Also, how long will this offer be available to purchase?

Monique on July 25th, 2012 at 10:45 am

During our trip next month is there a way to turn in our voucher and get the photo pass the night before we hit the park so it does not cut into our time that would be better spent on rides? If you so, could you please tell me where and what the hours are? Thank you!

Maxine on July 27th, 2012 at 4:24 am

We’re doing back-2-back trips of DL and WDW over 14 days in December. If I pre-order the WDW Photopass+ package, can I use it at both WDW and DL, and will I be able to exchange the voucher at DL (our first point of call since we’re flying in from Australia)?

I’m assuming then we’ll just receive the CD of WDW stock photos? Bit if we want the DL photo CD, and want to use the pass at both DL & WDW, can we pre-purchase the DL photopass+, and then pay the difference to upgrade it at WDW?

Thanks, answers will help me decide between spending $$ on upgrading my camera, or making the most of Photopass at both DL & WDW.

Cathy on July 28th, 2012 at 2:46 am

Is it possible to get longer than 30 days to access the photos? We will be visiting from overseas and Disney World is the very first stop of our trip, so we will not be back at home to access them until the 30 days is already up.

Corene from BC on July 28th, 2012 at 11:40 am

Hi Kelly,
Thanks for your reply. I wonder if you could either announce when the new stock discs are available on the blog, or note it here in the comments? I’ll keep checking. I really would like to do this, but don’t want another disc of pics of DCA that has the old original rides (like the Citrus swings, etc). I’m not going til December, so can wait to order if the new disc comes out in the next few months. And I’m going again in May, so that would also work for a new disc. Thanks so much!
Cheers, Corene

Chris from WA on August 13th, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Is this offer still available? I clicked on the link in the story, but I don’t see any way to buy the package on the website.