Disneyland Paris, Phantom Manor

Sign Up Now to ‘Glow With the Show’ with the Disney Parks Blog

posted on July 23rd, 2012 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

UPDATE: Capacity has been reached for the Disney Parks Blog “Glow With the Show” Meet-Up. Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future events!

‘Glow With the Show’ Ears in Action During 'World of Color' at Disney California Adventure Park

We’ve showed you videos of the new “Glow With the Show” Ears, so now it’s time to check them out for yourself! Join us on Monday, July 30, at Disney California Adventure park for our Disney Parks Blog “Glow With the Show” Meet-Up.

Sign up here right now for a chance to attend with a guest. Each meet-up participant (including guests) will receive a pair of “Glow With the Show” Ears and reserved viewing for the 9 p.m. showing of “World of Color.” After the show, you’re welcome to enjoy the park – I’d recommend you take your ears over to Mad T Party!

Space for the event is limited and you must sign up here. Please remember the following:

• All participants who sign up for the event must be 18 years or older, but guests do not need to be 18.
  • Meet-up confirmations are non-transferrable.
  • Confirmation will be for the accepted registered person plus one guest.
  • Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
  • Park admission will be provided beginning at 7 p.m. for the event, but participants will be responsible for any parking fees.

I will give an update at the top of this post when capacity has been reached. Please note the event is subject to change or cancellation without notice.

Sign up now and come “Glow With the Show” with the Disney Parks Blog!

Read more about the “Glow With the Show” Ears in the posts below:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Kristen on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Always love these fun opportunities, thanks! Hopefully I can make it there after work, but it would be nice to have at least one event once in awhile on a weekend so that some of us don’t have to hope to get off work at a decent time and then drive all the way over there in a rush in LA traffic! Just a thought :)

Erin Glover on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I understand, Kristen – we’ve tried to offer weekend opportunities where we can (like with our Jake and the Never Land Pirate Band Meet-Up) and we’ll continue to try to offer a variety of options for future meet-ups. Hope to see you at one!

gayle from CA on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Thanks Erin-sounds like a magical time! Fingers crossed!

Danielle from FL on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Ah! So jealous of the West Coast Disney fans!!! World of Color is my FAVORITE! For half a second I thought “maybe I can get a good deal of last minute airfare”, but I think we all know that is not going to happen :). I will just have to daydream. Have fun you lucky So Cal Disney fans! :)

Stephanie from CA on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Yay! This is perfect timing. My family is doing a Sunday/Monday Disney trip to take advantage of the passholder early entry and this is the icing on the cake for a fabulous weekend!!

Lori from CA on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I’ve registered and it says Success!! But when I try to click on “Print this Page” it’s blank. Is it ok if you can’t print the page. I was able to print the Likeness Waiver.
Thanks for doing these events.
Lori

Erin Glover on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Glad you’ll be joining us, Lori! Don’t worry about printing the confirmation – just show your photo ID at check-in.

Jennifer on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Just got confirmed! I am so excited, my 4 year old will love this! This will be our first meet up! Thanks Erin.

Erin Glover on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:25 pm

That’s great, Jennifer – I hope you both enjoy your first Disney Parks Blog meet-up!

Michaelyn from CA on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:21 pm

I just got my invite! So excited to go! Can I ask you, if I bring my 6 year old as my one guest, can I bring my 2 year old and bitty baby, too since they’re usually get free admission at their age (obviously I know they wouldn’t get ears) or would I need to find a sitter? I would love for them all to experience this with me!

Erin Glover on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Happy to hear you will be joining us, Michaelyn! I’m very sorry, but due to space limitations, we have to ask that each participant bring only one guest (regardless of age or size). I appreciate your understanding.

Zabria on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Hi Erin! First let me say sounds like an awesome event! Second, my friend & I just rsvp’d but when we clicked to print page it kicked both of us out & we were not able to get the page back to print confirmation or waiver we need to sign.. Help???

