If you want to explore all the new fun and attractions at Disney California Adventure park, plus see the nighttime spectaculars, plus enjoy the many great shows, plus visit your favorite places at Disneyland park, you’re going to need a few days to do everything.
When moms and dads try to cram too much into one day, they often end up with someone in the family turning into a version Grumpy. To avoid that famous dwarf’s demeanor, try slowing down a bit and seeing Disney California Adventure park from a child’s point of view. The attractions and shows designed for wee ones often put a smile on the face of parents and grandparents, too.
Today’s suggested itinerary invites you to enjoy the experiences that are fun for all ages, whether it’s floating on air in a giant tire, shrinking to the size of a bug or learning to draw a Disney character with a Disney sketch artist.
- Luigi’s Flying Tires (new at Cars Land)
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree (new at Cars Land)
- “Instant Concert … Just Add Water,” daytime fountain show led by Maestro Goofy (new at Paradise Bay)
- Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train (“a bug’s land”)
- Flik’s Flyers (“a bug’s land”)
- King Triton’s Carousel (Boardwalk at Paradise Pier)
- Golden Zephyr (Paradise Pier)
- Games of the Boardwalk featuring beloved Disney characters (Paradise Pier)
- Toy Story Mania! (Paradise Pier)
- “Dancin’ with Disney” (new at Stage 17)
- Turtle Talk with Crush (Disney Animation, in Hollywood Land)
- Character Close-Up* (Disney Animation, in Hollywood Land)
*Be sure to take this character sketching class, offered throughout the day at Disney Animation in Hollywood Land. While you’re there, don’t miss the Toy Story Zoetrope – a unique, interactive tribute to the art of animation.
If you enjoyed this day’s itinerary and then had a second day at Disney California Adventure park, what would you do?