Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

‘Phineas and Ferb & YOU: A Brand New Reality’ Opens at Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort September 1

posted on August 14th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

First there were “Phineas & Ferb” character meet and greets at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Then Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure opened at Epcot. Now, the brothers will invade another area of Walt Disney World Resort: Beginning September 1, guests of all ages can participate in a complimentary augmented reality offering at Downtown Disney called “Phineas and Ferb & YOU: A Brand New Reality.”

“‘Phineas

The experience, which will take place next to Bongos Cuban Café, will allow guests to step onto a platform and virtually interact with Phineas, Ferb, Dr. Doof and Agent P (in their animated forms) on a screen above. Fans can expect to experience any one of 20 different interactions, from dancing “The Platypus Walk” to getting caught in Dr. Doof’s Freeze-inator.

Afterward, guests can digitally share a complimentary souvenir photo of their animated interaction with their family and friends.

Special “Phineas & Ferb” merchandise will also be available.

“Phineas and Ferb & YOU: A Brand New Reality” will run through December 1, and is open from 2-9:30 p.m., daily.

Read more about “Phineas & Ferb” at Walt Disney World Resort in the posts below:

Filed: Downtown Disney, Walt Disney World Resort

Brian on August 14th, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Can you make one for DtD for DLR?

Theresa on August 14th, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Hopefully this will become a popular attraction and they decide to keep it longer.

Sean from GA on August 14th, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Excited for some Brand New fun at Downtown Disney! Our son is going to love this.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 14th, 2012 at 4:04 pm

It should be a lot of fun!

Blake on August 14th, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Wow, this sounds great! Hope it’ll stick around, it’s this type of thing that’d get my family out to Downtown Disney more often.

Diana from NY on August 14th, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Neat idea – I am unashamed to share that I love Phineas & Ferb (nope, no kids here, lol), and I will totally check this out on my trip next month. It’s also nice to have a reason to go over to the West Side. It’s been kinda dead at that side of DtD since PI closed!

Otto on August 14th, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Is that the same thing Disney did in New York a while ago? That was awesome!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 14th, 2012 at 4:06 pm

It’s a similar approach, yes.

Margo from VA on August 14th, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Love to see this extended as we’re not coming until Dec 11. My boys would live this!

Amanda on August 14th, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Awesome! I’m coming to WDW for my birthday next month and I will definitely check this out!

Missy on August 14th, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I’m not sure who will be more excited to do this, my husband our our kids! We are hoping for a Dr Doofensmirtz to join the characters to meet in WDW…..That would be GREAT!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 16th, 2012 at 8:37 am

Fun!

tricia on August 14th, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Please, please consider extending it. We are all HUGE fans of the show, but won’t be able to make it to Disney until NEXT year.

deanne on August 14th, 2012 at 5:28 pm

So excited! More fun to add to the list! We will be there at the end of September, glad were able to see this :)

Nicole on August 14th, 2012 at 5:49 pm

That is awesome! I now have a great last day surprise as we are leaving on 9/1, and as luck would have it, we were already spending our last day in downtown disney!

Laurie from MI on August 14th, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Can’t wait. November 2013.

Adele from Cumbria on August 15th, 2012 at 4:51 am

Ooh my kids will love this!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 16th, 2012 at 8:38 am

andrew from FL on August 15th, 2012 at 8:12 am

Is there a cost? If so, how much?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 16th, 2012 at 8:38 am

Nope, no cost.

David on August 15th, 2012 at 11:36 am

Cool! This is the kind of stuff that supports my idea that if Disney wants to re-invigorate Epcot, they need to make it Phineas and Ferbcot. Not so much that they re-theme the whole place in the style of the show (or naming it that), but make them hosts of Future World and give the it the energy and innovation they can bring to give it a real shot in the arm and keep the educational/intelligence level high, but approachable. Agent P can handle the rest!

Travis on August 15th, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I will be there 9/8 – 9/16 just short of 23 days from now! My daughter will go nuts for this. I wanted to know, I purchased the Photo Pass Plus already, will this attraction photo be free as a part of the Photo Pass Plus advanced purchase?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 16th, 2012 at 8:38 am

The photo is complimentary to all guests.

Gregory on August 15th, 2012 at 7:45 pm

I hope this sticks around until we’re there just after Thanksgiving next year. We’ll be there with our P&F checks!

Carol on August 19th, 2012 at 12:59 am

Yeah we arrive on Sept 1st and as with all our trips we always hit downtown Disney first and Galaxy Quest, we will be stopping by this new attraction for sure since my son and I love love love Phineas and Ferb. Also looking forward to buying some new Phineas and Ferb mechandise. Yeah so excited!

Shannon on August 21st, 2012 at 9:22 am

Super thrilled to hear about this!! We’ll be visiting next week, and I’m even more excited now to stop at Downtown Disney to check out this new experience! My daughter is a huge Phineas and Ferb fan (let’s face it, so am I!!), so I know we’ll have a blast!! Thanks for sharing this information!

yasmin on September 2nd, 2012 at 8:18 pm

i went to downtown Disney and took the complementary picture of the Phineas Ferb and they give me a code to download you image at the website i look and is nothing to enter you code for the picture is somebody know the right link please send to me thank…