Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Behind the Scenes: Meet Disneyland Resort Park Announcers Bill and Camille

posted on September 24th, 2012 by Shannon Swanson, Public Relations Manager, Disneyland Resort

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls – in this video you will meet the faces behind the voices heard at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks. During a recent recording session, Bill Rogers and his wife Camille Dixon showed us how they create these very special Disneyland Resort announcements.

Read these posts to see more from behind the scenes at the Disneyland Resort:

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Disneyland Resort

Jessica on September 24th, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Whaat! This is AWESOME! Talk about Every Role a Starring Role; but oh my goodness that was so much fun to watch. Those are people that I don’t even think of as I’m walking into the park or watching an event. But now we finally have faces to the voices.

Thank you for sharing and I can’t wait to hear Bill and Camille the next trip I make to Disneyland and California Adventure! :D

Andrew on September 24th, 2012 at 6:07 pm

I miss Jack Wagner.

Rhonda on September 24th, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Oh, that is so awesome! I get nostalgic for Disneyland when I hear that voice.

Michael on September 24th, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Holy cow!!! This is so cool. When I played the video, I smiled from ear to ear because it reminded me of our vacation last year during Christmas time. I instantly recognized his voice. I can’t wait to hear it again for our trip this year in a couple of months. This is one of the coolest videos for sure! Thank you! I am gonna show it to my wife when I get home from work :)

Sherri from CA on September 24th, 2012 at 6:51 pm

After so many years, Bill’s voice feels like a friend. I too, loved the rope drop at the end of Main Street. I so miss it, now that they have moved the drop out on the hub to accommodate early morning access to the Jolly Holiday Bakery.

Michelle on September 24th, 2012 at 6:55 pm

So cool! I couldn’t help but wonder who did that when I was at the passholder meetup. It was cool to hear the “Disney voice” in a custom announcement. Awesome!

Dina from AB on September 24th, 2012 at 7:02 pm

I love this video… it takes me right to the park :) Thanks for sharing… so nice to see the people that do the announcements!

Amanda from CA on September 24th, 2012 at 7:17 pm

That’s so cool! I still get chills. And hearing his voice totally makes me want to be there right now!

Minesh from CA on September 24th, 2012 at 7:45 pm

This was so great! One of the best “Behind The Scenes” ever!

PAMELA from NV on September 24th, 2012 at 7:58 pm

I literally started crying listening to their voices. Just hearing them automatically brings me back to all the fun times I have spent at the parks with my family. Only 25 days until our next trip!

TROY from IN on September 24th, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Awesome! The park announcements are a big part of the memories a visit to Disney Parks make. I would love a future blog on the Disney World announcers as well! Thank you for sharing such wonderful information!

Alan from NY on September 24th, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Doesn’t Bill do the announcements at Walt Disney World, too?

Sherry from FL on September 24th, 2012 at 8:46 pm

This is so neat!! I have always wanted to know the faces behind the announcements. Thank you!!

Caitlyn from CA on September 24th, 2012 at 9:37 pm

He’s so awesome! I got to meet Bill at Destination D in August, as he was the announcer for the event. My mom and I chatted with him for awhile and he’s hilarious, but you can tell that he really loves his job :)

Donna on September 24th, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Hi, Bill and Cami,
I can’t wait to see you again, nor can I wait until our visit in December! The family is already bouncing, and it makes it even more special because of you!
cpugal in Idaho

Amy on September 24th, 2012 at 11:27 pm

I LOVE THEIR VOICES THEY ARE SO AMAZING

Bruce on September 24th, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Question: Do Bill and Camille have a Home Recording Studio and a broadband Phone Link to Disneyland Audio Central like Jack Wagner did?

There are old stories where Disneyland needed a custom announcement quickly, Jack would read it live to the PA System if they needed it Right Now, or pre-tape it quickly if they had a few minutes.

Roger on September 25th, 2012 at 3:33 am

Thanks so much for sharing this video.

Bill and Camille are truly part of the “magic” of Disneyland Resort.

I was wondering if Camille is the narrator’s voice at the begning of Fantasmic!? If not, can you share the name of the person who does do the introduction for Fantasmic!?

Denise from KS on September 25th, 2012 at 7:32 am

What a truly awesome job and what a lucky couple! They really are an integral part of the magical experience that we hold in our hearts when we go to Disney.

Jonathan on September 25th, 2012 at 8:48 am

It’s always interesting to see the faces of people who do jobs like these. But the best part is the fact that they’re married. They make it look easy when it’s actually quite a challenge. It’s not just reading an announcement. In fact it would be very easy to over-do something like this. But they have it down to a fine art. Bill and Camille sound warm, welcoming and friendly with just the right amount of joy, ebthusiasm and yes, a touch of magic. These are the kind of behind-the-scenes tid-bits Disney geeks like me love. Keep em coming.

Jessika on September 25th, 2012 at 12:40 pm

This was so great! I smiled the moment I read the opening sentence “Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls” Fantastic segment. His voice is truly golden.

melanie on September 25th, 2012 at 1:14 pm

@Roger, Linda Gary was the narrator in the beginning of Fantasmic!

Bill Rogers is my absolute favorite, and this video made me love him even more.. One of my goals is to meet him one day :]

Jeff from AZ on September 25th, 2012 at 1:52 pm

I love listening to Bill and Camille’s messages when I am in the park. I wished there were wav files of their announcements that I could listen to all day long, just to get that “Disneyland” feel that makes you feel good all over.

Makenzie on September 25th, 2012 at 2:19 pm

So. Much. Joy. Thank you for making this magical video! This definitely makes my list of favorite vids from this blog.

I wonder how much they’d charge to announce at a wedding… “Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, presenting Mr. and Mrs. ____!”

Tell Disney Dream Weddings to get on that addition ;)

Tim on September 25th, 2012 at 3:30 pm

“Without a doubt…” INDEED!!!

Webster from CA on September 26th, 2012 at 12:43 am

While at the Candlelight Processional a couple of years ago I noticed Bill standing at the microphone doing the announcements for the ceremony. I got a shiver, like I had just discovered a secret. I was moderately “star struck”, knowing this was the “Voice of Disneyland” that I had been hearing for years. So familiar is his voice that it too gives me instant flashbacks when I hear it. Every time he’s make an announcement during Candlelight, I was the only person watching him do it. He was in a darkened area behind the control booth and he sounded, as always, great. This year I have to muster up the courage to say “hi” in person. His voice is as much a current part of Disneyland as Paul Freez and Thurl Ravenscroft. They’re voices instantly take me back as well. Thanks for the vid.

Jim from WI on September 26th, 2012 at 9:07 am

Brought tears to my eyes. These folks are definitely creating magic with their voices. Thanks for sharing.

Dinah on September 26th, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Love this! Their voices are so recognizable, and yet this is the first time I’ve seen their faces. You can just close your eyes, hear these voices, and think you’re at Disneyland and California Adventure. I love these behind-the-scenes videos. Thank you!

Daniel from CA on September 27th, 2012 at 10:25 pm

What about “Damas y caballeros, ninos y ninas…” ?

William on September 28th, 2012 at 2:01 pm

This video is great! I’d like to say thanks Bill & Camille for all their work. They do a great job!

Debora on October 1st, 2012 at 7:46 am

I’m with Jim, tears of joy..thanks for the smiles, see you in March !!