Disney Parks Blog Celebrates the 20th Anniversary of Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Unique Unproduced Bags and Surprise Guest Coming to Dooney & Bourke Release Party on July 14 at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on July 13th, 2012 by Erin Catalano, Merchandise Communication Specialist, Walt Disney World Resort

Unique Dooney & Bourke Bags Available Exclusively at Tomorrow's Release Party at Walt Disney World Resort

We are putting the finishing touches on the release party for new Dooney & Bourke items being released tomorrow, Saturday, July 14, at TrenD in Downtown Disney Marketplace at Walt Disney World Resort. I recently learned there will be a unique opportunity for guests who are attending this event. I spoke with Laura Caszatt, product developer for accessories, about what to expect.

“For the first time ever, we will be offering about 50 unproduced items for sale,” said Laura. “These items contain never-before-seen colors and trims. During the development process, we received these bags for review, and for various reasons, we decided not to produce them. The release party seemed like the perfect opportunity for fans of Dooney & Bourke to add a unique bag to their collection.”

The bags will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis starting at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday. There will be a limit of one bag per guest. Retails for the unique bags will vary from $85 to $350 (no discounts offered), and we will feature a variety of styles, including wristlets, cross body bags, barrel bags, and more. One of Laura’s favorite items is the large “sketch pattern” tote in purple (pictured above).

As a reminder, guests can meet Dooney & Bourke Creative Director Ian Ray and Disney Design Group Artist Susan Foy from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Laura said there will be another surprise guest joining the party early in the morning.

“We are excited to introduce the world to our newest fashion diva,” continued Laura. “We think guests will love her, so be sure to dress to impress.”

Read more about Dooney & Bourke products available at Disney Parks:

Filed: Downtown Disney, Walt Disney World Resort

Carrie on July 13th, 2012 at 10:30 am

Ah! What a fantastic opportunity, I wish I lived closer. That purple sketch bag looks amazing and would match nicely with my white one! Also love that turquoise sketch bag in the top of the picture. Is it a wristlet?

carina on July 13th, 2012 at 11:32 am

No!!! I won’t arrive to Orlando until the 15th… =(

Nicole on July 13th, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Super JEALOUS that I cannot be there!! Love the darker blue one on the bottom right! Oh well I can dream…… LOL

Katarina on July 13th, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Any news on if the Nylon Sketch Print items will be available for the release?

Robin on July 13th, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I’ve seen the new bag design…absolutely love it!!! I’m getting mine when we visit in December. Can’t wait!!!!!

Kyra on July 13th, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I loooove the bag with the princess silhouettes.

Dina from AB on July 13th, 2012 at 5:25 pm

LOVE the chocolate brown wristlet! Man I wish I could be there!
Please accept this as my official request for another event like this to occur between the dates of March 15-23, 2013? Thanks ;) LOL! :D

Daniel from FL on July 13th, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Those look cool. I learned about this on Channel 6 News tonight and came to the Disney Blog to get more info.

Jana on July 14th, 2012 at 4:16 pm

that red leather wristlet is the color the leather SHOULD have been IMO. I love my dooney’s and I can’t wait to see more. I wish they would come out with a Villains series!

Jami from PA on July 14th, 2012 at 11:24 pm

I wish I could have been there today! I LOVe the Disney Dooney line. I haven’t carried another style of purse since I got my first one back in 2009.

Aimee on July 15th, 2012 at 12:11 am

Wish I could have been there! I hope they come out with a second edition of Princess bags including Ariel, JASMINE, Rapunzel and Tiana! That would be awesome!

Amy on July 18th, 2012 at 11:53 am

Why was this not offered at the Disneyland Resort location also? I am a cult follower of these bags! So jealous of those lucky people at WDW!

Jami from PA on July 18th, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Can someone please tell me how much the new backpack and phone case are? I have been trying to find out since Saturday and I can’t get ahold of anyone who seems to know.