Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Take 5: Character Dining at Disney Parks

posted on July 14th, 2012 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Ariel’s Grotto in Disney California Adventure Park

Character dining experiences are beloved traditions for many guests at Disney Parks. Whether you already have some favorite character dining spots or you’re looking to make your first-ever reservation, here’s an introduction to some of the experiences available:

Take 5: Character Dining at Disney Parks

1. Insider Tips for Dining with Disney Characters at Walt Disney WorldPam Brandon offers some great advice on choosing a reservation time, finding the experience that perfectly suits your group, and more.
  2. Fun Tips for Character Dining at the Disneyland Resort – In this post, Pam describes the character dining opportunities available at the Disneyland Resort and the experiences you can expect to have at each.
  3. Reservations Open This Week for Expanded Donald’s Dining Safari at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Donald’s Dining Safari is available at Tusker House Restaurant, which also features the “wall of flames,” an 18-foot-tall rotisserie that roasts chicken throughout the day.
  4. Dinner with Ariel and Her Princess Friends Coming Soon to Ariel’s Grotto at Disney California Adventure Park – This new opportunity allows guests to join Ariel and her princess friends for breakfast, lunch or dinner for an enchanting experience filled with music, laughter, and delicious food.
  5. Have Breakfast with Some Wild Disney Friends at Storytellers Cafe in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa – This video shows that when you have breakfast at Storytellers Cafe, you’re likely to be joined by some “wild” friends.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney Dining, Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Hunter on July 14th, 2012 at 1:41 pm

I love this article! Thank you sooo much. I have always wanted to take part in a Character Dining Experience. It seems so magical.

Jackie on July 14th, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Dear Mr. Smith,

Family always hounds us on why we keep returning to Walt Disney World, Disneyland or Disney Cruise Line and my answer is always because of my autistic son. Eighteen plus WDW/DL trips and eight DCL trips have helped my immediate family bond in ways that no other place can. When we are at Disney the Cast Members go out of their way to make us feel welcomed and comfortable and for those two short weeks we feel like a typical, normal family where we are never judged.

The biggest aspect of our trips is how our son comes into his own during any Character meal, as he looks forward to the greet and photo and always, always interacts with the Characters, especially Buzz Lightyear and Winnie the Pooh. Disney always brings him out of his world and into ours and for those glorious minutes we feel complete elation and have renewed hope for his future.

Need I say more?

Best regards,
    Jackie and Family.

Lori on July 14th, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Love it !!

Amanda on July 17th, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Just got back from a trip to WDW and had 4 character dining experiences. They were the highlights of our trip! Especially loved Tusker House in AK and Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Epcot!

Jeff from BC on July 18th, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Last time I was there I made it to all of the character breakfasts and the Princess lunch….wish I was doing that right now. One of the highlights of my trip there and one of the things I always have to do, no matter how tight my budget is…..

Erica on July 21st, 2012 at 8:37 am

Any word on Doc McStuffins being added to the Play & Dine at Hollywood & VIne??!!