Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Holiday Art for the Grand Emporium at Tokyo Disneyland

Disneyland Resort APs: Register Now for Your Chance to ‘Glow With the Show’ at ‘Fantasmic!’ on August 28

posted on August 13th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

On Friday, we told you that the popular “Glow With the Show” Ears would soon light up audiences during “Fantasmic!” at Disneyland park, and today we’ve got some exciting news just for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders! Registration is open right now for a special opportunity for Annual Passholders to “Glow With the Show” at a private viewing of “Fantasmic!” on August 28.
‘Glow With the Show’ Ears

Bring your “Glow with the Show” Ears and be among the first to see this magical new experience! That’s right – the premiere showing of this special technology during “Fantasmic!” will be a private viewing exclusively for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders. Register now to attend, because space is limited and based on availability!

Here are the details:

• One night only – Tuesday, August 28
  • 10 p.m. – 12 a.m.
  • Private viewing of “Fantasmic!” will begin at 11:30 p.m.
  • Select attractions, shops and food offerings will be open for event guests until 12 a.m.
  • Attendees are strongly encouraged to bring their own “Glow with the Show” Ears. Hats are not required for event attendance, but strongly encouraged for optimal viewing experience.

And here’s how you register:

• Registration applies to Annual Passholder and up to 3 Annual Passholder guests
  • Visit any open ticket booth in the Disneyland Resort Main Entrance Esplanade
  • Present your active Annual Passport and a valid, government-issued photo I.D., as verification of your eligibility to register for the event
  • Based on availability, cast member will complete your registration and give you a voucher, required for admission to the event. Limit one (1) voucher per eligible Annual Passholder; multiple vouchers will not be honored

Important additional information:

• Annual Passholders must be at least 18 years old to RSVP for this event, but their guests (up to 3 additional Annual Passholders) may be younger than 18.
  • Registration will close at 10 p.m. (PDT) on Thursday, August 23, 2012, or as soon as capacity for the event is reached.
  • Registration must occur in person at a Disneyland Resort Main Entrance Ticket Booth.
  • Each eligible Annual Passholder is limited to one (1) registration voucher, and voucher does not guarantee admission.
  • Registered Passholders and each of their guests must be valid Annual Passholders on the day of the event and must use their Passports for park entry.
  • Valid Photo I.D. may be required at check-in.
  • “Glow with the Show” Ears are not provided for event participation.
  • The event is subject to change or cancellation without notice.

Check out these posts to learn more about “Glow With the Show” Ears:

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Jeremy on August 13th, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Ugh! I’m never there to register ahead of time, but I’m always there during the event. Dang, and it’s on my girlfriend’s birthday too, that would have been perfect.
Is the Glow With the Show technology going to be running anytime before the special event, or will August 28 be the first time they are doing this?

Erin Glover on August 13th, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Jeremy – The AP event on August 28 will be the first time “Glow With the Show” is seen during “Fantasmic!”

Devin on August 13th, 2012 at 6:31 pm

so……could this come to the Fantasmic at Disney World? Anytime soon? Already there? Am I behind or missing something?

Erin Glover on August 13th, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Devin – Right now, “Glow With the Show” is at Disney California Adventure park and making its debut at “Fantasmic!” in Disneyland park soon. Stay tuned for updates.

Jeremy on August 13th, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Thanks for the quick response Erin! Will “Glow With the Show” start having regular “Fantasmic!” showings anytime soon after August 28?

Erin Glover on August 13th, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Yes! As soon as I have a confirmed date to share, we’ll post an update here on the Disney Parks Blog.

Donald from FL on August 13th, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Really disappointed that you can’t register for this online. I’m a Passholder who’ll be visiting DL that week but can’t register in person before then and fear all of the vouchers will be gone before I get there.

Kyna from CA on August 13th, 2012 at 6:44 pm

I am so excited!! :D

David on August 13th, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Would the complimentary “Glow with the Show” Ears that were given out for the AP World of Color event back in June work for the Fantasmic “Glow with the Show” event? Or do we have to go buy them?

Erin Glover on August 14th, 2012 at 12:27 pm

No need to buy new ears – the same “Glow With the Show” Ears will work for “Fantasmic!” as well!

