Disney's Electrical Parade

Chat Live with Walt Disney Imagineer Melissa Jeselnick Today at 1:15 p.m. EDT

posted on August 27th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Who’s ready to talk Test Track?

Imagineer Melissa Jeselnick will be with us right here on the Disney Parks Blog, beginning at 1:15 p.m. EDT, to answer some of your questions about what’s changing at the attraction. We’ve received a ton of questions so far, but please keep them coming. You can submit your queries right here for Melissa during the chat.

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and follow @WaltDisneyWorld on Twitter for the latest Test Track changes. While you’re on Twitter, join in the conversation by using the hashtag #TestTrack.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

Micahel on August 27th, 2012 at 12:43 pm

I was wondering, I’m not much of a thrill ride fan, will the changes you make to the vehicle allow your ride to be smoother/ less thrilling?

Courtney from NE on August 27th, 2012 at 12:45 pm

What steps are taken during a refurbishment to make sure it will be a long-lasting change? The old Test Track started becoming dated near the end – how do you determine the most important changes to make, to make the update ‘last’?

Otto on August 27th, 2012 at 12:50 pm

What I read about the new Test Track is that it’s making us believe we get into the virtual testing, like getting into a computer (not unlike Tron). But what happens when you leave the building? Do we get transported to the real world or will the outside get a digital makeover to?

Kyle from GA on August 27th, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Is there a chance of this sort of updating work extending out to other areas of Future World?

Robert from FL on August 27th, 2012 at 12:58 pm

How will the new Test Track tie into the cohesive narrative of Future World?

Melissa from NY on August 27th, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Any chance that the new Test Track will be open before the end of November? We will be there from Nov 15-23rd and really hoping we get a chance to see it during out stay.

Mike from IL on August 27th, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Is the exterior of the building going to see any changes?

Kenneth on August 27th, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Rumor has it that this will become a “design your own” kind of experience. Will there still be a ride, or will it become a simulator like the design-your-own at Downtown Disney, or Mission Space?
Also…related…is anything to be done to make the lines move faster — shorten the wait?

Gary on August 27th, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Will the track be similar to the old track or will it be completely different?

Lauren from NJ on August 27th, 2012 at 1:10 pm

How many possible iterations of the ride will there be? I’m imagining a “Choose Your Own Adventure” version of Star Tours 2.0, in which there are, for instance, 5 decisions to make, each with 4-5 choices for the guest.

Bret on August 27th, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Will Bill McKim make a triumphant return with the new Test Track, or has the character been removed?

Andy on August 27th, 2012 at 1:29 pm

This is awesome, so glad it’s the last day of my vacation and I have off!!

Laura on August 27th, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Will there be an option to opt out of the design stations and just ride the ride?

Amanda from AL on August 27th, 2012 at 2:02 pm

This was wonderful! I missed the beginning, but was very excited to see I could read the whole chat. Thank you for that! We are very excited to see the new re-imagined Test Track. We’ll be there at the beginning of October and then the beginning of January! I have it on my schedule for our January trip already :). Thank you again for the great chat!

Toni on August 27th, 2012 at 2:03 pm

My little brother has always wanted to be an imagineer at Disney and he has been busy building virtual roller coasters thinking of ways to improve the ones already at Disney. What’s the best way for a kid to get on the right track to be an imagineer? How did you become one?

Matt on August 27th, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I always enjoy seeing PM’s answer fan questions. Thanks for taking the time to do so. On the flip side of that I wish the answers were a little less PR-ish. Either way I can’t wait to see the end product.