Erin Glover on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:27 pm

No worries, Zabria – just show your photo ID at check-in. You can download the waiver here.

Grace from CA on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:26 pm

What a great offering! Can’t wait. :)

Stephanie from CA on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Hi Erin! My friend just signed up, but they realized as they clicked accept that they had the short version of their last name in their disney profile, instead of their full last name that is on their ID. Are they going to be able to get in?

Roger on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Thanks for providing these great experiences! I really think this meet, like the previous Annual Passholder GWTS event, can really help to spread the word how excellent the GWTS experience is.

It also will help to “seed” future WOC and Mad Tea Party shows with even more GWTS ears hopefully making more Guests wanting to participate! With just a scattering of GWTS ears right now, it really is hard to appreciate how cool these little beauties are.

Since I already purchased my ears, I’ll be able to share the new ones I receive with someone else and allow them to GWTS too!

Jeremy Paul on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Just got confirmed! So excited! Love all these exciting summer time events going on! Can’t wait for next Monday! Thank you Disney! :D

Erin Glover on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Fantastic – see you there!

Debra from CA on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Looking forward to this! Was unable to print page but see that it is okay. I was able to print Waiver so good to go. :)

Erin Glover on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Glad you’ll be able to join us, Debra!

Amanda from CA on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:35 pm

So excited to be able to participate! I’m taking my Mom! We’ve been watching videos of the event and I always get chills. I even went down to the Resort to get a pair of ears just in case they ran out before September! More ears to share!

Erin Glover on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Looking forward to seeing you and your mom next Monday!

jacqueline on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Hi, I just entered for the “glow with the show” meet up and it said “success that i have been invited” what do I need to do now? I haven’t gotten an email as a confirmation that i won, all it shows to print out is a Likeness Waiver. Do i just show up and show my identification along with my Waiver? or should be getting a confirmation email as well?

Erin Glover on July 23rd, 2012 at 8:21 pm

No emails are being sent this time – just bring your photo ID and signed waiver (both you and your guest will need waivers).

Ottilie on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Unable to print the confirmation page as well, but nonetheless, am so excited to attend an amazing opportunity! Thanks Disney Parks Blog!!

Erin Glover on July 23rd, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Don’t worry about it – just bring your photo ID. See you there!

Stephen on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Does our guest have to be an annual passport holder? Also how do we fill out the top portion of the likeness waiver? What photos are we describing? Our photo ID?

Photograph(s) ID # and description: ___________________________________________________________________________
Description of me included in Photograph(s): ___________________________________________________________________
Date and Location of Photograph(s): ___________________________________________________________________________

Erin Glover on July 23rd, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Stephen – Neither you nor your guest are required to be Annual Passholders. And you can disregard that portion of the form.

daisy on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:40 pm

yay! cant wait.
so unlike the previous annual passholder GWTS event, the guest does not have to be a passholder??

Erin Glover on July 23rd, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Daisy – This is not an Annual Passholder event, so neither you nor your guest need to be APs.

Luz from CA on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I entered and it says success, does that mean I am RSVPed to attend?

Erin Glover on July 23rd, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Yes it does – see you there!

David on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:44 pm

DANG… that closed out QUICK!

no more room =(

Kevin from CT on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:47 pm

closed already :(

Susan from CA on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:49 pm

When I try to print up the Likeness Waiver I get a blank page. Any suggestions?

Erin Glover on July 23rd, 2012 at 8:37 pm

You should be able to find it here.

Kevin from AZ on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Erin, would a 10-month old in a strap-on baby carrier count as my guest?

Katrina on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Hi Erin! Will there be any more Glow With the Show events happening before the summer ends?

Luis on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I got the confirmation but would we recieve an email, i took a screenshot with my smartphone just in case, im so excited yo bring my.mother who has not seen since DCA makeover…thank for this opportunity

Erin Glover on July 23rd, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Luis – No emails are being sent. Just bring your photo ID to check in. Hope you and your mother have a great time!

