Sunset Over the Tree of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom

A Behind-the-Scenes Look at D-Tech Me Princess in World of Disney at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on August 27th, 2012 by Dara Trujillo, Manager, Merchandise Synergy, Events, and Communication

The D-Tech Me Princess experience officially opened yesterday in the World of Disney at Downtown Disney Marketplace. My fellow author Erin Catalano recently gave you a first look at the experience on the Disney Parks Blog. I’ve been involved with creating this project for more than a year now. I love how this experience uses state-of-the-art technology to create a unique and personalized keepsake from Disney Parks.

I recently partnered with our Imagineering scientists at the Disney Research labs to create a short behind-the-scenes video of this experience. The video highlights the entire process – from capturing an image using the world’s highest-resolution, single-shot 3D face scanner to creating the final princess figurine using a high resolution 3D printer. It’s amazing!

Reservations are strongly recommended for this limited-time experience and can be made by calling 407-WDW-TECH (407-939-8324).

Please note: Guests must be between 3-12 years of age to participate. Children must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age or older during the entire experience. A valid accepted credit card number is required at time of booking. No-shows or in the event a reservation is cancelled within 48 hours of scheduled experience will result in such credit card being charged a $25 cancellation fee. The experience, due to its personalized nature, is non-refundable and not eligible for an exchange. Certain restrictions apply. All prices, components and information are subject to change or cancellation without notice.

Look below for more updates from Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Downtown Disney, Walt Disney World Resort

Kim from AL on August 27th, 2012 at 9:42 am

My little Princess would love this! What are the prices for this?

Dara Trujillo on August 28th, 2012 at 9:26 am

I’m sure your little princess would love the D-Tech Me Princess experience! The experience is $99.95 plus tax and shipping.

Jessica on August 27th, 2012 at 1:40 pm

We’re going for “Christmas” late November, and this would be a perfect gift for my 3 year old! Is there somewhere we can find more detailed information on this? How long it takes, prices, etc.

Michelle on August 27th, 2012 at 4:23 pm

If you click on the link in the second line that says “first look at the experience” there is a quite bit more information! Has the time frames, cost, etc.

Brooke from CA on August 27th, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Why only 3-12 year olds? I know some older girls who would love to have a princess figurine of themselves.

Dara Trujillo on August 28th, 2012 at 9:26 am

Hi Brooke – The age limit for this experience matches the current age limit for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique experience also found at the World of Disney.

Mark on August 28th, 2012 at 10:20 am

Will they ever have a Prince opportunity?

Jackie on August 28th, 2012 at 12:21 pm

PLEASE extend! (At least until FEB This will be a hit if extended. Please who do I need to write or call to make this permanent?

Penny on August 28th, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Any chance this will be coming to DL? We are WDW vets but our next trip is out west and are afraid we’ll miss this if it’s not extended at WDW. Thanks!

Christine on September 5th, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Just called and learned that the experience ends in November. We’re so disappointed because we’re visiting in early December. We really hope it returns. We’d love to capture our little princess’ image before she’s all grown up.

Amber on September 10th, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I am all grown up and I want a princess figurine of myself in the teal Ariel dress. Boo. ):