Winter at Disneyland Resort

Disney Parks After Dark: Fireworks Above Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on August 2nd, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Tonight’s “Disney Parks After Dark” photo is a spectacular shot of the Wishes Nighttime Spectacular from above Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom Park.

Disney Parks After Dark: Fireworks Above Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom Park

This shot really fires up my imagination. To me, the color of the fireworks looks like the fight for independence is happening right before my eyes here in Liberty Square. From this viewpoint, a soundtrack by Epcot’s Voices of Liberty or the Fife & Drum Corps, would be ideal!

What’s your favorite place to watch fireworks at Magic Kingdom Park? Tell us in the comments section below.

Check out these past posts from our “Disney Parks After Dark” series:

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

jennifer on August 2nd, 2012 at 10:41 pm

I’ll always remember watching from the lagoon on the Pirates and Pals voyage. The view was great and we loved our entertaining crew!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 3rd, 2012 at 8:23 am

Jennifer – I did that cruise once, and you’re right, it offers a great view! (Mainly because there is no one in front of you!)

Glen on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:10 pm

My favorite spot is in Fantasyland near Dumbo (the old location), where I proposed to my fiance, now my wife, during Wishes. I asked her during the instrumental part before the children start singing. The ring is inscribed “Do as Dreamers Do.” It’s really her favorite spot, but now it’s mine too. Also, a nearby cleaning crew cast member, wearing Mickey hands, was conducting the fireworks like Mickey in Fantasia with pinpoint accuracy while we were watching there the next night.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 3rd, 2012 at 8:23 am

What a nice story, thank you, Glen. :)

Mitchell from IL on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:15 pm

We love to sit over by Cosmic Ray’s to watch the fireworks, and get a great view of Tinkerbell.

Shawn on August 3rd, 2012 at 12:42 am

Beautiful shot!

I’m a fan of just watching right down Main Street. Nothing beats seeing the fireworks above the castle.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 3rd, 2012 at 8:25 am

That’s where I usually watch them from, too…although some of these photos are making me interested in other areas.

Debra from NJ on August 3rd, 2012 at 8:11 am

What a great shot! Beautiful! My favorite viewpoint and photo spot is from the center of Main Street, USA surrounded by family and friends.

Jeff on August 3rd, 2012 at 10:41 am

the bridge at the end of Main Street. You can feed the ducks and watch the colors change on the castle while you wait.

Mindy from IL on August 3rd, 2012 at 10:41 am

Loved watching the fireworks from the Dessert Party…seeing Tinkerbell fly right over our heads was AMAZING!!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 3rd, 2012 at 11:06 am

Oh yes, that is also a favorite of mine! Delicious!

Elizabeth on August 4th, 2012 at 9:47 am

I love to watch near the walls of new fantasyland. Hardly anyone is over there, so you don’t have to deal with a crowd at all.

Kimberly on August 4th, 2012 at 8:36 pm

My favorites are on the roof at Bay Lake Tower or at O’Hana! They dim the lights and chime in the music. Perfect view of the fireworks over the castle and you can even see TinkerBell from Bay Lake.

Carolyn from MS on August 30th, 2012 at 11:54 pm

We always watch from the bridge coming from Tomorrow Land.
I am so ready for Oct.26 to get here. My husband and I are going all by ourselves and going to the MNSSHP. Can’t wait!