Shawdi on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Hi, I signed up for the meet-up at 2:23 but after I confirmed my name/address info and clicked submit, my internet explorer froze and closed. I didn’t get to my confirmation page so I just want to make sure everything went through fine. Thank you.

Carla on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Thank you so much for these wonderful events! I was accepted, and can not wait for the day to get here…:)

Erin Glover on July 23rd, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Great – glad you can join us, Carla!

Emmanuel on July 23rd, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Got registered in! Can’t wait for the meet up!

Erin Glover on July 23rd, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Me too – see you there!

Robert on July 23rd, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Is there any reasoning why one has to be 18?

jacqueline on July 23rd, 2012 at 6:01 pm

also, my boyfriend and I are 22 yrs old, do we still need to print out the waiver because I read it and it just says parent consent signature.

Erin Glover on July 23rd, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Yes – all participants must bring signed waivers. The adult portion is at the top of page 2 (parental consent is at the bottom of page 2).

Alexander on July 23rd, 2012 at 6:12 pm

I wish Walt Disney World would have these types of meetups. Im 6 hours by plane from Disneyland! :(

Pamela on July 23rd, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Oh darn I missed it, but seeing I already have the glow ears, I will just wish everyone a great time! :) Erin, on a side note, I need help from someone in the know at Disneyland. Is there an email of a guest services person who could help me? This is in regards to my husband’ grandfather who is sadly deceased but was honored with a Disney’s Legend award. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Julissa from CA on July 23rd, 2012 at 8:04 pm

I got the Success message but I registered on mobile phone and didn’t get the details. Will a confirmation email be sent? I think I made it can you please tell be how I can verify and what info I need to know for the event?

Erin Glover on July 23rd, 2012 at 8:42 pm

No emails will be sent – just bring your photo ID to check in.

Mark on July 23rd, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Hi, Erin, I’m in quite a conundrum. I was able to sign up earlier today but I just found out I’m not able to attend. I know it says that this is non-transferable, but is there any way you can take away my invite and allow another (random) person to sign up? I feel very guilty about taking up an invitation that I can’t make. :( Thank you for scheduling these great events! I just wish I could attend this one.

Erin Glover on July 24th, 2012 at 11:44 am

I’m sorry to hear that, Mark. Thanks for letting us know.

Joana on July 23rd, 2012 at 9:34 pm

This is one of those magic moments for me… Not 24 hours ago I was telling the person I’m seeing that a date at Disneyland/DCA would be wonderful (I have an AP and she does not). And then one of my fellow AP-holders told me about this when he saw it this morning, and I managed to snag an RSVP. We’re both very excited! Thank you to the powers that be for this opportunity. :]

Erin Glover on July 24th, 2012 at 11:44 am

Glad you’ll be joining us, Joana!

Carolyn on July 23rd, 2012 at 9:57 pm

This is PRETTY SWEET Disney Parks Blog.

gayle from CA on July 23rd, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Hi Erin, When I registered, I am sorry to say I wasn’t really paying attention when it accepted my registration. Is there a way to find out if we were accepted or not? I am so used to receiving an email as to whether we got in or not, I didn’t even think to look!

Lynda Grace on July 24th, 2012 at 7:26 am

Love the ears!

Stephanie from CA on July 24th, 2012 at 11:35 am

Hi Erin, I asked this earlier, but didn’t hear anything. I really hope I can get an answer.

My friend just signed up, but they realized as they clicked accept that they had the short version of their last name in their disney profile, instead of their full last name that is on their ID. Are they going to be able to get in? They have their last name on their profile as (example) Smith, but the last name on their profile is (example) Smithwick. Will they and their guest get in?

Erin Glover on July 24th, 2012 at 12:54 pm

It shouldn’t be a problem, Stephanie. They just need to make sure they have their photo ID and we’ll work it out with them.

