Walt Disney and Mickey Statue at Cinderella Castle

A Tasty Tour: Inside the Candy Kitchen on Main Street, U.S.A., at Disneyland Park

posted on August 16th, 2012 by Shannon Swanson, Public Relations Manager, Disneyland Resort

After working in the Candy Palace for 38 years, Disneyland park candy maker Rob McHargue truly knows his way around a kitchen. In the video below, Rob gives us a tour of his “office” in the newly remodeled Candy Palace.

The updated Candy Kitchen has double the square footage as before, providing more viewing space – a bigger window of opportunity to see the candy makers at work. A pass-through window, more counter space, a kitchen stock room and a second copper kettle were also added. The kitchen produces approximately 63 different items year-round. Lucky for me, they happened to be making my favorite toffee treats during my visit. What’s your favorite confection from the Candy Palace?

Check out these posts to read more about sweet treats available at Disneyland park:

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Disney Dining, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Nicole on August 16th, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Oh MY !! I am drooling ! So miss going to Disney. Maybe next year……… I would so love to be a candy maker for the day there !! Now that would be awesome !! Love the new store!

Jessica on August 16th, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Oh my goodness! I remember Rob from when they featured him on a Disney Food Netowrk special with Guy Fieri! That was such a fun episode, they talked about all the work and magic that goes into Disneyland at Christmas time.

I loved seeing this, the candy stores are always a favorite of mine :)

Joshua on August 16th, 2012 at 5:01 pm

It looks so delicious! Thank you so much for putting my family and I in your production Shannon! It turned out great and I can’t wait until I go tomorrow to get a treat as well! :)

Aaron from WA on August 16th, 2012 at 5:47 pm

YUM!!! My favorite treat are the Pretzels dipped in caramel, rolled in cashews and covered in chocolate!!! It just doesn’t get any better!!! Thanks for sharing! :0)

Oleg from CA on August 16th, 2012 at 6:57 pm

I love watching Rob and his staff work in the Candy Kitchen. It’s been so many years in a row I try to get there and watch him pull the candy by hand for the awesome fresh Candy Canes at Christmas time. It’s wonderful to have these craftsmen work every day for our enjoyment.

David from TX on August 16th, 2012 at 9:05 pm

I was just there in June and the place is awesome!

Colleen from TX on August 17th, 2012 at 9:11 am

Always stop by to watch and always, always pick up the peanut brittle.

Sue on August 18th, 2012 at 7:03 pm

YUM! It’s a tradition that I simply MUST come home with turtles (or pecan nuttles as they’re now called)from the Candy Kitchen. They’re our absolute favorites!

Doris on August 18th, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I can’t wait to see how many sugar free treats they have for those of us who need to count everything we eat every day, including treats. We are going in October, can’t wait!

Rochelle on August 19th, 2012 at 12:12 am

Pecan Nuttles!

E on August 24th, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Just like the gorgeous blond lady said…”Delicious”.