Abigail on August 13th, 2012 at 7:11 pm

So, now free ears for this event? Missed out on the World of Color event when they were giving away free ears. Do they plan on not giving away glow with the show ears for the Fantasmic event?

Justin on August 13th, 2012 at 8:08 pm

So why isn’t there registration online like you done with previous AP events? We are coming from out of town and won’t get there til the 25th but would love to attend the show. Any way around this?

Devin on August 13th, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Just a quick question Erin…Do my annual passholder guests have to be present with me when I register for the event?

Erin Glover on August 14th, 2012 at 12:38 pm

They don’t have to be with you when you register, but your entire party must check in together at the event.

Alan on August 13th, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Just ran to the parks and registered, I will not miss this one like I missed all the other Glow With The Show events.

Ryan on August 13th, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Hopefully its still happening in November

Peg on August 13th, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Why isn’t the opportunity to register for the Fantastic Glow with the Show preview offered to annual passholders who do not live in the area? We have reservations at Disney resort hotel for the week this occurs yet because we can’t register in person by Aug 23rd are unable to participate.

Deborah on August 14th, 2012 at 1:10 am

Wish we could register online since Im an Annual Passholder that lives in Texas. We’re going to Disneyland that week for my daughter’s birthday and would love to go to this event, but obviously since were in Texas we can’t register in person. :(

michael on August 14th, 2012 at 1:40 am

Will my glow with the show ears work with Fantasmic, every showing after August 28th?

Erin Glover on August 14th, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Yes, they will!

Sal on August 14th, 2012 at 2:16 am

Registered and ready to go. Not missing out on this one. The World of Color event was amazing, nice way to promote the glowing ears.

Elizabeth on August 14th, 2012 at 8:31 am

Ok….I’m confused…..WHY am *I* just hearing about this now? Also, we PRE-register in person???

Linda from CA on August 14th, 2012 at 11:40 am

I too have to say that it is a shame that there is not an online registration for those of us that would love to attend the event but live far enough away that to travel the distance just to register is not an option. :(

Jeffrey on August 14th, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Bummer that you have to register in-person. We’ll be there on the 28th, but not in time to register. We love Fantasmic and this is the first AP event that we’ll be at Disneyland for.

Jimmy on August 14th, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Just an FYI: you need to have your own ears for this event, no free ears will be given out.

Elizabeth, the news just hit the blogosphere and people’s social media yesterday, so this is still new. Disney Parks Blog is pretty much up to date about it. And yes, you have to RSVP in person. The day of, you “Check In” to your RSVP and get a wristband.

Joshua on August 15th, 2012 at 3:14 am

Thank you so much Erin! I’ve missed both of the World Of Color private viewings and I’m so excited that I’m going to register today at the Disneyland Resort on time! Thanks for the heads-up.

beth on August 15th, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Where can we purchase these ears at?

Jeannie on August 15th, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I just registered and got my voucher, but I won’t be able to get to the park until after work to get my wristband. Do you know if I’d be guaranteed a spot if I had the voucher?

Donald from FL on August 15th, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Really disappointed that Disney has chosen to exclude non-local AP holders from enjoying this event.

Jillian from CA on August 15th, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Once again, I live just far enough away that I’m not able to travel just to register, but would love love love to attend this event. This seems to be a reoccurring theme, and it’s disappointing to be left out of these AP events simply because I am not able to register in person. I see that I am not alone in this….any chance you might open up online registration for these types of events? I’m sure many of us would appreciate it. Thanks. Going to try to see if I can make something work….

Susan on August 16th, 2012 at 10:59 am

Has the event reached capacity?!?!

Jacqueline from CA on August 21st, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I was told yesterday that they had just reached capacity when I attempted to register. Is there a stand by line available?

Kyna from CA on August 24th, 2012 at 1:00 pm

When we visited on the 20th the vouchers had all been distributed :( Any word on whether they will be adding an additional event? The CM said if they did they would send out an email…

Elizabeth on August 29th, 2012 at 12:28 pm

OMG IT WAS AWEEEEESOME!!!!!!! Did ANYONE get any video? ( my phone died at ten pm :((((