Tokyo Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion

All in the Details: Step Inside the World of Belle Through Her Magic Mirror at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on August 21st, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

We’ve hinted before on the Disney Parks Blog that Enchanted Tales with Belle, in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park, will be no ordinary character greeting. Today, we’re excited to share more details about this special experience. As you’ll see from the video below – provided by Walt Disney Imagineering – the goal of this attraction is not just to give you a place to meet a Disney character, but to completely transport you into the world of “Beauty and The Beast.”

The journey begins at Maurice’s Cottage, where they’ll walk through the whimsical garden and find inventions created by Belle’s tinkerer father, Maurice. Inside are books, pictures and other symbols that define the home of Belle and Maurice and their lives there, including leftover gadgets and artifacts from experiments gone awry. But guests also will see a mirror that magically becomes a portal into Beast’s Castle

To be continued!

Watch more behind-the-scenes videos from Walt Disney Imagineering in these posts:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

David from TX on August 21st, 2012 at 10:07 am

THAT IS AWESOME!!! I can’t tell you how much I look forward to that mirror that turns into a door. Way to go Disney!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 21st, 2012 at 10:22 am

It’s AMAZING!

Carrie on August 21st, 2012 at 10:13 am

Wow. Wow. Wow!! This looks so fantastic! I got the chills just watching this video! Can’t wait to see more!

John on August 21st, 2012 at 10:13 am

WOW!!! What a cliffhanger!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 21st, 2012 at 10:22 am

Just wait to see what comes next! :)

Susan from AL on August 21st, 2012 at 10:14 am

How creative and fun! Being an architecural designer, I can’t wait to see everything new in person. We will be there on December 29th and I’m counting the days. I’m more excited than my 13 and 9 year old daughters. 130 days to go!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 21st, 2012 at 10:24 am

The entire area is amazing. You’ll love exploring. Have a great trip.

Ashley on August 21st, 2012 at 10:15 am

Wow the cottage looks great, not to mention that AMAZING mirror! Only Disney makes magic like this.

fabiola on August 21st, 2012 at 10:16 am

It’s all so amazing. We hope to enjoy this attraction. Unfortunately we can not dine in the castle of the beast yesterday as the first day for reservations call around 1 pm there were no more seats available for the 11th of December. My daughter is sad because I wanted this dinner of Christmas present.

Dawn from NY on August 21st, 2012 at 10:18 am

OK. So I got butterflies and even a bit misty-eyed for that last bit. So excited.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 21st, 2012 at 10:22 am

Daniel on August 21st, 2012 at 10:19 am

Thank you so much for sharing these, Jen. This looks amazing! I can’t wait to be there, this Christmas.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 21st, 2012 at 10:25 am

Thank our friends at Imagineer (who worked super hard on getting this done!).

Anjanette on August 21st, 2012 at 10:28 am

I never can see the videos; they just come up as a black box on my screen. :( Is there a program I need to have loaded on my computer in order for them to come up?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 21st, 2012 at 10:31 am

Are you watching on a home or work computer? Some employers may restrict YouTube access.

Christopher on August 21st, 2012 at 10:36 am

I just have one question though. If Belle and her father had just moved to the village in recent years, how can she have a growth chart on the wall starting at 12 months?

Philip on August 21st, 2012 at 10:36 am

Very cool. Looking forward to seeing this in person when it’s complete.

Kim on August 21st, 2012 at 10:46 am

OMG!! How breath-takingly imaginitive! The mirror is just completely phenomenal! We’ve been so spoiled with all the details Disney creates in it’s attractions, but this is a new standard of creativeness! Can’t wait to see it in person Dec 13!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 21st, 2012 at 11:08 am

They totally took it to a new level here. :)

rhonda on August 21st, 2012 at 10:56 am

Thank you Jen and Disney imagineers ! Can’ t wait for our trip during the preview time . The posts very week get us more excited to see all the exciting new adventures that are ahead :)

Joseph on August 21st, 2012 at 10:57 am

it looks so wonderful, we are just sad it wont be open when we are there in oct…i just want to spend all day in that area and take it all in!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 21st, 2012 at 11:07 am

We’ll keep the updates coming so you don’t miss any of the opening, Joseph.

Llance on August 21st, 2012 at 11:11 am

That mirror may be one of the most brilliant things I have ever seen!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 21st, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Wait til you see it in person. :)

Anjanette on August 21st, 2012 at 11:31 am

No, I’m on my home computer. I was able to watch by searching for the video directly on YouTube. Looks so neat. Sure hope there are some soft openings in October as I’d love to see it on our next trip!