Thea from CA on July 24th, 2012 at 11:53 am

I am so sad. The email didn’t get in my box until this morning. By the time I got it the event was already filled!!! This is not the first time it has happened. I hope you have another event like this real soon. Thanks for all your hard work!!

Erin Glover on July 24th, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I’m sorry, Thea. Be sure to keep an eye on @Disneyland on Twitter as well as the Disney Parks Blog Facebook page. We try to post heads-up alerts there when we’re planning to announce events like this.

Danielle on July 24th, 2012 at 1:06 pm

It’s time to bring these beautiful ears to some of the shows/rides/experiences at Walt Disney World!!! Pretty please?!

Keith on July 24th, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Erin,

Both my wife and I were successful at registering and were thrilled that you were doing this on a day we’d already be at DCA. It wasn’t until at dinner when we realized it was July 30th and not August 30th! Obviously, you can remove us from your list, unless you want to try this again AUGUST 30th. LOL.

Erin Glover on July 25th, 2012 at 11:14 am

I wish we could, Keith. :) Thanks for letting us know!

Stacey on July 24th, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I live in Las Vegas so I won’t be able to attend this event, but one of these days I would love to!! I can’t wait to be there the weekend of Aug 17th to see GWTS, super duper excited!! Hope everyone has a great time and can’t wait to see pictures of these fun event.

Jose on July 24th, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I was successfully invited and I am BEYOND excited to be attending. I was wondering though, what is the earliest we can check in to be allowed into the park? We want to take full advantage of whatever time we can have there.

Erin Glover on July 25th, 2012 at 11:15 am

Jose – Check-in begins at 7 p.m.

Margo on July 24th, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I want to say for some reason, I am getting the Disney Blog in my e-mail a day after you post things. So when I go to sign up for any of the meet ups,its the day after the sign ups are available and they are always full. I so want to come to one of the meet ups. Is there a way that the blog can get in my e-mail on the same day as everyone else. So I will have a chance to sign up for one of the meet ups. Is there a waiting list I can get on? Please any help would be help a lot. Love the Blog and hope one day I can come to a meet up too!!

Erin Glover on July 25th, 2012 at 11:17 am

Margo – You can also keep an eye on @Disneyland on Twitter as well as the Disney Parks Blog Facebook page for alerts about future meet-up opportunities. I’m sorry, but there is not a stand-by list.

Jose on July 24th, 2012 at 5:58 pm

And also where EXACTLY is registration going to be because I couldn’t print out my confirmation.

Erin Glover on July 25th, 2012 at 11:17 am

Check-in will be located in front of Disney California Adventure park turnstiles, in the Esplanade.

Brett from CA on July 24th, 2012 at 6:19 pm

DaddyB will be there for this event! Wahoo!

Erin Glover on July 25th, 2012 at 11:18 am

Looking forward to seeing you again, Brett!

gayle from CA on July 24th, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Thanks for the response Erin!!! Got your email and so excited! Look for plane fares right now!

Elizabeth on July 24th, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Hi Erin I was scrolling through looking at all the comments and I saw one that says we can’t bring babies if we are already bringing another guest? It’s very disappointing to hear that being that Disney lets kids that are 3 or younger in age wherever parents go. I understand space is limited but they’re only babies and as I see from other comments some people who have RSVP’d cannot attend anymore. I know one complaint (which is mine) won’t change the rules but think of changing this for future meet-ups. With this new information I’m sad to say I might not be able to make it now because I have a 1 year old and wanted to take my husband. Once again very disappointed in this and would you please mention this next time in event details where one can see this rule before registering. I’m sad because someone else could have used my spots if I end up not going…

Alisa on July 25th, 2012 at 11:39 am

SO bummed I didn’t see this on time. My family and I are driving down from Northern California on Monday and will be there at 3pm. We were not planning to be able to go into the parks our first night, but were hoping to catch World of Color from our room at the Grand Californian (assuming we get a good view). I guess we’ll have to just wave at all the fellow bloggers from a distance… :( So sad.