Sara from TN on August 21st, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Amazing! The area already looks amazing, but that mirror!! What a feat! That made me go look at the latest picture of the area, and Maurice’s cottage does back up to a mountainous area…what’s through that portal could be almost anything! I’m really amazed by that and I expect a lot from Disney (and my ticket price!) Nobody else does stuff like this and as well. Wow. thanks so much for posting!

jennifer on August 21st, 2012 at 12:16 pm

A BIG shout out to all of the Disney Imagineers! I have a 14 year old son who dreams of being an Imagineer one day. We have really enjoy watching the videos that have been posted. They can be a great incentive for making good grades! I was very fortunate yesterday that I was able to secure a reservation at Be Our Guest for New Years Eve. We can’t wait to for the holidays to get here so we can see all of these great things in person. Every detail is what makes Disney so magical!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 21st, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Congrats, Jennifer! Sounds like you have a great son. I hope you enjoy your trip.

Debra on August 21st, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I was so sad to see Minnie’s house in Toontown leave us, but I think exploring Maurice’s cottage will be just as fun!

Danielle on August 21st, 2012 at 12:40 pm

“Less than” 4 months till I see all this with my own eyes and dine at Be Our Guest (yay for getting ADRs right at 7:02am with a nice Cast Member yesterday.) Loving all the attention to details. Those Imagineers sure are a talented bunch!

Lauren on August 21st, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Hi Jennifer. I love that you’re able to get all this detailed information/photos/videos for us. I just wish that I knew more juicy details about The Little Mermaid areas of the expansion beyond just photos on the exterior of Prince Eric’s Castle. It’s been six weeks now since we’ve heard anything about Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid or Ariel’s Grotto in your weekly blog post. Please give us Little Mermaid fans some love!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 21st, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Will do. Sit tight, Lauren.

Victoria on August 21st, 2012 at 1:03 pm

As a little girl watching Beauty and the Beast I always wondered how the rest of the cottage looked liked and the Imagineers have really brought it to life. Plus incorporating a magical door to the Beast’s castle takes it to a completely new level. Love the idea and can’t wait to experience this!

Lisa on August 21st, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I can’t wait to see this in person at Christmas. Managed to make reservations to eat in the castle on Christmas Eve.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 21st, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Nice!

Allie on August 21st, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I am SO excited for the Fantasyland Expansion! We were going to go in October (we have an annual trip in October, to go to the Not-So-Scary Halloween party), but something came up and we rescheduled… to attend the official opening in December!!!!! I am SO excited; I can’t wait to see this in person!

Shannon on August 21st, 2012 at 2:53 pm

WOW!! I got goosebumps when I saw the portal mirror. I cannot wait to see your next “preview”. I love Belle and can’t wait to walk thru the portal myself. :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 21st, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Happy you liked it, Shannon.

Lois on August 21st, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Ditto to Lauren’s comment about wanting more in-depth information/details about the Little Mermaid areas of the expansion. I mean, I like Beauty and the Beast too, but we’ve seen A LOT about those areas lately. Please bring us some goodies for those of us who love The Little Mermaid. Thanks.

Allie on August 21st, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I have a question about the Be Our Guest reservations. A lot of people commented about making reservations without having given credit card numbers, but some people said that those reservations would get deleted. My mom made two reservations for Be Our Guest during our upcoming January trip (I’m SO excited!), but she didn’t give a credit card. She made the reservations on the phone, shortly after the reservations opened. I checked online, and it seems like the reservations were successful. But could you confirm that it’s okay that we didn’t give a credit card?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 21st, 2012 at 4:17 pm

The safest way to check your reservations is to call 407-WDW-DINE. I don’t have access to any of that info.

Kimberly on August 21st, 2012 at 3:51 pm

I cannot wait to see this in January!!! It’s amazing!

Jim from OR on August 21st, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I am never disappointed in the creativity of Disney…even though I barely remember my first trip to Disneyland in 1955, I still have a few memories of the high points and suspect that this will be one of the things that a young child on their first trip will remember forever…Disney always does it well, and never disappoints you with a repeat or remake…

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 21st, 2012 at 5:45 pm

That’s very nice of you to say, Jim.

Yvonne from SC on August 21st, 2012 at 5:40 pm

There’s no place like Disney! This is just magical! Thanks for sharing!

Sherrie on August 21st, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Oh my goodness- can’t wait to see it with my grandkids!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 21st, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I’m sure it will be a VERY memorable trip!

Nichole from MO on August 21st, 2012 at 6:18 pm

I am soooo excited! It is sooo amazing what these Disney Imagineers can do, I am almost in tears! I am coming the 1st week of November but I have already booked an additional trip at the end of January so I can surprise my mom for her Bday and see this and eat at Be Our Guest. I LOVE DISNEY!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 21st, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Wow, what a great surprise! Don’t forget your camera. This will be one memorable birthday!

Jane from NB on August 21st, 2012 at 6:54 pm

I have been to Disney World almost every year since I was 3 and I think this years trip is the most exciting for me yet. I am looking so forward to seeing the new expansion. I just wish there was going to be more open when we arrive the end of October. I am such a Disney freak!!

Kerry on August 21st, 2012 at 7:06 pm

When will this be done? we are comimg October 12 through 19th… staying at the new Art of Animation resort….. was hoping most of this was also ready to see!!

Laureen from TX on August 21st, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Just showed my little ones – between this magical preview and telling them we’re eating at Beast’s castle has them promising to be good “at least until Nobemberer” when we go. Now THAT’S magic!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 21st, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Have a magical trip, Laureen. I can’t wait to share the new experiences with my family as well.

cathie on August 21st, 2012 at 7:53 pm

We never get tired of Disney. Thank you for the preview. My daughter and I will be there once again, on the 25th. We love the magic of Disney.

Lorraine on August 21st, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Very excited about this! :)

Douglas from FL on August 21st, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Cant wait to see it going the first week of December 102 more days. Plan to make reservation for “Be Our Guest” online tomorrow.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 22nd, 2012 at 10:33 am

Have a great visit.

Melinda from OR on August 21st, 2012 at 11:20 pm

I will visit it on December 11th!!! Can’t wait!

Diane on August 22nd, 2012 at 8:06 am

Great job Imagineers! Can’t wait to see it in December!

Christina on August 22nd, 2012 at 10:40 am

I literally about to begin to cry I’m so excited to have my first daughter now after 3 boys and doing all the boys things everytime we went to disney world and now I get to spoil a princess for her 1st birthday with not only MY favortie princess but what has become her fav princess as well. WE LOVE YOU BELLE!!! We can’t wait to see it all in Nov or Dec when it opens.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 22nd, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Sounds great, Christina. I think both boys and girls will enjoy this new area. It’s so well themed and the detail is amazing.

Patti from MA on August 22nd, 2012 at 3:30 pm

OMG !!! I can’t wait to get there in December.

Antoinette from CA on August 22nd, 2012 at 4:11 pm

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is so amazing, so beautiful!!! I may have to move to Florida. We so NEED this in Disneyland!!!!

John on August 22nd, 2012 at 8:46 pm

That has got to be one of the best jobs to have. Just think, you come to work everyday and get to see something like that. I only hope that the workers are as excided as I am and can’t wait for it to open.

Kory on August 22nd, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Can I just say that Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie, broadway musical, stage show, and soon to be favorite area and restaurant!!! You should have seen my reaction back when this was all announced in 2009 at the D23 Expo!!! AND now it’s all coming together and seeing this video makes it all worth the wait! As soon as I check into Bay Lake Tower December 15th, I am running over to Magic Kingdom (literally) and going straight here!!! Thank you for all these amazing updates!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 23rd, 2012 at 8:40 am

Sounds like you’re excited Kory. :)

Brenda on August 24th, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Very excited! We will be there for the preview time! Couldnt have planned our trip at a better time :) November 22 – 27 ! Was sad to see Mickey and Minnie’s homes go…BUT this fills that “void” for us for PERFECTLY!

Matt on August 27th, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Very excited to see this in person. My wife and I are already booked for 2013. I’m putting money down on my guess..That is a door to Be Our Guest restaurant and the house will serve as an interactive queue for waiting guests. :-)

Kaylyn on August 27th, 2012 at 6:18 pm

I’m so sad! I’m coming in October and I wanted to see the new Fantasyland!

Cassandra on September 4th, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I’m so excited!!! I’m going back June 2013 and I cannot wait. This is something that will be a must see for next year. I have my countdown already on my calendar to make my dining reservations and I cannot wait. Wahoo!

Kate on September 5th, 2012 at 7:15 pm

This looks truly amazing…you people are sooooo clever!
We are coming next May for our first visit & my DD will be 4 and I just know she is going to be completely blown away by this..she loves all of the princesses but Belle has a special place in her heart, as does Snow White, as does Rapunzel, as does Ariel, as does Merida…you get my point. :)
We so cannot wait for the Disney magic we have read and hear all about! :-) Roll on May 16th 2013!